Forums » Support

Back To Topics

SBrick Android App

• 2 posts
    July 23, 2023 11:59 PM CEST

Hello to all: Problem solved!

The reason for my troubles might be still interesting: I developped my profiles for my former smartphone, a LG K10 with a screen aspect ratio of 16:9.

My new smartphone, a Fairfone3 has an aspect ratio of 18.5:9

The app is sensitive to the aspect ratio: Please switch the aspect ratio in the app to the matching ratio in the designer and your own designs become available - Problem solved.

A hint to the app developpers: Is it possible and not too much effort to make this automatic to avoid confusion of not so experienced users? It would be helpful ...

Btw.: I'm amazed by still using 7 years old designs from 2016 ... Really impressive!

Cheers, Georg

This post was edited by Georg Dittie at July 24, 2023 12:02 AM CEST
    • 2 posts
    July 23, 2023 10:33 PM CEST

My Android App does not recognize my own profile designs any more. Login into the app and into the profile designer works well, designing and editing existing designs works well. But none of my own (private) designs are visible in the app so I cant use it. It's frustrating.

I'm using a Fairphone3 with Android 11

Can anybody help?

• 10 posts
    August 29, 2022 4:08 PM CEST

Is there a current(8/29/2022) list of phones that can be used to control the sbrick, apparently my current phone is too "stupid" for your software updates. Therefore I'm unable to control anything until I purchase a smarter device. sad.png

• 1 posts
    August 22, 2022 2:29 PM CEST

Hello,

I just tried to install the Sbrick app on a smartphone. Installation is fine, but as I want to log in, it says there is no internet connection on the device. But there is internet connection, I tried it and I can search in the browser.

The phone in a Lenovo A606, Android 4.4.2

I tried to install older APK Sbrick app versions. It works with my other three older phones perfectly. Why now doens´t find the app the internet connection? Do you have any idea?

Thanks in advance!

• 10 posts
    August 13, 2022 2:12 PM CEST

I've used these devices(sbrick) for years, now after up dating my newest one I'm unable to control anything! I deleted the old programing(thinking this was the problem) and reinstalled the app. Now the app icon is Gray(?) on my phone, previously it was Red and the app worked fine. The last time I used this was early Oct. '21, since then there was the 'update' and I can't make a new control for my newest sbrick! I downloaded a public profile(which I thought had all programming/assigned to functions), but the profile will not allow me to assign channels for control. I can test the Hub and the LED is on, but nothing else........

I've done all suggestions given via Google forms and still nothing works, the display on the phone says to "complete/continue creation" and then the screen is blank, ie. no picture of profile or controls?

I'm using a Galaxy S6 (I know is old), but everything I controlled before worked great and was extremely happy how it worked for my 6 different creations, now all my sbricks are PAPER WEIGHTS !!!!

This post was edited by Stephen Wilson at August 13, 2022 3:02 PM CEST
    • 340 posts
    February 24, 2022 7:06 PM CET
    Anthony Pauls said:

I'm having trouble with one of my sbricks. Its probably 4 years old. It doesn't show up when I click on HUB in the app. I tried it on two devices. the light on the sbrick shows up and my other s brick works fine. Any thoughts?

For HW related porblems please open a ticket by writing to info@sbrick.com

• 1 posts
    December 29, 2021 7:45 AM CET

I'm having trouble with one of my sbricks. Its probably 4 years old. It doesn't show up when I click on HUB in the app. I tried it on two devices. the light on the sbrick shows up and my other s brick works fine. Any thoughts?

• 4 posts
    April 25, 2020 11:26 AM CEST

OK tried it all again this morning and it's working OK again. Really hard to get to grips with such an intermittent fault!

• 4 posts
    April 24, 2020 10:55 PM CEST

Yes I have restarted Tablet a couple of times with no improvement.

I'll look more into this tomorrow, as it involves installing that .apk.

So much time evaporates when these snags arise, it's soul destroying.

The robot my 6 y.o. son and I built and had fun with yesterday is non-functional today.

• 340 posts
    April 24, 2020 10:46 PM CEST
    Jim Lewis said:

Fire HD 8 Tablet, 8th Gen, running Fire OS 6.3.1.5

In the 'SBrick' search function, I can see and select the SBrick, but battery level reports variably (just tried fresh batteries with same results) 

Almost immediately after connecting the wireless icon next to the SBrick ID grays out, like it lost signal, then going to the test page it just cycles like it has dropped the connection.

