Forums » Support

Back To Topics

SBrick Android App

• 143 posts
    July 6, 2015 10:00 AM CEST

[blockquote]Marc Jaouen said:

Important notice...

For those who, like me with a Galaxy Note tablet, experienced dismorphed controls (ugly oval joysticks, rectangle squares, etc...), it is caused by the 16:10 screen dimensions (1280 x 800 in my case). With my new phone that has a 1280 x 720 screen, circles are round, squares are squares and the controls appear right where I place them in the designer.

I will make a test with pictures that had colors rendering problems with my tablet and see if it works better on the phone.

Is the bug located in the app or in the profile designer ? I can't answer this point...

[/blockquote]

Hi Marc,

The dismorphed controls caused by because the 1280 x 720 resolution is not an 16:10 aspect ratio (1280 x 800 it is). I think, if the App let you download the 16:10 profile to a 16:9 capable device, thats another app problem.

• 99 posts
    July 5, 2015 4:58 PM CEST

[blockquote]Chiu Huang Kuo said:

the screen always show "sbrick reconnecting"  then disappear continuously. 

[/blockquote]

Same issue with both my Samsung Galaxy Note and my Sony Experia, with v1.6.1. Non critical, but really irritating ;)

Edit Sunday 05 July - 21:16 : no problem tonight, played with my last MOC on the terrace without any problem...

This post was edited by Marc Jaouen at July 5, 2015 9:17 PM CEST
    • 1 posts
    July 5, 2015 4:39 PM CEST

Hello:

When I use the app to control the 2 Sbricks at the same time, the screen always show "sbrick reconnecting"  then disappear continuously. 

the app ver. is 1.6.1,my phobe is Sony Z(C6602) android 5.0.2

How can I solve the problem?

Thanks,

Mr. Kuo

• 99 posts
    July 4, 2015 7:02 PM CEST

Important notice...

For those who, like me with a Galaxy Note tablet, experienced dismorphed controls (ugly oval joysticks, rectangle squares, etc...), it is caused by the 16:10 screen dimensions (1280 x 800 in my case). With my new phone that has a 1280 x 720 screen, circles are round, squares are squares and the controls appear right where I place them in the designer.

I will make a test with pictures that had colors rendering problems with my tablet and see if it works better on the phone.

Is the bug located in the app or in the profile designer ? I can't answer this point...

• 99 posts
    July 4, 2015 2:07 PM CEST

Hi guys,

I have the pleasure to announce that the Android App works fine on the new Sony Xperia M4 Aqua, Android Lollipop 5.0. Will update the wiki page accordingly.

Apart from this good point, I had a lot of weird "Sbrick Reconnecting" messages yesterday, playing outdoor with my Galaxy Note tablet (KitKat 4.4) : I know it was not disconnected, but the app thought so... I have already noticed that when the car's batteries are a bit low, the bluetooth has stability issues.

• 164 posts
    July 3, 2015 6:06 PM CEST

Hi Jayne,

You can download the application here: http://goo.gl/vzjY0I

The application works only with the android 4.3 or the latest versions only. 

• 99 posts
    July 3, 2015 3:08 PM CEST

The sliders bug in v1.6.0 has been corrected: v1.6.1 works fine :)

• 8 posts
    July 3, 2015 8:21 AM CEST

Good news!

I've installed SBrick app v.1.6.1 on my noname Android device (model QC706EU, Android 4.4.4, core 3.10.28, CPU Qualcomm MSM8916). And I've updated the SBrick firmware sucessfully. Now I can control my SBrick with any of my devices: the noname device mentioned above, Samsung Galaxy Tab Active, Apple iPad mini !!!

The information about SBrick is shown in the app: Hardware version 4.0, Firmware version 4.3, Battery level, Device ID.

Cool :)

This post was edited by zver hz at July 3, 2015 8:21 AM CEST
    • 4 posts
    July 2, 2015 10:01 PM CEST

[blockquote]Karl Fensterstock said:

[blockquote]Aaron Buss said:

[blockquote]Tamas Misik said:

Dear Aaron,
    What is the type of your android device?

[/blockquote]

4.4 jellybean

[/blockquote]

The Android Device not the Version !!!

