Back To Topics

SBrick Android App

• 32 posts
    November 14, 2015 9:04 AM CET

Any news?

• 5 posts
    November 9, 2015 10:34 PM CET

Hi Guys,

Thanks for all the input and updates. It all sounds fantastic and I can't wait to try the next app version. 

I also found the android app development roadmap, and understand that the joystick profile is on the "to-do" list which is great.

I too find it hard waiting, but I'd rather the developer's take their time to deliver a quality product than something that may have major bugs in it :)

Thanks,

Dan

• 32 posts
    November 9, 2015 9:04 PM CET

[blockquote]Tamas Misik said:

Hi Guys,

The new app worked quite well on some devices, but  on another devices (for example on LG g3 and Samsung galaxy tab) the app crashed sometimes. Today morning we tested a new version, and it seems our developers found what was the problem :) We will test a new version today afternoon or tomorrow. Hopefully it will works without problems on all devices. Thanks for your patience. 

[/blockquote]

Woohoo!yay!

• 164 posts
    November 9, 2015 11:39 AM CET

Hi Guys,

The new app worked quite well on some devices, but  on another devices (for example on LG g3 and Samsung galaxy tab) the app crashed sometimes. Today morning we tested a new version, and it seems our developers found what was the problem :) We will test a new version today afternoon or tomorrow. Hopefully it will works without problems on all devices. Thanks for your patience. 

• 32 posts
    November 8, 2015 6:17 PM CET

[blockquote]Marc Jaouen said:

[blockquote]Tamas Misik, three weeks ago, said:

Hi Guys,

Everything going well, but it seems need a few more days for our developers. They are working hard, so hopefully we can start the public test and you'll see the totally new application soon :) Thanks for the patience.

[/blockquote]

Tamas, any progress ?

Marc

[/blockquote]

Its been more than a week :/

• 99 posts
    November 8, 2015 9:12 AM CET

[blockquote]Tamas Misik, three weeks ago, said:

Hi Guys,

Everything going well, but it seems need a few more days for our developers. They are working hard, so hopefully we can start the public test and you'll see the totally new application soon :) Thanks for the patience.

[/blockquote]

Tamas, any progress ?

Marc

• 99 posts
    November 7, 2015 1:01 AM CET

Hi Dan,

The Sbrick team will certainly confirm that, but I don't the joystick profile is available in the Android App.

Maybe in this v2.0 that we are all looking forward to get ;)

Marc

• 5 posts
    November 6, 2015 6:43 PM CET
    Hi,

I was just wondering if anyone could help me. I have installed the android app (v1.7) onto my samsung galaxy S4 mini (OS V4.4.2) and can't seem to find the "joystick" profile that is featured on your "8070 super car" promotional video. I have looked in the "Market" >> "All Profiles" space but it doesn't seem to be any of the ten profiles to choose from.

Any help ion how to find and use the "joystick" profile on the android app would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Dan
    • 178 posts
    November 6, 2015 3:55 PM CET

You're welcome! :)

• 28 posts
    November 3, 2015 4:47 PM CET

Tamás: Thank you for the detailed info!

• 178 posts
    November 3, 2015 12:18 PM CET

Hello Anthony,

it wasn't a requirement on older Android versions. Since we explicitly support version 5.0 and 5.1 (API level 21 and 22), we need this permission.

It is documented here: https://developer.android.com/reference/android/bluetooth/le/BluetoothLeScanner.html#startScan%28java.util.List%3Candroid.bluetooth.le.ScanFilter%3E,%20android.bluetooth.le.ScanSettings,%20android.bluetooth.le.ScanCallback%29

[blockquote]Anthony of Minas said:

Dear Tamas,

Thank you for the .apk. I've installed it and have finaly managed to update the firmware from 4.2 to 4.4! :) 

Thank you also for the info on the Location permission. I guess my real question was why this permission was introduced now and was not there before this latest ver of the app.

