Forums » Support

Back To Topics

SBrick iOS App

• 2 posts
    April 15, 2016 6:54 AM CEST

I am having the exact same problem @Joe Beagle i got an Iphone SE that its not working on, its very frustureating.

• 2 posts
    April 14, 2016 9:49 PM CEST

Hi All, 

I am new to the SBrick devices and purchased 4 for two models I am working on. I am using an ipad Air and iPhone 6 both have IOS ver 9.3.1(13e238) . When I try to add a profile to my My Creation the App crashes. 

Any info would be helpful as I am not sure if I am doing something wrong.

Thanks, Joe

• 310 posts
    March 30, 2016 12:04 PM CEST

[blockquote]Jakob Peterhänsel said:

[blockquote]TheRebricker von Innerebner said: [blockquote]Tamas Misik said:

Hello guys.

Currently only the latest Android application supports the Sequence and Clinometer controls. But don't worry. Our developers already work on the iOS version too. Hopefully it will availabe within a few weeks. Thanks for your patience.

[/blockquote] you said it will be a few weeks, now in a recent post you saying a month... It has been almost 2 months from my quoted post, when will sequence be supported. I need to use sequence in a project I am displaying at BrickCan in 3 weeks. Might it be available before then or might you be looking for beta testers for the app? [/blockquote]

Hit us with a beta to test.. 

[/blockquote]

Hello guys, 

Sorry for the late answer. 

We understand your compliment, we do our best. Our developers working on it. We should ask you for some patience. 

If everything goes right, it will be available within 3 weeks, but we cannot mark out an exact date. 

Best wishes, 

Balint Mezei - SBrick Team 

• March 30, 2016 12:15 AM CEST

[blockquote]TheRebricker von Innerebner said: [blockquote]Tamas Misik said:

Hello guys.

Currently only the latest Android application supports the Sequence and Clinometer controls. But don't worry. Our developers already work on the iOS version too. Hopefully it will availabe within a few weeks. Thanks for your patience.

[/blockquote] you said it will be a few weeks, now in a recent post you saying a month... It has been almost 2 months from my quoted post, when will sequence be supported. I need to use sequence in a project I am displaying at BrickCan in 3 weeks. Might it be available before then or might you be looking for beta testers for the app? [/blockquote]

Hit us with a beta to test.. 

• 5 posts
    March 28, 2016 9:00 AM CEST
    [blockquote]Tamas Misik said:

Hello guys.

[/blockquote] you said it will be a few weeks, now in a recent post you saying a month... It has been almost 2 months from my quoted post, when will sequence be supported. I need to use sequence in a project I am displaying at BrickCan in 3 weeks. Might it be available before then or might you be looking for beta testers for the app?
    • 310 posts
    March 25, 2016 1:17 PM CET

[blockquote]Alex McQuilkin said:

Hello

Can you tell me please what the latest version of the S Brick app is for IOS

Thanks

Alex

[/blockquote]

Hello Alex! 

Here you can check it, https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/sbrick/id897834246?mt=8
    The
    newest is, 3.13

Regards, 

• 17 posts
    March 25, 2016 2:11 AM CET

Hello

Can you tell me please what the latest version of the S Brick app is for IOS

Thanks

Alex

• 310 posts
    March 17, 2016 6:32 PM CET

[blockquote]Vincent Curvers said:

Hello,
    I have a problem with the Apple App:
    If I use a sequence in my profile, I can download and add the profile I created to "my 
    creation", but when I try and open it it crashes the SBrick Apple app on my iPad.
    I am using the correct aspect ratio 4/3, if I delete the sequence to my profile, i can open it and use it , is there anything else I can
    check?
    Best regards
    Vincent  

[/blockquote]

Hi Vincent! 

Unfortunately, on IOS the sequence function is not available yet, that is the reason for the crash. In a month the new IOS application will be out, and the buttons/functions will work without any mistake. 

Thank you for your patience, 

Regards, 

• 1 posts
    March 17, 2016 10:01 AM CET

Hello,
    I have a problem with the Apple App:
    If I use a sequence in my profile, I can download and add the profile I created to "my 
    creation", but when I try and open it it crashes the SBrick Apple app on my iPad.
    I am using the correct aspect ratio 4/3, if I delete the sequence to my profile, i can open it and use it , is there anything else I can
    check?
    Best regards
    Vincent  

• 3 posts
    March 13, 2016 8:18 PM CET
    The problem is Apple Watch.
    If is in airplane mode The sbrick work correctly...
    This post was edited by luca pradella at March 13, 2016 8:19 PM CET
    • 3 posts
    March 11, 2016 10:44 AM CET
    The setting is correct.
    iPad use a 42030 4:3 profile
    iPhone a 16:9 profile.
    I view The setting of sbrick The temperature ecc. but the led not flash is fixed and the port test not to Be a results
    • 310 posts
    March 11, 2016 10:28 AM CET

[blockquote]luca pradella said:

With air ipad 2 is working correctly, but with 6s iphone is recognized sbrick but does not respond to any commands .
    How can I do?

[/blockquote]

Hello, 

Could you give us more details about the problem? 
    Could you open the profile? Did you set the ports and profile? 

Regards, 

• 3 posts
    March 10, 2016 11:24 PM CET
    With air ipad 2 is working correctly, but with 6s iphone is recognized sbrick but does not respond to any commands .
    How can I do?
    • 310 posts
    February 27, 2016 1:04 AM CET

[blockquote]TheRebricker von Innerebner said:

Hopefully it will availabe within a few weeks. Thanks for your patience.