[/blockquote]

samsung galaxy s avant

• July 2, 2015 9:50 PM CEST

[blockquote]Aaron Buss said:

Dear Aaron,

[/blockquote]

4.4 jellybean

[/blockquote]

The Android Device not the Version !!!

• 4 posts
    July 2, 2015 9:44 PM CEST

Dear Aaron,

[/blockquote]

4.4 jellybean

• July 2, 2015 1:40 PM CEST

My two Bricks also not working.
    Since it does not if man is repeatedly asked
    what Android device you have and what Android version.
    The best tip, erase everything and reinstall. For more is not enough apparently :-( :-( :-(

• 164 posts
    July 2, 2015 1:15 PM CEST

Dear Aaron,

• 4 posts
    July 2, 2015 12:43 AM CEST

i finally had to delete the program download a new one....now everything works except i cant get any joystick to work and i cant assign or go to calibration screen it just goes straight to the joysticks..........is there any customer service avaiolable....???? hellooooo???

• 4 posts
    July 2, 2015 12:13 AM CEST

my sbrick has only worked once...once since february...keeps saying update firmware...i do and then when im done updating firmware it says update firmware again...and then it crashes when i try and do anything else....what a piece of garbage does anyone know how i can get my money back so i can buy the thing better than s brick sariel reviews?

• 41 posts
    June 30, 2015 10:54 PM CEST

Tamás,

thanks!!!

What is new in the 1.6.1 version uploaded in that link?

in the google play is only the 1.6 version.

Edit: np.....1.6.1 version fix the one direction issue and seems more stable.

This post was edited by Denis H at July 1, 2015 3:03 PM CEST
    • 178 posts
    June 30, 2015 3:00 PM CEST

We've created a page for the previous Android application versions in the wiki:
    https://goo.gl/RrRkTd. The link can also be accessed in the announcement above, and from the wiki under "Support" -> "Previous Android Application Versions".

We're working on the issue with the current version.

Marc: thank you for the feedback!

Others: we're looking into the connection issue too.

• 8 posts
    June 29, 2015 10:10 PM CEST
    I've tried Samsung Galaxy Tab Active, android 4.4.4, sbrick app 1.6.1.
    App suggested to update the firmware. Then it tried to connect to SBrick. The message appeared: Could not connect to SBrick, it might have been powered down, or gotten out of range. And finaly the app crashed.
    • 10 posts
    June 28, 2015 11:24 PM CEST

As posted in another topic, for me the android app still has a serious bug that prevents it from connecting to the brick. Discovery works, so the Sbrick is all right. 

• 99 posts
    June 27, 2015 6:39 PM CEST

Hi guys,

I confirm the problem with sliders: they work in one direction only. Joysticks seem OK.

We need a v1.6.1 !

• 1 posts
    June 27, 2015 11:26 AM CEST

Finally, now profile works fine. I have been waiting for this a long time.

• June 27, 2015 8:59 AM CEST
    With 1.6 versin I have same problem as Denis H. Any slider or joystick works only in one direction. Also new version have bunch of freezes, disconnects and crashes. It's big regress after good 1.4 version. You screwed up again, after so many people waiting for usable product :(
    • 99 posts
    June 27, 2015 8:16 AM CEST
    • 41 posts
    June 27, 2015 12:24 AM CEST

Sbrick Team

whatever you've changed in the 1.6 version (released today), please go back.....you're going in the wrong direction. All my custom profiles (that works perfect before), now don't works properly. Max power can only be achieved in one direction, the other direction only produce the "mmmmmssss" sound of the engine without moving. Happens in all my profiles.

Tested in my Samsung Galaxy S3 (GT-I9300), android 4.3

Also can you upload the previous version of the apk here (attached file)... with the 1.6 version the sbrick is AGAIN useless!!

This post was edited by Denis H at June 27, 2015 12:24 AM CEST
    • 2 posts
    June 26, 2015 12:46 PM CEST

[blockquote]Imre Kiss said:

Try to delete the app and reinstall please!

[/blockquote]

Deleted and reinstall several times, but nothing changed.

This post was edited by Dmitriy Kal'ko at June 26, 2015 12:48 PM CEST