Forums » Support

Back To Topics

SBrick Android App

• 95 posts
    February 13, 2016 9:57 AM CET

What about the original application?

When are we going to have a new version?

What is the roadmap?

• 164 posts
    February 11, 2016 11:28 AM CET

One of our fans made the SbrickController app. You can find his topic here: https://social.sbrick.com/forums/topic/151/a-physical-remote-control

• 28 posts
    February 11, 2016 8:44 AM CET

This makes me so happy. Thank you for the find Karl!

• 41 posts
    February 11, 2016 1:58 AM CET

I test the SbrickController with my Moga Pro controller and actually works!

You can download an alpha version from eurobrick: http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=120823

The only bad thing is that disconnect-connect very often....so make impossible to play.

Also i can't assign 2 slots of the sbrick (for example C and D) to the same button or trigger.

I will look very close to this app....really GREAT!!!

Thanks Karl for posting that link....nice find!

This post was edited by Denis H at February 11, 2016 1:59 AM CET
  • February 10, 2016 11:08 PM CET

A new, better way ?

SBrickController

• 5 posts
    February 9, 2016 12:00 PM CET

[blockquote]Daniel De Renzy said:

Within V2.0 of the Android App I have found that acceleration works fine when I move the joystick to the 12 o'clock & 6 o'clock positions, and the steering fully engages when I move the joystick to the 3 o'clock & 9 o'clock positions. Now, however, I find that I am no longer able to accelerate at full speed and turn hard left/ right simultaneously by moving the joystick to the 1 - 2 o'clock, 3 - 4 o'clock, 7 - 8 o'clock, or 10 - 11 o'clock positions. Instead I find one or both of the functions cuts out depending on the joystick position

[/blockquote]

same issue here - samsung s4 mini, sb 4.8, app 2.0.1

• 32 posts
    February 7, 2016 10:14 AM CET

[blockquote]Makar V said:

[blockquote]Eduard Surovin said:

Today I found out that 2 sequences mapped to same channel with Repeat set to On "fight" each other. I set first sequence to repeatedly set servo to 0, and second to set same servo to 1. when I activated both, servo was repeatedly driven from 0 to 1 in jitter pattern, not reaching either. Can't say if it is a bug or a feature, because I can see why it is logical thing to happen.

Also, if Sequence->Transition time is over before value is reached, and Repeat is Off, value stops "in the middle". E.g. I set servo to 1 with button and Transition it to -1 over 0.5 seconds, with no repeat to force complete transition. Servo stops around half-way to the -1. I expected it to be forcibly set to -1 if timer is out.

[/blockquote]they should get the basics right first,before adding fancy features

[/blockquote]

like sequences

• 32 posts
    February 3, 2016 9:59 PM CET

[blockquote]Eduard Surovin said:

Today I found out that 2 sequences mapped to same channel with Repeat set to On "fight" each other. I set first sequence to repeatedly set servo to 0, and second to set same servo to 1. when I activated both, servo was repeatedly driven from 0 to 1 in jitter pattern, not reaching either. Can't say if it is a bug or a feature, because I can see why it is logical thing to happen.

Also, if Sequence->Transition time is over before value is reached, and Repeat is Off, value stops "in the middle". E.g. I set servo to 1 with button and Transition it to -1 over 0.5 seconds, with no repeat to force complete transition. Servo stops around half-way to the -1. I expected it to be forcibly set to -1 if timer is out.

[/blockquote]they should get the basics right first,before adding fancy features

• 16 posts
    February 3, 2016 7:48 PM CET

• February 2, 2016 6:57 AM CET

Hi Tamas

Modellnummer is D5503, Android OS 5.1.1, Build-Nummer 14.6.A.1.236, Kernel-Version 3.4.0.... 19. Nov. 2015

Thanks Christoph

• 6 posts
    February 1, 2016 4:48 PM CET

Hi,

My phone is Sony Z1 (Android 5.1.1) but not Sony Z1 compaq.

• 12 posts
    February 1, 2016 4:47 PM CET

[blockquote]Tamas Misik said:

Viktor, thanks for the info. 
    What happen if you don't pair your phone with the SBrick? It should works perfectly without pairing. 

