Forums » Support

Back To Topics

SBrick iOS App

• 2 posts
    July 18, 2016 3:41 PM CEST
    [blockquote]Luis Flores said:
    I have a different problem besides the update erased all the configurations I have.
    My sbrick works as expected until I slide my finger to the top of the slider, in this position the motor stops. This happens with any control, any profile, any creation. This leaves the sbrick useless.
    I have an iPhone 6S with the last iOS update. [/blockquote]

I have the exact same problem after updating the iOS app. Motor stops when I move a slider to the very end of either direction.

I tried to update the firmware. The app shows that my Sbrick temperature is 0, voltage is 0, hardware version is 0 and firmware version is also 0. When I click the "update firmware" button, it says "This Sbrick has got the newest version of the firmware.".

I have tried this on iPhone 5s and iPad Air 2 and both have the same problem, even after rebooting the devices. Both devices are running iOS 9.3.2. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

This post was edited by Samuel Li at July 18, 2016 3:44 PM CEST
    • 17 posts
    July 18, 2016 3:33 PM CEST
    Morning
    Thanks to Ralph Tamis and others that provided assistance yesterday. Those problems are solved. Brian. I am having the same issue with my os on iPad app and found that once started the only way to clear the issue was to power off the iPad. It happens to me when moving from the market place public profiles to my private ones the display switches and shows 100 % and spins for ever. I also tried Safari to edit my profiles bit the values are still missing in the joystick.
    One last thing on my iPhone when seeking a private profile in the market place I can't scroll past the first four or five to the newest one.
    The rest looks and works very well these things will be fixed I am sure cheers Alex
    • 18 posts
    July 18, 2016 2:58 PM CEST

Tamas,

As things were, I couldn't close the app!!

I switched my phone off completely, left it a while, then re-booted it, and this time the 'scary circles' disappeared. I then went through the update routine to version 12, and everything worked properly, even my disabled truck. At long last (over 4 months!) I can now drive both my trucks properly. I had some lights set up for a sequence, but I think I'll just give that a miss for now.

The Sbricks with smartphone controllers do work well, but after my experience I think I'll just stick with Lego IR until the bricks are better established and error free. I would also prefer if there was a 1 or 2-channel brick available, rather than having to shell out another £53 when I only need one additional channel.

• 164 posts
    July 18, 2016 2:33 PM CEST

As we see in the logs you didn't restarted the app. Please close the app and start it again, then it will works. 
    We see what was the problem, it will be fixed in the next version vers soon.  

• 18 posts
    July 18, 2016 12:21 PM CEST

But that's precisely my problem. I can't go anywhere in my app. Its locked up! Even switching my phone off and restarting it and the app .... the circles are still there and nothing about the app works 

• 164 posts
    July 18, 2016 11:45 AM CEST

[blockquote]Brian Adams said:

I went to try yet another 'firmware update' on my iphone, but firstly I touched the 'circular arrow' symbol next to "Remote Control Profiles" jus to see what it was. BIG MISTAKE!

The screen dimmed and a symbol of three white rotating concentric arcs took over .... and my Sbrick app is stuck in it.

Anyone know a quick fix, before I delete the Sbrick app from my phone?

[/blockquote]

Dear Brian,

You just need to go to the "SBricks" menu in the app, then update your SBrick's firmware. Tha latest version the 12. With the latest firmware your SBrick will works without any problem. If the update doesn't work for first time please don't give up, just try it again. During the update please don't move your SBrick and your phone. 

• 18 posts
    July 18, 2016 10:58 AM CEST

I went to try yet another 'firmware update' on my iphone, but firstly I touched the 'circular arrow' symbol next to "Remote Control Profiles" jus to see what it was. BIG MISTAKE!

The screen dimmed and a symbol of three white rotating concentric arcs took over .... and my Sbrick app is stuck in it.

Anyone know a quick fix, before I delete the Sbrick app from my phone?

• 3 posts
    July 18, 2016 10:03 AM CEST

Click the left top. The triple lines logo.

And then, click the 'sbrick'. 

Then, choose one of your Sbrick. You should find temprature, voltage, version & fireware in this page.

If you see the temp & voltage show 0, that means, you need update your IOS to newest version.

And then, if you see the fireware do not show 12 (show you 2 or 3 or 4 or 8, or whatever but not 12). You need click the update fireware. 

I have some problems with the update both in this version APP and the last one. 

It show me 'success' as always, but the fireware still in 4. 

So, All I can do is click that stupid bottom again & again & again & again. (but some friends told me they just click once, and everything all OK, so I think that's my sbrick's problem)

And I clicked about 8 times, I found my fireware is 12. Then, everything ALLLLLL OK. I can open the app very fast, login well, control my sbrick. And everything works fine.

But, the slide bar still have some delay, it was a bit hard (or I should say sticky) to slide. Some control designs work good, but others are not. (it isn't the APP or fireware's porblem, I think.) 

• 17 posts
    July 17, 2016 3:54 PM CEST
    Ralph
    How did you do the firmware update?
    Thanks Alex
    • 3 posts
    July 17, 2016 2:30 PM CEST

OK, I just found the way to resolve the delay and APP cannot work problems.

1st, make sure the IOS is up-to-date.

2nd, update the sbrick's fireware. This is very important, because if still in 4 or 8, it doesn't work, or delay. MUST update to 12.

But the damn stupid problem is maybe someone same with me, cannot updated! I updated about 4 times, yesterday, but still in 4. And today I updated 3 times. And finally, I successed. Now it was working without any problems. 

