Forums » Support

Back To Topics

SBrick Android App

• 340 posts
    May 11, 2015 4:34 PM CEST

Guys, if anybody has problems with the android app please edit the wiki here: https://social.sbrick.com/wiki/view/pageId/12/slug/application-device-compatibility

It is a really hard way to get all android devices to work with SBrick. It seems the BLE stack on android very crappy and works different ways in different devices. We already have 8 android devices to test, but it seems not enough. Now we searching for new devices to test with, but at first we kindly ask you to update the wiki page after you downloaded and tried out the latest app from the google play.

Thanks!

• May 10, 2015 10:22 PM CEST

I think there will not come a lot. The programmers are simply too weak.

• 28 posts
    May 10, 2015 7:42 PM CEST

[blockquote]Dirk B said:

so after some tries i finally managed to update my two sbricks and made them work properly with the software!

here is, what I have done:

disconnected all motors and lights from the sbricks (I discovered that when I have motors connected during update, all motors would turn all the time - which seems strange to me).

started the sbrick, started the app. got right to "manage bricks" and made an OTA-Update. After the message, that download completed, I turned off sbrick and the app on my phone, turned off bluetooth.

and after that it finally worked!

I use the app-version 1.3 on a Galaxy S5 mini.

[/blockquote]

This does not work for me :( My Sbrick is a brick.

C'mon guys.. I have my Sbrick for 5 months now and I haven't been able to do anything with it..

• 99 posts
    May 9, 2015 3:07 PM CEST

Hi all, just had an opportunity to see the iOS app running on an iPad. The Android app is a real shame that cannot be compared to the Apple development.

IMHO, you guys should really consider using another development tool, there is no reason why the two apps should be so different!!!

We all know the technical differences between the two environments : Apple is 100% consistent and under control, with a very limited number of configurations. Android is a jungle where every device has its own version of hardware components and OS version.

Yet, there are thousands of Android apps that work and are identical to their iOS version : just take the Lego official games for example.

So either you don't have the right tools, either you don't have the right methodology.

FYI, I'm an IT professional and I would not accept such a poor quality in my professional environment.

Marc

This post was edited by Marc Jaouen at May 11, 2015 10:47 AM CEST
    • 2 posts
    May 9, 2015 12:28 PM CEST

so after some tries i finally managed to update my two sbricks and made them work properly with the software!

here is, what I have done:

disconnected all motors and lights from the sbricks (I discovered that when I have motors connected during update, all motors would turn all the time - which seems strange to me).

started the sbrick, started the app. got right to "manage bricks" and made an OTA-Update. After the message, that download completed, I turned off sbrick and the app on my phone, turned off bluetooth.

and after that it finally worked!

I use the app-version 1.3 on a Galaxy S5 mini.

• May 8, 2015 9:09 PM CEST

Open source would be great !!!

...or, work with professional software developers !!!

• 4 posts
    May 6, 2015 11:47 PM CEST

Put the sbrick in the corner some weeks ago. Today i updated to 1.3 on my s4 mini, with every app start it's recommended to update the firmware.

Nothing works, only with simple control i can test the ports. I think i have to go back to 0.8, it was better, despite occasional app crashing.

In summary i have to say: very bad job, app still in beta state

My suggestions:

- Make it open source an the community will give us a working app or

- sell the project to LEGO and let them develop a working app or

- finally work together with professional software developers

X

• 4 posts
    May 6, 2015 8:36 PM CEST

Tonight it works. I did update my phone to 5.1 today but don't know if that had something to do with it. Now both 1.3 app and simple app works. (The third slider in simple app seems to be connected to the b-port).

0.26 version port tester still stops after two seconds. Reason for using 0.26 app is because the sliders don't auto reset. Is it possible to add a reset button in the profile designer?

• 2 posts
    May 6, 2015 2:18 PM CEST

I have the same problem with my two sbricks. updated the app and the sbricks. led is always on. port tester wont do anything.. I also tried on-off and bluetooth on-off several times with both sbricks but nothing works..

what can I do?

• 28 posts
    May 6, 2015 10:47 AM CEST

I have tried the simple control app v1.6 and sbrick app v1.3 and I cannot control the sbrick :/

What can I do?

• 4 posts
    May 5, 2015 4:18 PM CEST

I have the same problem. I have updated the firmware with app version 1.3

The led is always on now. No response when using the port tester. Same problem with SBrcik Simple App.

When using the port tester in app version 0.26 I get response for like 2 seconds then it interrupts. Is a timeout added in the new firmware?

Had 0.26 port tester running for a display this weekend without problem.

What logs do you need to investigate?

