Forums » Support

Back To Topics

SBrick Android App

• 17 posts
    January 19, 2016 10:36 PM CET
    On the wiki page I have see That sbricks worked well with the Sony xperia aqua m4. Is there any one That can say it is really true.

I go to buy a New phone and its important for me That I can use it with the sbricks
    • 17 posts
    January 18, 2016 10:25 PM CET
    A few days...... a few weeks. .....A few months. .....

I can't believe my self That I believe it
    • 32 posts
    January 14, 2016 8:11 AM CET

[blockquote]Tamas Misik said:

Thanks Peer for the update :)

If everything goes well then the new Android application will be available within a few days. It will uses the same code like the "Simple Control"

More details soon.

[/blockquote]

if it doesnt work i want a refund.

• 12 posts
    January 11, 2016 12:12 PM CET

I hope that we see a new beta version of app very soon, at least, ex. "sbrick_beta2.apk"

Sbrick_beta.apk is working, but very unstable, connection is lose very often...

This post was edited by Viktor Onishchuk at January 11, 2016 12:13 PM CET
  • January 11, 2016 2:25 AM CET

If everything goes well then the new Android application will be available within a few days. It will uses the same code like the "Simple Control"

More details soon.

[/blockquote]

Very interesting!

Didn't you tell us something similar on "November 20, 2015 4:33 PM CET"?

• January 10, 2016 9:54 PM CET

Since days I try to perform a firmware update with "Simple control" to firmware version 4.8. the connection allways crashes about 6400 bytes. I have tryed it a hundret times.
    I have the latest version app. sbrick run with firmware 4.3. Have a Sony Z1 Compact. Android version 5.1.1. Hy guys, what's the problem?

Christoph

• 17 posts
    January 10, 2016 8:35 PM CET

More details soon.

[/blockquote] Hay Tamas, I hope for you, me and the other yousers That this update works well. The simple control app does'nt works on my galaxy a5. Succes and don't make us cry
    • 164 posts
    January 10, 2016 8:06 PM CET

More details soon.

• 3 posts
    January 10, 2016 8:42 AM CET

Mornin'.

I noticed you folks updated the "Sbrick Simple" app. Whatever you did must've been an improvement, because I can use it now to control the Sbrick. It still won't update the firmware, though. And the regular Sbrick app hasn't improved yet, either. But hey, baby steps.

This post was edited by Peer Kreuger at January 10, 2016 8:42 AM CET
    • 32 posts
    January 8, 2016 8:40 PM CET

[blockquote]Szymon Z said:

I need to buy BLE phone because I don't have one. Is there any list of phones which are working always correctly with sbrick android app? Also list with phones which I should not buy because app is very unstable on it?

[/blockquote]

Dont buy the Galaxy A5

• 99 posts
    January 7, 2016 12:50 PM CET

[blockquote]Szymon Z said:

I need to buy BLE phone because I don't have one. Is there any list of phones which are working always correctly with sbrick android app? Also list with phones which I should not buy because app is very unstable on it?

[/blockquote]

I don't think you'll find an Android Phone that garantees 100% correct operations with the SBrick: that's all the trouble we have.

I have a Sony Xperia Aqua M4, and it works very correctly with app v1.6.1. It's an affordable phone, so it's a choice to be considered.

For a complete overview, there's a table on the SBrick's wiki that lists the compatible devices : I can't retrieve the link right now, but you will sure find it in somewhere in this thread.

Marc

• 5 posts
    January 7, 2016 12:18 PM CET

• 12 posts
    January 3, 2016 8:12 PM CET

I suppose that application lose control with bluetooth module and cannot return back this control again.

Application must checking periodically a wireless connection and automatically re-initialize a bluetooth module when connection is lose.

Maybe in first time - add a button to menu, for example, "reset bluetooth"?

• January 3, 2016 6:50 PM CET

2 pieces on Kickstarter bought two years ago ...
    Not function properly until today ...
    I want my money back :-(

• 12 posts
    January 3, 2016 6:35 PM CET

I want that Sbrick is working properly. Why I bought it? To send back to seller? No, sure.

What can I do? To testing a some other beta-version of app? I don't mind (sorry for bad english)

This post was edited by Viktor Onishchuk at January 3, 2016 6:39 PM CET
    • 17 posts
    January 3, 2016 6:19 PM CET
    Come on sbrick team. Its time to fix all the problems or give your buyers the money back
    • 12 posts
    January 3, 2016 12:59 PM CET

Hi all! A recently times ago I bought a Sbrick controller (to Christmas, a week before).

I have a chinese minipad Tesla Gravity 7.0 OCTA (Chuwi VX3)

Technical specifications of device:

- screen size: 7", 1920x1200

- processor: MTK6592, 1664 Mhz, 8 cores

- graphics: Mali-450

- memory: 16GB flash, 2GB ram

- peripherals: all needed to modern pads (BT 4.0, WiFi, 2cams etc)

- installed OS: Android 4.4.2 KitKat

I hope that's all needed information about my pad. These pad is meet all requirements.