• 2 posts
    July 16, 2016 9:39 PM CEST
    I have a different problem besides the update erased all the configurations I have.
    My sbrick works as expected until I slide my finger to the top of the slider, in this position the motor stops. This happens with any control, any profile, any creation. This leaves the sbrick useless.
    I have an iPhone 6S with the last iOS update.
    • 3 posts
    July 16, 2016 2:49 PM CEST

Why the new IOS APP have about 1 or 2 seconds delay? And Why I need reset all the settings?? When I test it, My car didn't work on my table at first. Then, I push again, it fall down from my table! That's not funny OK!? Please update again, and resolve the stupid problems. Now, all I need to do is change back to lego remote.

• July 15, 2016 9:02 AM CEST

My App on iPhone and iPad was updated automatically. Shit!!!

What´s that shit? I have to do all my creations again?

What as I didn´t note down the settings for my creations?

That can´t be true!!!

You could easyly give us all a hint to note down all settings.

I have 13 motors and about 16 sets of LEDs in my Panther Fire Truck which are all connected to five sBricks.

Now I have to set up all again? Wonderfull!!!!!!

• 18 posts
    July 14, 2016 10:06 PM CEST

Well, whoopie!! iOS sorted ... except it isn't!!!!!

I have two almost identical trucks, both with Sbricks. One worked fine (before the update), one didn't. After having reinstalled the app, my profiles and settings, I now have a minor on/off switch problem with the truck that previously worked, which is annoying enough, but the second truck is a TOTAL DISASTER!

Both the steering and acceleration continue active for two seconds after I take my finger off the slider, and it runs into things; it is completely undriveable. I had not intended to rebuild my truck quite this early in its life, but I am getting plenty of practice now. Oh, and guess what, the famous steering problem is still there .....

You know, I've had enough. I've sat with this truck that won't go for four months, waiting for a fix from Vengt. I've converted it to Lego IR control and that's the way its going to stay. Vengt will be getting their Sbrick back with a demand for FULL repayment

• 3 posts
    July 14, 2016 7:33 PM CEST
    [blockquote]Lénárd Pásztor said:

[blockquote]Scott Woolridge said: New version downloaded from App Store. Have to start again as no profiles carried across, but initial impressions are good. Interface is different to old, but well thought out. Sequences now work and seems nice and stable. [/blockquote]

Great news, thanks for the report!

Have you tried the clinometer too?

[/blockquote] Not yet, no profiles that use at minute.
    • 340 posts
    July 14, 2016 7:28 PM CEST

[blockquote]Scott Woolridge said: New version downloaded from App Store. Have to start again as no profiles carried across, but initial impressions are good. Interface is different to old, but well thought out. Sequences now work and seems nice and stable. [/blockquote]

Great news, thanks for the report!

Have you tried the clinometer too?

• 3 posts
    July 14, 2016 6:46 PM CEST
    New version downloaded from App Store. Have to start again as no profiles carried across, but initial impressions are good. Interface is different to old, but well thought out. Sequences now work and seems nice and stable.
  • July 13, 2016 4:20 PM CEST

Thanks for the answer...

I could read something about problems with the new version of the android-app. Should I be afraid because of the new version of the iOS-App?

• 164 posts
    July 11, 2016 5:26 PM CEST

Our developers finished the iOS app too! :)
    We have already sent to the Apple Store, so i will be available within 1-2 days. 

We will post here if the new iOS app will be availalbe in the App Store. 
    Thanks for your patience, and stay tuned! :) 

• July 11, 2016 4:56 PM CEST

The new Android-App is available now. What about the iOS-App?

• 310 posts
    June 30, 2016 5:18 PM CEST

Hello Guys! 

Sorry for the little silence from me these days. 

We still need a bit more time, we thoguht the developing are finished, but we also found some bugs that we must have to repair. 

We are working on make it available, but i also has to say, it takes us some more time. 

Sorry, and thank you for your patience, 

We are waiting for share it to you. :) 

Regards, 

Balint Mezei - SBrick Team 

• June 30, 2016 9:10 AM CEST

Hi Balint.

Are there problems with the new iOS-App?

• 3 posts
    June 29, 2016 10:16 PM CEST

When is new release, I can't see it yet in app store?

• 15 posts
    June 19, 2016 2:59 PM CEST

[blockquote]Balint Mezei said:

[blockquote]Lars Böhme said:

Dear Support Team,

I use the app on my Iphone 5 and it crashes when I want to start a profile. That started with an update of my private profile that contains a sequece. I did a firmware update and ensured the app is up to date as well.

Please help me to get my model working.

[/blockquote]

Hello Lars! 

The current IOS application doesen't support the clinometer and the sequence function yet. 

Early next week, we will relesase the new application, which solve this issue, and you won't get more crash. :)

I hope i could help to you. 

We ask for some patience, 

Regards, 

[/blockquote]

Hey Balint, thats great news, can't wait for it!

Thank you for the quick response during the weekend, nice service.

Best regards, Larsn

• 310 posts
    June 19, 2016 2:06 PM CEST

[blockquote]Lars Böhme said:

Dear Support Team,

I use the app on my Iphone 5 and it crashes when I want to start a profile. That started with an update of my private profile that contains a sequece. I did a firmware update and ensured the app is up to date as well.

Please help me to get my model working.

[/blockquote]

Hello Lars! 

The current IOS application doesen't support the clinometer and the sequence function yet. 

Early next week, we will relesase the new application, which solve this issue, and you won't get more crash. :)

I hope i could help to you. 

We ask for some patience, 

Regards,