[/blockquote]

Without pairing - all dialogues open immediately, momentarily, but does not work anyone. I found this behaviour slightly strange. It's seems that application to do something but does not do it.

If I perform pairing, then there's a slight delay (~ 1sec) in opening control dialogues, where SBrick stay disconnected, after this "disconnected" message is disappears, and I can work with SBrick properly. This 1-second "gap" before all control dialogues indicate that's all right. No slight delay - no control, slight delay exists - control work properly.

This post was edited by Viktor Onishchuk at February 1, 2016 5:02 PM CET
    • 164 posts
    February 1, 2016 4:31 PM CET

[blockquote]Christoph Pfenninger said:

[blockquote]Marc Jaouen said:

I this state I can't use my sbricks anymore

[/blockquote]

That's the situation I was in with the previous 1.9. Here's how I got everything back:

- Clear your phone from everything related to the SBrick: apps, data, cache, etc...

- Stop the app called "Bluetooth sharing" or whatever it is called, clear the related data too

- Stop/Restart the Bluetooth on the phone. You can look if it detects the Sbrick: if the Sbrick is visible, you should be able to pair it as any other Bluetooth device.

- Reinstall the old v1.6.1 and re-configure the SBrick as before.

I'm lucky, cause v2.0 works fine for me, but there are still devices that do not accept it...

[/blockquote]

Hi Marc. I have conficured it like you did. But no way.
    I think the problem beginns with the bluetooth connection. I'm not able to pair the sbrick. It always appears the message "The connection has been disconnectet by sbrick". But i can see my sbricks in the app.

@sbrick Team: could it be a hardware Problem or a parameter within my phone?

[/blockquote]

I have began to debug my problems with the firmware update with the app "nRF Master Control Panel". But until now, I had no success.

I get the Error 22 (0x16) GATT CONN TERMINATE LOCAL HOST
    or
    Error 8 (0x8) GATT CONN TIMEOUT

@SBRICK: any idees whar is goning on?

[/blockquote]

Christoph: What OS version do you use?
    I have just tested with a Z1 compaq (Android 4.4.4.) and everything worked perfectly.
    So please let us know more details about your OS version 

• 164 posts
    February 1, 2016 4:26 PM CET

Viktor, thanks for the info. 
    What happen if you don't pair your phone with the SBrick? It should works perfectly without pairing. 

Anyway, new test devices just arrived :)
    Samsung Note 3 and Sony Z1 compaq

• 12 posts
    February 1, 2016 3:58 PM CET

[blockquote]Tamas Misik said:

Viktor, what kind of device do you use?

[/blockquote]

Here is it:

http://specsen.com/tablet-pc-tesla/tesla-gravity-7-0-octa/

Tech specs on the link. If you needed more info, ask me.

• 164 posts
    February 1, 2016 2:22 PM CET

Viktor, what kind of device do you use?

• 12 posts
    February 1, 2016 2:14 PM CET

It's very needed to add a some bluetooth autoreconnect function. Sbrick have lost connection very often. After this, it's needed to close app (thanks to "exit"), then open "Settings", go to "bluetooth", then switch off a bluetooth, then switch on, after this click to SBrick to bluetooth pairing, then close settings, then run SBrick application, then go to dialogues and pray than there's no more gaps - ELSE these operations needed to perform again.

• 164 posts
    February 1, 2016 1:41 PM CET

@Christoph:

It seems a specific problem which occurs on only Sony Z1 phones.  We already ordered a brand new Z1 phone. Our developers will test and debug the problem with it. You don't need worry, it will fixed soon. 

@Vlad:
    Thanks for the report. We will look after what can be the problem. 

• 7 posts
    January 31, 2016 7:13 PM CET

Hi,

I have two sbricks. In new version (full and Simple) correctly working only one of sbrick. I update firmvare (both sbricks) to 4.8 - update completed is correct.
    But i can not using my both sbricks at the same time.
    Example: in Simple Controll when i selected both my Sbricks, on screen: two group sliders, but first group have green header with Version of firmavre (v4.8) - and it's sbrick working correct. Second group sliders have header without Version of Firmvare (v---) - and it's sbrick not working.
    If I connect one by one, they both work. But together (simultaneously) can not work.