I have install a Sbrick application from Android Play Market. BUT! Application does not work properly - where attempts to connect with SBrick. There is a sequence of my steps. Before these steps I've switch off an SBrick receiver and reboot a pad.

1. I switch on an SBrick device. LED is light on.

2. I run an Sbrick via red icon "S". SBrick application is rinning.

3. Main menu appears (LOGIN, Home, My Creations, Market, Manage Bricks)

4. I choose a "Manage Bricks". Via some seconds my device appears to string later, I see an address of device (00:07:80:2E:3F:A4)

5. I Click to this string...   That's ALL! SBrick application aborted with error message "An error encountered in SBrick application".

And no more... I contact with seller, he is recommended to read this forum. I read this forum and find a new version of SBrick application, see few post before, "sbrick_beta.apk". I've download this app and install to my pad. This application appears more stable behaviour.

Step 4. I choose a "SBricks" in main menu. My SBrick appears in list.

5. I choose my SBrick. A new window open, where I can to variate all ports, swith LED. All works. BUT! That's ALL! No more does not works. After close this window, or where I choose any creation - SBrick does not work. Ever if I go to "Sbrick" again, I can't force Sbrick ever to blink their LED. SBrick does not answer.

After this instance I have not control with SBrick anymore. BUT. If I reboot a pad, then I can to run a "sbrick_beta" application and go to testing SBrick as described before on 5 step. Only ONE time after rebooting. Do you have to control a Sbrick one more time - you need to reboot a pad. Very idiotical rule.

I suppose that application loses control with a bluetooth module. After this application does not reconnect, does not reinitialize a wireless module. Application remains in pad's memory - until pad is rebooted. I hope that I give a some direction to find a bug.

Application is a very, very unstable, unfinished and buggy. When we see a NEW version of application?

SBrick is an useless can without appropriate application!

This post was edited by Viktor Onishchuk at January 3, 2016 6:41 PM CET
    • 95 posts
    December 31, 2015 9:38 AM CET

When are we going to get news about the android app like a roadmap?

This post was edited by Frederic Ayrault at December 31, 2015 9:38 AM CET
    • 32 posts
    December 22, 2015 8:07 PM CET

cant get it to work on the galaxy a5 :( 

• 17 posts
    December 17, 2015 1:09 PM CET
    When can we use the sbrick were we buy it for???
    • 16 posts
    December 15, 2015 4:13 PM CET

Hi Ronald,

SBrick uses Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE), that is supported only on Android since version 4.3. (See http://developer.android.com/guide/topics/connectivity/bluetooth-le.html). So I'm afraid you'll have to get another device if you phone can't get updated to 4.3 or better :(

• 340 posts
    December 15, 2015 4:10 PM CET

[blockquote]Ronald Vallenduuk said:

Hi guys,

I ordered my Sbrick on black Friday and I'm trying to get started now. My phone is HTC that's on Android 4.1.2 and is refusing to install system updates to get it to 4.3 or 4.4. Does that mean I'm buggered until I fix or replace my phone or is there a version that works on Android 4.1?

By the way, nice to see some familiar faces here (hi Philo, Mahjqa ;- )

[/blockquote]

Hi!

Now we are fixing the issues that reported here. Good news is that the new release will work with 4.3. Of ocurse you also need an android device that supports Bluetoot 4.0 Smart by the hardware.

We can't support earlier versions because the support for Bluetooth 4.0 introduced in Android 4.3.

• December 15, 2015 3:56 PM CET

Hi guys,

I ordered my Sbrick on black Friday and I'm trying to get started now. My phone is HTC that's on Android 4.1.2 and is refusing to install system updates to get it to 4.3 or 4.4. Does that mean I'm buggered until I fix or replace my phone or is there a version that works on Android 4.1?

By the way, nice to see some familiar faces here (hi Philo, Mahjqa ;- )

• 7 posts
    December 12, 2015 7:56 PM CET

I test the new version. It works very bad. Almost never works. I have only two (!) times was able to run through his work Sbrick. In other cases, I simply can not choose my Sbrick in "SBrick" item in menu. I can not even understand how it 2 times I was able to run, i can not repeat it. Firmvare SBrick - 4.4, but from SBrick Simple Control everything works correctly. (Smartphone - Explay Vega, Android - 4.4.2)

• 99 posts
    December 12, 2015 5:05 PM CET
    The most annoying is that if it works fine on some devices and does not on others, debugging will be tricky. We know that the way the manufacturer implements Android follows loose rules, but we are here in an extreme case.
    With my Xperia, v1.9 stops the BLE connection, and v1.6.1 cannot reconnect!
    I must then clear all the SBrick apps data, relaunch v1.6, and redo the whole setup !!!!