Edit: It works with an iPhone. My other not upgraded SBrick works with the Simple app.

This post was edited by Oscar Rydhé at May 6, 2015 8:02 AM CEST
  • May 5, 2015 2:25 AM CEST

[blockquote]Frederic Ayrault said: do you tried sbrick simple control application?[/blockquote]

Yes, and it works without problems !!!

• 95 posts
    May 4, 2015 11:28 PM CEST
    do you tried sbrick simple control application?
  • May 4, 2015 9:58 PM CEST

Hi Antonis,

i have almost the same problem. Installed app 1.3, OTA in both SBricks (LED) but kontrolliern not working.
    On the contrary, the app will simply exit. Unfortunately, no one expected the interest here :-(

At least I have to date received no reasonable answer.

• 28 posts
    May 4, 2015 6:12 PM CEST

I have update to v1.3 and I have at last managed to update the firmware! The LED stays on when I turn on the SBrick.

I cannot however control the SBrick. The LED test does not work, nor does the port tester. Any ideas on what I can try to do?

Nexus 4 stock 5.0.1

• May 3, 2015 11:16 PM CEST

I have a weird bug on my LG G3s.

whenever i create a profile using the profile designer and set one of my joysticks to 45 degrees (to use it with a Skid loader) it does not show up as rotated on my phone.

why can't i have a rotated joystick on my android phone when it works flawlessly on my iPad 4th gen?

• 95 posts
    May 3, 2015 7:35 PM CEST

[blockquote]Imre Kiss said:

We'll release a new version on this thursday:

- ota improvements (+bug fixing)
    - ota success check
    - one function two ports on the same brick

[/blockquote]

Back from holidays. I tested one function two multiple ports works fine one the same brick or on 3 bricks (I was unable to test more...)

I was able to control 4xM, 2xL and 2xXL. There is just a little bug : all the motors does not start at the same time

• 10 posts
    May 3, 2015 12:22 PM CEST

Since the firmware and app update when I go to use the motors the SBrick disconnects after a couple of seconds. I have tried this with two seperate SBricks and it does the same thing. 

Please see link for photo http://1drv.ms/1EZelnN

• 95 posts
    May 3, 2015 10:57 AM CEST
    [blockquote]tim tam said:

Frederic : thank you very much, but i mean update from v1.1 to v1.3 in sbrick firmware?

[/blockquote] you can also find the version number in the bottom of the left menu
  • May 2, 2015 8:43 PM CEST

Frederic : thank you very much, but i mean update from v1.1 to v1.3 in sbrick firmware?

[/blockquote]

You mean the App V 1.3. The you get in Google Play Store.

This post was edited by Karl Fensterstock at May 2, 2015 8:44 PM CEST
    • 10 posts
    May 2, 2015 7:19 PM CEST

• 95 posts
    May 2, 2015 9:30 AM CEST

hello, how do i know my sbrick updated latest version? thank you

[/blockquote]

When an SBrick is updated, the green led is always on

• 10 posts
    May 1, 2015 6:03 PM CEST

hello, how do i know my sbrick updated latest version? thank you

• 99 posts
    May 1, 2015 3:03 PM CEST

[blockquote]Anton Hylander said:

Redo the pairing? You mean like restart the app and connect to the Sbrick again?

[/blockquote]

Hi Anton, I think it refers to the standard bluetooth devices pairing : when you activate the Bluetooth function on your phone/tablet, the device scans for other bluetooth-enabled devices around you. You can then select which devices will be interconnected with your phone.

Just do that in a railway station at 5:00PM to see what will happen ;)

As for me : just upgraded to 1.3 (finally), I confirm that the B-C inverters now work fine. No crash so far, but I used it a few moments only.

Marc

This post was edited by Marc Jaouen at May 1, 2015 3:04 PM CEST
    • 3 posts
    May 1, 2015 2:02 PM CEST

Redo the pairing? You mean like restart the app and connect to the Sbrick again?

[blockquote]Johan Bystrom said:

I also have Sony Xperia Z2 with 5.02 and noticed that you sometime need to redo the bluetooth pairing with the Sbrick, i.e. it is not enough to just turn the bluetooth on and off.

[blockquote]Imre Kiss said:

Try to on/off Bluetooth!

Hi

I have some problems with the connection to the Sbrick. 

My phone: Sony Xperia Z2 with Android (lolipop) 5.0.2

I can Connect to the Sbrick, and I've done the firmware update. The problem is that neither any profiles or the port tester work.

I have all cables connected and everything is fine, so it should work...

Please help!

[/blockquote]

[/blockquote]

I have already tried everything, more than once. :(

[/blockquote]

[/blockquote]