Thanks for new version. But But please fix it.

Android - 4.4.2
    device - Vega Explay

• January 31, 2016 4:52 PM CET

[blockquote]Marc Jaouen said:

I this state I can't use my sbricks anymore

[/blockquote]

That's the situation I was in with the previous 1.9. Here's how I got everything back:

- Clear your phone from everything related to the SBrick: apps, data, cache, etc...

- Stop the app called "Bluetooth sharing" or whatever it is called, clear the related data too

- Stop/Restart the Bluetooth on the phone. You can look if it detects the Sbrick: if the Sbrick is visible, you should be able to pair it as any other Bluetooth device.

- Reinstall the old v1.6.1 and re-configure the SBrick as before.

I'm lucky, cause v2.0 works fine for me, but there are still devices that do not accept it...

[/blockquote]

Hi Marc. I have conficured it like you did. But no way.
    I think the problem beginns with the bluetooth connection. I'm not able to pair the sbrick. It always appears the message "The connection has been disconnectet by sbrick". But i can see my sbricks in the app.

@sbrick Team: could it be a hardware Problem or a parameter within my phone?

[/blockquote]

I have began to debug my problems with the firmware update with the app "nRF Master Control Panel". But until now, I had no success.

I get the Error 22 (0x16) GATT CONN TERMINATE LOCAL HOST
    or
    Error 8 (0x8) GATT CONN TIMEOUT

@SBRICK: any idees whar is goning on?

• 1 posts
    January 31, 2016 3:37 PM CET

LG G4, Android 6.0

SBrick Simple Control is able to control the SBrick and update it.

SBrick App cannot detect the SBrick. Never.

Cannot pair the SBrick in Phone Setting.

After checking various forums, SBrick App can now connect and control with the assistance of another App 'nRF Master Control Panel' SOMETIMES and it disconnects easily.

Your Android App, over 40 MB file size, is crap.

This post was edited by Ben Tse at January 31, 2016 3:43 PM CET
    • 95 posts
    January 31, 2016 9:58 AM CET

[blockquote]Denis H said:

@Sbrick-Team: the minimum you can do is send a sbrick for FREE to the active people in the forum who as tested the APP for more than a YEAR!!! i have to admit, I never thought that my patience was so generous.

THanks!!!!

[/blockquote]

or some Plastic Enclosure in different colors...

X

• 32 posts
    January 31, 2016 8:29 AM CET

[blockquote]Denis H said:

Just tested the new update....and now i don't have that big lag/delay using my profile with sliders. Great!!!!  I played about 30 minutes with my Buggy and controls feels nice now.

Also i don't have the issues when i update my profiles from the PD (the forever loading icon in the app).

**Edit: Nop....i speak to soon.....the forever loading icon in the app when you want to update your profile or add a new one still happens. Clear the data and enter again in the app fix it, but you have to star from zero.

Now you can tell this is a "real" APP!!! 

@Sbrick-Team: the minimum you can do is send a sbrick for FREE to the active people in the forum who as tested the APP for more than a YEAR!!! i have to admit, I never thought that my patience was so generous.

THanks!!!!

[/blockquote]

same

• 41 posts
    January 30, 2016 5:32 PM CET

Just tested the new update....and now i don't have that big lag/delay using my profile with sliders. Great!!!!  I played about 30 minutes with my Buggy and controls feels nice now.

Also i don't have the issues when i update my profiles from the PD (the forever loading icon in the app).

**Edit: Nop....i speak to soon.....the forever loading icon in the app when you want to update your profile or add a new one still happens. Clear the data and enter again in the app fix it, but you have to star from zero.

Now you can tell this is a "real" APP!!! 

THanks!!!!

This post was edited by Denis H at January 30, 2016 6:49 PM CET
    • 95 posts
    January 29, 2016 11:30 AM CET

I hope the auto reset and output value for buttons will work soon