[/blockquote]

• 17 posts
    November 3, 2015 8:38 AM CET
    Ratio 16:9 for the galaxy a5. Its the same likes me and its works well
    • 32 posts
    November 3, 2015 8:07 AM CET

[blockquote]Frederic Ayrault said:

[blockquote]Makar V said:

I made a simple profile in the profile designer.

Then I went to the market and my profiles but it wasnt there.

Please fix this!

Thanks for your attention,

Makar

[/blockquote]

Are you using the good ratio?

[/blockquote]

i used the 2:3 ratio

[/blockquote]

Which mobile do you have?

[/blockquote]

I have a Samsung Galaxy A5 on 5.0.2 lollipop

• 28 posts
    November 2, 2015 4:16 PM CET

Dear Tamas,

Thank you for the .apk. I've installed it and have finaly managed to update the firmware from 4.2 to 4.4! :) 

Thank you also for the info on the Location permission. I guess my real question was why this permission was introduced now and was not there before this latest ver of the app.

• 164 posts
    November 2, 2015 3:55 PM CET

The location permission is required for any Android app that performs BLE scanning.
    BLE devices - such as SBrick - may choose to transmit advertisement data packets with their unique MAC address.
    This could be used to guess the location of the device receiving such data packets.
    The SBrick app MUST scan for Sbricks to be able to show a list of them, it is necessary for it to function, therefore it needs this permission.

• 164 posts
    November 2, 2015 3:52 PM CET

[blockquote]Anthony of Minas said:

Hello, I have downloaded the new Simple Control but the app crashes when I try to do the OTA or control the SBrick. I get the "Unfortunately, SBrick Simple Control has stopped" dialog. Please advice. Nexus 4, Android 5.1.1, CM 12.1

Also, why did you add the Location permission?

[/blockquote]

Please delete the Simple Control app from your phone, then download this version:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/crziibp5nyzsgag/simplecontrol-201510021700.apk?dl=0

• 28 posts
    November 2, 2015 3:49 PM CET

Hello, I have downloaded the new Simple Control but the app crashes when I try to do the OTA or control the SBrick. I get the "Unfortunately, SBrick Simple Control has stopped" dialog. Please advice. Nexus 4, Android 5.1.1, CM 12.1

Also, why did you add the Location permission?

• 2 posts
    November 2, 2015 3:40 PM CET

[blockquote]Rachel Wan said:

anyone here encounter this problem on andriod device? i did update countless time but still popup this window...appreciate if any suggestion giving...

[/blockquote]

Hi Rachel,

Please download the Simple Control app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.vengit.blecontrol&hl=en

You
    will able to update your SBrick's firmware with this appliaction.

If you need any help, just let me know.

[/blockquote]

thanks the info, will try it :P

• 164 posts
    November 2, 2015 3:24 PM CET

[blockquote]Rachel Wan said:

anyone here encounter this problem on andriod device? i did update countless time but still popup this window...appreciate if any suggestion giving...

[/blockquote]

Hi Rachel,

Please download the Simple Control app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.vengit.blecontrol&hl=en

You
    will able to update your SBrick's firmware with this appliaction.

If you need any help, just let me know.

• 95 posts
    November 2, 2015 3:10 PM CET

any news?

I cant wait till there is news

[/blockquote]

We have checked the application yesterday and it is promising, but the developers are still working on the OTA and a few minor things.

[/blockquote]

any update?

• 95 posts
    November 2, 2015 3:09 PM CET

Please fix this!

Makar

[/blockquote]

[/blockquote]

[/blockquote]

Which mobile do you have?

• 2 posts
    November 2, 2015 3:06 PM CET

This post was edited by Rachel Wan at November 2, 2015 3:11 PM CET
    • 32 posts
    November 1, 2015 8:11 PM CET

Please fix this!

Makar

[/blockquote]

[/blockquote]

• 95 posts
    October 31, 2015 10:04 PM CET

Please fix this!

Makar

[/blockquote]

• 32 posts
    October 31, 2015 2:00 PM CET

Please fix this!

Makar