Forums » Support

Back To Topics

SBrick iOS App

• 34 posts
    April 27, 2015 6:21 PM CEST

Hi!

After the iOS 8.3 update we noticed that the OTA in the SBrick application stopped to work.

We made some tests with earlier iOS versions, and it seems like a new iOS bug (probably because of the support of apple watch).

We'll continue searching a workaround for this problem, but it should be fixed by Apple.

• 1 posts
    April 24, 2015 10:12 PM CEST
    Hi, ich habe die SBRICK IOS 3.7.1 version und das Problem das die App beim öffnen von selbser wieder schliest! Auf iPad und iPhone. Also im moment nicht nutzbar. Wer kann mir Helfen
    • 9 posts
    April 22, 2015 11:15 AM CEST

I tried to update my SBrick today and had the same problem as Allan 

I tried with both an iPhone6 and an iPhone4S both with the latest version of iOS

Initially the firmware info fields are all blank.
    I do the upgrade, and it says is completed successfully.
    I restart the SBrick,  and Bluetooth on the phone
    I go back into the Brick info, and the firmware info fields are still blank.

• 13 posts
    April 14, 2015 11:02 AM CEST
    A few nights ago i have tried to update the 9 Sbricks that i own

I just bought an Ipad Mini today, and have installed the latest Sbrick IOS version 3.7.2 (build 313). so far so good. App works fine, my preliminary Ropa profile i have made myself works. 

I have then tried to update all the Sbricks i have, but i am a bit confused.

I have 2 Sbricks that i have FW updated a long time ago, and they both show all the infos about FW version, and device ID. The FW version is 4.2   The LED lights constantly, when powered as they should. no problems.

I then have 2 Sbricks where the LED lights constantly, but no info is shown in the Brick settings. When i attempt to update the FW, it says that i can update to 4.10. It starts updating, goes fairly fast, the LED blinks. It prompts that the udate was a success. If i then turn of the Bluetooth on the Ipad, and returns to the FW update, i then again get the red bar saying “UPDATE (4.10)”. So was the Sbrick then updated at all ???

Then i have 5  sbricks, which i have all tried to FW update, but none of the gets the LED to light constantly after the FW update, and after the same procedure as the 2 Sbricks above, I then again can update to 4.10 just after having just updated them.

So what is the current FW update 4.10 or 4.2?

And am i doing something wrong?

I am running iOS 8.2 updated just today.

This post was edited by Allan Clausen at April 14, 2015 11:02 AM CEST
  • F V
    • 2 posts
    April 8, 2015 2:12 PM CEST

[blockquote]Paul Nieuwkamp said:

- OTA firmware upgrade works. I think... I don't know which version is installed on the sbricks shipped to me from the kickstarter, but the one sbrick I updated and the two I didn't show identical results: 0%, Last connect: never, hardware version 0.0, firmware version 0.0, battery level 0.00 V, device ID (null). The app does recognize which sbrick I've attached, correctly distinguishing between Huey, Dewey and Louie (Tiki, Niki, Viki). So for me there is a lot more missing than just the version number in fw 4.1 :) Unless ofc. the sbricks I received months ago already had 4.1?

[/blockquote]

same here, upgrade runs, after updating it says 'update complete' , I turn bluetooth off, and then on, it sees the brick again, but still no version info.

Does this mean the update worked or not? the brick itself does works with the app version I've got installed (iPhone 6, app version 3.7.2 build 313)

This post was edited by F V at April 8, 2015 2:14 PM CEST
    • 1 posts
    April 7, 2015 5:24 AM CEST

Is there a complete and updated "how to use the app" document anywhere? Or even a video, though a document would be a thousand times better. I bought Sbricks on the Kickstarter, I have an iPad updated to 3.7.2 (build 313), and, obviously, I am signed up for an account. But I'm getting nowhere. Too much of this system seems to depend on the user tapping around the screen (for the iPad) or clicking around the screen (for this website) and hoping to get lucky. I have not been lucky. I have sooo many questions. Just a few to start:

- The only FAQ I can find is on the wiki and it has nothing on it but "lorem ipsum" text. Is there a real FAQ?