[/blockquote]

Is there an expected date on the iOS update that will support Sequence?

[/blockquote]

Hi, 

We cannot specify an exact date yet, but it will be available soon. 

Best wishes, 

• 5 posts
    February 26, 2016 8:00 PM CET

Hopefully it will availabe within a few weeks. Thanks for your patience.

[/blockquote]

Is there an expected date on the iOS update that will support Sequence?

• 164 posts
    February 1, 2016 12:34 PM CET

Hello guys.

• 13 posts
    January 28, 2016 9:09 PM CET

[blockquote]Ronny Wagner said:

Hi

I am trying to make a profile with a Sequence.

I want to create a flashing LED.

Everything work well in in profile Designer

and i can add the profile to my creation but when a start my creation to controle my Sbrick

then nothing happens. (The cration do not want to start)

But if i take a way the Sequence in the profile then i can start it on then Iphone (but then i dont have the flashing light :-( )

I have a Iphone 6 Plus

BR

Ronny

[/blockquote]

Same at my iPhone. It's so annoying. I couldn't wait for the flashlights and now the don't work!

• 5 posts
    January 27, 2016 10:33 PM CET

[blockquote]Ronny Wagner said:

and i can add the profile to my creation but when a start my creation to controle my Sbrick

But if i take a way the Sequence in the profile then i can start it on then Iphone (but then i dont have the flashing light :-( )

I have a Iphone 6 Plus 

[/blockquote]

I too am having this issue. It seems the iPhone app doesn't yet support the Sequence control. That is one feature I am waiting for as well.

• 1 posts
    January 27, 2016 5:35 PM CET

Hi

I have a Iphone 6 Plus

BR

Ronny

• 164 posts
    January 9, 2016 12:16 PM CET

Frank,
    Are you sure that you use the latest version of SBrick application?
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/sbrick/id897834246?mt=8

Thias,
    The
    SBrick uses the new BLE (Bluetooth Low Eneregy). Only the BT. 4.0 chips support the BLE, so as you wrote: " the chip inside the brick is not able to communicate via the old protocols." This is the reason why you can't use you iPhone 3gs.

• 7 posts
    January 8, 2016 1:39 PM CET

Ok, so you know more than me regarding the BT technologies, I never go that deep into this tech. I'm a software developer in switzerland, and made already some mobile apps, but unfortunately never done something with BT, so my knowlegde about BT is quiet poor.

I think it's time that someone of the SBrick guys take care about your problem, they should be able to explain if its possible to implement both protocols...

I just give you an answer to your post(s) because I had the same issue than you... :-(

For me, all is working fine, exept the ratio-issue, but I can live with it.

My son is happy as hell with his lego-model...

I hope, they can help you, good luck !

Regards Frank

• 3 posts
    January 8, 2016 1:08 PM CET

I did a bit of reading. The BT4.0 chips can communicate with the oder BT versions. There wouldn't be a problem for the new phones to connect to the brick would it only support the old 2.1 BT protocols. But it is impossible to old phones to communicate via the new 4.0 protocols of course. So it was a design decision to not use the old protocols (that would make it possible for old and new phones to connect the brick) but to use the new 4.0 protocols only.

There might be resonable facts to make that kind of decision of course. The new protocols seem to save energy for better battery life. (I would not care about that) Or maybe the chip inside the brick is not able to communicate via the old protocols. Or ist simply the fact that it would be necessary to do all teh work twice, once for 2.1 BT and once for 4.0?

This post was edited by Thias Thias at January 8, 2016 1:09 PM CET
    • 7 posts
    January 8, 2016 12:29 PM CET

Hi Thias

It's not a "wrong" BT chip, it's more the old BT-technology, the Iphone 4S (and upwards of course) have the new chip with BT 4.0. I don't would say, that this is a bad design decision, because they had to decide to go for the old BT tech, or the new one...

I'm also a "daddy", and my 10 year old son plays with the sbricks (btw: with the lego model 42009) and I understand your statement, but I think, there are waaay more "adult"-players, who want to use their own phone/tablets, I think no one of those would buy a sbrick, if they don't work with the newer devices !

I have an android device for myself, and can't get to work with it, so I bought an "old" Iphone from a friend, and I checked therefore the requirements and found out that the 4S is the first Iphone with BLE/BT4.0...

So, I'm not 100% sure about your 3GS, maybe someone of the Sbrick-Team can confirm this...

• 3 posts
    January 8, 2016 11:27 AM CET

I was not able to get it to work. Just installed the app. The next step would be to add a profile, that did not work. The next step after that would be to connect to the brick. What you say is, that will not work because the 3gs has a wrong BT chip? Now that would be a nice example of bad design decision in my eyes... What would be better suited for a remote controller than an old cheap smartphone? I sure wont give my new 600 Euro IPhone into the hands of my 5 year old son to play with... 

• 7 posts
    January 8, 2016 9:00 AM CET

Hi Thias, I had/have the same issue with my Iphone 4S, they set the wrong ratio for the Iphone... I made a profile in 16:9, and then I could see/use it. It's a bit "squeezed", but it works...

Tamas told me on 24. Nov 2015, the ratio bug will be fixed "within a few days", so I don't believe it will be fixed until next year. :-(

However, I'm wondering, how you managed it to get it work with your 3GS, according the specs of your Iphone 3GS, it don't have BLE (Bluethooth Low Energy, also known as BT 4.0)