Forums » Support

Back To Topics

SBrick iOS App

• 6 posts
    August 30, 2015 5:51 PM CEST

HI,

My name is Jason.  I create a second profile. All controls were working except joysticks. To add on, unable to close app by touch the 'X' button.

• August 24, 2015 3:40 AM CEST

[blockquote]Lénárd Pásztor said:

[blockquote]jean-christian rey said:

ibuy a new tablet ipad air 2 cellular

now i have a problem,the port tester is functionnal and not the command ,i verify with profil designer ,i push the sliders...no responses

[/blockquote]

Hi, Are you assigned the controls with the SBrick ports in the settings screen of the creation?

[/blockquote]OUPS! thank youi very much Lénárd , i forgot to put the letter front or "not used"

• 340 posts
    August 23, 2015 11:49 PM CEST

[blockquote]Peter Subert said:hello ,i have the same problem

Hi,

I have installed the latest app from appstore on my iPad2 (latest iOS), updated the application, but still having the following issue:

When I create a profile, I can not add an image: when I click on "Select Image", I get the prompt for "Camera" or "Photo Library", but then nothing happens.

Also, I can not see "Sbrick" on the list of my applications in the "Settings", so I can not change the privacy settings either (if that would be the reason).

Everything works beautifully otherwise and I experience no such behaviour on my iPhone 4S (same app, same iOS).

Please advise. 

Thanks a lot!

Peter

[/blockquote]

[/blockquote]

Yes, this is a known issue, apologize for the delay, it will be fixed in the next release. I hope the next release will go to the apple review in next week. We will post about that.

• 340 posts
    August 23, 2015 11:47 PM CEST

now i have a problem,the port tester is functionnal and not the command ,i verify with profil designer ,i push the sliders...no responses

[/blockquote]

Hi, Are you assigned the controls with the SBrick ports in the settings screen of the creation?

• August 23, 2015 9:48 PM CEST

• August 23, 2015 7:22 PM CEST

[blockquote]Peter Subert said:hello ,i have the same problem

Hi,

I have installed the latest app from appstore on my iPad2 (latest iOS), updated the application, but still having the following issue:

When I create a profile, I can not add an image: when I click on "Select Image", I get the prompt for "Camera" or "Photo Library", but then nothing happens.

Also, I can not see "Sbrick" on the list of my applications in the "Settings", so I can not change the privacy settings either (if that would be the reason).

Everything works beautifully otherwise and I experience no such behaviour on my iPhone 4S (same app, same iOS).

Please advise. 

Thanks a lot!

Peter

[/blockquote]

• August 11, 2015 12:31 AM CEST

• 143 posts
    August 10, 2015 11:47 AM CEST

[blockquote]Anthony Rossomano said:

I'm having a strange issue with a custom profile where the Close button is clearly visible but nothing happens when I click on it; I have to shut off power to the sBrick to be able to close the profile.  Everything else on the profile works fine (two sliders and a button).  Any ideas why this is happening? (this is on an iPhone 6 with latest iOS)

[/blockquote]

Hi Anthony,

Please post your profile's ID, and I take a look at it.

• August 7, 2015 1:50 AM CEST

I'm having a strange issue with a custom profile where the Close button is clearly visible but nothing happens when I click on it; I have to shut off power to the sBrick to be able to close the profile.  Everything else on the profile works fine (two sliders and a button).  Any ideas why this is happening? (this is on an iPhone 6 with latest iOS)

This post was edited by Anthony Rossomano at August 7, 2015 1:52 AM CEST
    • 2 posts
    June 22, 2015 2:16 PM CEST

Hello

Under the linked SBricks menu in the My creation settings. You can tap on the added SBrick. Then you going to be in SBrick channel settings. Here you can attach an option (like streaing, acceleration. etc.) to a channel. If you have any question write us!

Adam-SBrick Team

• June 20, 2015 5:29 AM CEST

So, using Android I was able to update the firmware on a brick successfully, then the program said the brick was not updated and froze up.

Then I went back to my iPad OS and my profile appeared, but when I tried to use it, all actions controlled all actions, like they were all on the same channel (steering, motors, all going forward and backward or side to side at same time.  How do I change the channel?

-Vince

• June 20, 2015 3:56 AM CEST

Hi, I have two sbricks and can not download my profiles to a iPhone 4s or iPad mini.  Yes, I've logged in and yes I've choosen the correct screen ratio for the devices.  Nothing appears on the screen for public or private profiles.  

'Profile' seems like a misleading description.  It's a control panel.

Why do you have to log in to use it?  Why can't there be some basic profiles available to try.  This is not "plug and play".  

It's a slick product, but the software is not working.  

• May 31, 2015 3:35 PM CEST
    IPad Air with 8.3 and latest brick app. No camera, no image from photos, and no "sbrick" login. I am able to login to a "sbrick" with safari app. I am able to recognize my "sbricks" but I can't download any profiles. So basically the brick is a block until iOS app is fixed.

I was able to get all functions to work on my android smart phone after some blue tooth off/on hacking, very frustrating.