- How can I delete a creation? My app screen is full of broken experimental or accidental creations.

- A friend tells me that there is an Emerald Night profile, but I cannot find it. I see only five profiles on the "store." There are seven profiles to choose from with a new "creation."

Thank you.

• 340 posts
    March 26, 2015 5:15 PM CET

[blockquote]Paul Boratko said:

Cool, thanks...

The only Apple product that I own or have ever owned is this ipod touch and I only bought it to test the Sbrick back in August... And the only thing that I have ever used it for was the Sbrick..

[/blockquote]

I hope you found the "app store" application on the device. At the bottom of the screen you will find the "Search" menu. Then you can type "sbrick" to the search line then you can update/install the application. (You can select automatic updates at the iOS settings)

• 5 posts
    March 26, 2015 4:34 PM CET

Cool, thanks...

The only Apple product that I own or have ever owned is this ipod touch and I only bought it to test the Sbrick back in August... And the only thing that I have ever used it for was the Sbrick..

• 3 posts
    March 26, 2015 3:31 PM CET

Same place it is on all Apple mobile devices :P It's the white A (made of a pencil, a brush and a horizontal bar, possibly a ruler) in a white circle on a blue background :)

• 5 posts
    March 26, 2015 3:25 PM CET

I thought that I had recently received a link for the newest App, but apparently I did not... Where is this App store located..?

• 340 posts
    March 26, 2015 2:56 PM CET

Hmm.. I don't seem to have a "My Creations" I have "My MOC and My Set" on my App..  And when I go to the Market, it isn't asking for any login information, it just opens up and I can load various created profiles...

[/blockquote]

Please upgrade your app from the app store. The latest public version is 3.7.2

• 340 posts
    March 26, 2015 2:55 PM CET

How do I sign into my account here through the App on my ipod touch..? I am trying to download my created profile that I designed..

I don't see anywhere on the App to login at..???

[/blockquote]

You can login in the slide menu at the left.

• 5 posts
    March 26, 2015 2:38 PM CET

Hmm.. I don't seem to have a "My Creations" I have "My MOC and My Set" on my App..  And when I go to the Market, it isn't asking for any login information, it just opens up and I can load various created profiles...

• 3 posts
    March 26, 2015 1:05 PM CET

Hi,

I've got three sBricks, an iPhone 4S running 7.1.2 and the app from the app store half an hour ago (3.7.2 / 313).

My thoughts on the app so far:

- When logging in at the market-page the keyboard blocks the view to the username (75%) / password (completely) fields. Logging in from the homescreen the username is visible, but the password is still behind the keyboard

- There are zero profiles. No fancy joystick / gyro thingies, not even on the profile market.

- When closing the port tester (at least when assigning ports to functions in a profile) the ports don't reset. There is no 'dead zone' so without reset the motors keep whining unless you get to the exact middle of the slider.

- There's 16:9 mentioned everywhere but my profile created in the designer looks compressed. Zsolt is telling me 2 posts up it should be 3:4. If I look at the specs from Apple (https://www.apple.com/lae/iphone-4s/specs/) it should be 3:2?

- OTA firmware upgrade works. I think... I don't know which version is installed on the sbricks shipped to me from the kickstarter, but the one sbrick I updated and the two I didn't show identical results: 0%, Last connect: never, hardware version 0.0, firmware version 0.0, battery level 0.00 V, device ID (null). The app does recognize which sbrick I've attached, correctly distinguishing between Huey, Dewey and Louie (Tiki, Niki, Viki). So for me there is a lot more missing than just the version number in fw 4.1 :) Unless ofc. the sbricks I received months ago already had 4.1?

Other than that, it works great :) I had Designer Han's truck + lowloader driving through the living room in under 5 minutes (helped a lot by the fact this MOC already had an extension cord running to the location where the IR receiver was placed), including the time it took to unpack the sBrick and install the app :)

@Paul Boratko: If the app is the same as on iPhone, press 'back' until you get to 'My creations', then press the =, at the top of the screen you should be able to log in. Otherwise, at the 'add profile'-page, press Market (top right), that should ask you to log in as well.