Actually we not support Fire OS, but good to know that is running the SBrick app. It is strange that it worked yesterday and today not. 

Have you tried restart the tablet? You get the same result after clean start?

Here is the debug app, it works the same, but we see more logs about the problem:

https://a.dewsys.com/apps/com.vengit.sbrick.dev-4.6.3-233.apk

• 4 posts
    April 24, 2020 10:38 PM CEST

Fire HD 8 Tablet, 8th Gen, running Fire OS 6.3.1.5

In the 'SBrick' search function, I can see and select the SBrick, but battery level reports variably (just tried fresh batteries with same results) 

Almost immediately after connecting the wireless icon next to the SBrick ID grays out, like it lost signal, then going to the test page it just cycles like it has dropped the connection.

• 340 posts
    April 24, 2020 10:31 PM CEST
    Jim Lewis said:

I'm having repreated connection issues when trying to use my SBrick plus with my Amazon Fire tablet. Prevously (yesterday) this was working fine. Today it is a complte crap shot as to whether I can connect to it or not.

Also, on logging in, none of my creations are retained and I have to set them and th remote setup again.

It's very annoying.

Sorry for the inconvenience. What generation of amazon fire tablet? What is the android version?

The creations are not saved to the cloud yet, but saved locally. If you log in with the same user the creations must be visible. I can send you a debug release, then we can see some log what happens on your side.

• 4 posts
    April 24, 2020 10:17 PM CEST

I'm having repreated connection issues when trying to use my SBrick plus with my Amazon Fire tablet. Prevously (yesterday) this was working fine. Today it is a complte crap shot as to whether I can connect to it or not.

Also, on logging in, none of my creations are retained and I have to set them and th remote setup again.

It's very annoying.

• 340 posts
    April 24, 2020 10:14 PM CEST

Spammer blocked.

• 13 posts
    April 7, 2020 12:04 AM CEST

What phone model and Android version you're running? Did you activate location on your phone before searching for SBricks? Yes that's stupid, but Android requires location access to be able to search for Bluetooth (at least BT LE) devices.

• 1 posts
    April 6, 2020 5:51 PM CEST
    My sbrick does not connect with my smartphone and my sbrick-app. Could anyone help?
    • 7 posts
    April 5, 2020 9:39 AM CEST
    With the latest version 4.6.6, I can use it again with the Xbox One s controller.
    Thank you!
    • 7 posts
    March 3, 2020 12:40 PM CET
    I see it again the app.
    But yesterday, can't find in playstore...
    • 340 posts
    March 3, 2020 12:32 PM CET
    Sebastian Q said:
    Wheres the App? I cant find the App in the Playstore

Hi Sebastian,

I can see with iOS and android too.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.vengit.sbrick&hl=en

https://apps.apple.com/hu/app/sbrick/id897834246

• 2 posts
    March 2, 2020 6:14 PM CET

Yes this is right. 

Please but the APK files in the forum or send a Download link

• 7 posts
    March 2, 2020 5:40 PM CET
    +1
    I like sbrick, but the support is terrible... ????
    • 2 posts
    March 2, 2020 5:30 PM CET
    Wheres the App?

I cant find the App in the Playstore
    • 340 posts
    February 19, 2020 12:22 PM CET
    Hambone said:

Is it possible for the Sbrick Android App to send and receive commands with an ESP32 micro computer through it's bluetooth module?

If you can implement the SBrick protocol with the ESP32 I think yes.

• 15 posts
    February 19, 2020 8:10 AM CET

Is it possible for the Sbrick Android App to send and receive commands with an ESP32 micro computer through it's bluetooth module?

• 340 posts
    December 2, 2019 12:38 PM CET
    Donát Raáb said:
    Tamás Fábián said:

" This is a limitation of the Android OS and this is so to protect your privacy."

How the hell does turning on location services protectin my privacy? It is idiocracy to make phone/table lose battery faster, but I see no point how this protects my interest and why I can't run my trains without turning on GPS...

I totally agree with that. This is an android rule, so we can't bypass it.

We also check the screen freezing problem.