Would be nice if more stable and profiles were in the program as default.
    This post was edited by Gary Van Heusden at May 31, 2015 3:39 PM CEST
    • 2 posts
    May 22, 2015 8:30 PM CEST
    I finally managed to update my sbrick using an Android smartphone to a friend of mine with ipad is impossible because I asked for help sbrickstaff but they solved the problem by saying that I'm something that I'm wrong now work even if some things do not go, then the sbrick with ios malfunction rather badly everything is not right because I also spent £ 95 = 135 € for two things that do not work, with that money I could buy 8 ir lego
    This post was edited by pepu pepu at May 23, 2015 11:03 AM CEST
    • 2 posts
    May 22, 2015 1:43 PM CEST
    hello I bought 2 sbricks but I can not use them I have a ipad3
    no firmware no joystick nothing......................????
    This post was edited by pepu pepu at May 22, 2015 1:45 PM CEST
    • 57 posts
    May 20, 2015 7:10 PM CEST

Sorry! I meant can't (did already update the original answer).

• 2 posts
    May 20, 2015 5:54 PM CEST

Problem here is that we still can share Profiles among users, i.e. make them public, and a Profile is a webservice so we can't download it as a file and send to someone else.

Can or cannot - share profiles..?

When I have a look to the Apple Appstore regarding the sbrick app, I can see in the screenshots a profile named "Joystick". The discription is: "Generic joystick controller with gyro sensors". But when I'm loged in with my 4S and go to market place, there is no joystick profile that gives me this function.

Ulrich

This post was edited by Ulrich Hils at May 20, 2015 7:33 PM CEST
    • 57 posts
    May 19, 2015 1:16 PM CEST

[blockquote]Ulrich Hils said:

Can somebody else upload a public profile, which will work with a iPhone 4S?

[/blockquote]

Problem here is that we still can't share Profiles among users, i.e. make them public, and a Profile is a webservice so we can't download it as a file and send to someone else.

This post was edited by Fernando Correia at May 20, 2015 7:08 PM CEST
    • 2 posts
    May 19, 2015 11:05 AM CEST

I really like controlling a MOC by using the joystick profile, where you can use the sensors of the phone. But I'm not able to find a public profile for my iPhone 4S, that will give me the opportunity to control my MOC this way. I tried to create it by myself...., but..., well... god gave me a brain but missed that part which is usually used to do programming stuff... :-)

Can somebody else upload a public profile, which will work with a iPhone 4S?

Thanks a lot!

• 1 posts
    May 17, 2015 9:09 AM CEST

Hi : 
    I can't login on my ios today . If any trouble on server today?

• 23 posts
    May 12, 2015 10:38 AM CEST

The profile won't connect to the Bricks anymore. Everytime I open the profile to controol my MOC, I onlt see 2 red-SBricks on the screen. In previous versions this worked.

And OTA doesn't seem to work. After I do the firmware update, it still says is has V0.0. After OTA of my android phone, it does say V4.2.

But even with frimware 4.2, the profile still won't connect to the SBricks.

Currently, the Android app works better than the iOS app. Now I CAN controll my 2-SBrick moc with my Sony phone, but NOT with my iPod (iOS 8.3).

The fact that working functions stop working regularly worries me.

• 36 posts
    May 1, 2015 2:52 PM CEST

Hi,

Please advise. 

Thanks a lot!

Peter

This post was edited by Peter Subert at May 1, 2015 2:53 PM CEST
    • 34 posts
    April 28, 2015 10:00 AM CEST

[blockquote]Stefan Heumann said:

Hello,

tried to start SBrick-App (v3.7.1, over TestFlight) on my iPhone4S (iOS 8.3) but now the App has expired. How do I renew the app, or do I now need to load the app from the Apple Store?

[/blockquote]

Hi!

You can download the latest SBrick iOS application (3.7.2) from the App Store.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/sbrick/id897834246

There are no beta preview build available at the moment.

• 34 posts
    April 28, 2015 9:58 AM CEST

[blockquote]F V said:

[blockquote]Zsolt Majoros said:

Hi!

After the iOS 8.3 update we noticed that the OTA in the SBrick application stopped to work.

We made some tests with earlier iOS versions, and it seems like a new iOS bug (probably because of the support of apple watch).

We'll continue searching a workaround for this problem, but it should be fixed by Apple.

[/blockquote]

OTA update didn't work before iOS8.3, so I guess the apple watch support doesn't really have anything to do with it.

Before it was the same thing, there is a 'loader' in screen, at the end of the loader the update is completed (that is what the screen says anyway), but nothing seems to have changed. So initially I thought maybe the update had worked, but it just didn't show the firmware version and such.

[/blockquote]

Which iOS and app version did you try with?

We tested with iOS 8.1 and iOS 8.3 on more devices with the same SBrick, and it works with 8.1, but doesn't work with 8.3, so something obviously changed in the OS.

• F V
    • 2 posts
    April 28, 2015 9:16 AM CEST

[blockquote]Zsolt Majoros said:

Hi!

After the iOS 8.3 update we noticed that the OTA in the SBrick application stopped to work.

We made some tests with earlier iOS versions, and it seems like a new iOS bug (probably because of the support of apple watch).

We'll continue searching a workaround for this problem, but it should be fixed by Apple.

[/blockquote]

OTA update didn't work before iOS8.3, so I guess the apple watch support doesn't really have anything to do with it.

Before it was the same thing, there is a 'loader' in screen, at the end of the loader the update is completed (that is what the screen says anyway), but nothing seems to have changed. So initially I thought maybe the update had worked, but it just didn't show the firmware version and such.

This post was edited by F V at April 28, 2015 9:17 AM CEST