This post was edited by Paul Nieuwkamp at March 26, 2015 1:36 PM CET
    • 5 posts
    March 26, 2015 12:44 AM CET

How do I sign into my account here through the App on my ipod touch..? I am trying to download my created profile that I designed..

I don't see anywhere on the App to login at..???

• 34 posts
    March 24, 2015 3:50 PM CET

1. You're using the correct aspect ratio? It's 16:9 for iPhone 5 & 6, and 4:3 for iPhone 4S and iPad.

2. As I mentioned before:

[blockquote]Zsolt Majoros said:

The version number is missing in the 4.1 fw version, it's a known bug, will be fixed in the v4.2 firmware.

[/blockquote]

• 8 posts
    March 23, 2015 8:33 PM CET

[blockquote]zver hz said: [blockquote]Zsolt Majoros said:

[blockquote]zver hz said: How can I update the app to version 3.7? There is no link in my testflight enviroment. I use 3.6.3 version now, when I try to look sbrick properties, I see just zeros.[/blockquote]

You got the invitation to your @mail.ru e-mail address:

[/blockquote] I follow the link in email, open TestFlight and see: "You aren't currently testing any apps. To accept an invitation you must tap the link in the invitation email." Could you please forward me the invitation one more time? May there is something wrong with the link. [/blockquote]

What email client are you using? There is an interesting bug with testflight, you can't open the invitation link in 3rd party apps, only in the official mail app on iphone/ipad.

I invited everybody from the beta tester signup form now.

[/blockquote]

Thanks for advise. I've opened the link from native ios mail app successfully. So my current configuration is: iOS 8.2 SBrick App version 3.7.1 (build 310).

1. I can use public profile to control my SBrick. But I still can't download my profile.

2. I've tried to update the SBrick firmware. The process has gone smooth. Then I've switched the SBrisk off and on. And I see no information about SBrick in the App: hardware and firmware version are 0.0, battery level is 0.00V... What is wrong?

This post was edited by zver hz at March 23, 2015 8:34 PM CET
    • 34 posts
    March 23, 2015 12:17 PM CET

The version number is missing in the 4.1 fw version, it's a known bug, will be fixed in the v4.2 firmware.

• 5 posts
    March 23, 2015 11:57 AM CET

Hi

I've 2 sbrick and an ios device. When i make the fw upgrade, it seems to work fine but i can't read a version number of fw after .. Is it normal ?

The 2 bricks works fine on my ultimate 42009 and i'm now happy :=).

• 34 posts
    March 23, 2015 9:37 AM CET

I can invite an e-mail address only once, the testflight says you have been already invited.

Interesting, maybe you could give me an other e-mail address.

By the way, there is the same version in the app store (3.7.2) at the moment.

• 28 posts
    March 21, 2015 11:51 PM CET

Have you re-sent any invitations?  I haven't received anything from you.

• 34 posts
    March 18, 2015 1:29 PM CET

[blockquote]william zhang said:

[blockquote]Tull Clancey said:

Could you please send/re-send my invitation?  I can't see that I've received one.

[/blockquote]

The invitation sent to your ...@thebottomofthesea.co.uk e-mail address, should I invite another one?

[/blockquote]

Yes, please send me the invitation email, tks

[/blockquote]

please give me your e-mail address, or sign up here: http://goo.gl/rjL7t2 

• 1 posts
    March 18, 2015 1:24 PM CET

Could you please send/re-send my invitation?  I can't see that I've received one.

[/blockquote]

The invitation sent to your ...@thebottomofthesea.co.uk e-mail address, should I invite another one?

[/blockquote]

Yes, please send me the invitation email, tks

• 34 posts
    March 18, 2015 12:30 PM CET

[/blockquote]

• 28 posts
    March 18, 2015 11:46 AM CET