Forums » Support

Back To Topics

SBrick Android App

    • 1 posts
    November 11, 2019 3:44 PM CET

    hello I'm here to report some bugs revealed after the new app update 4.6.1 on Android.

    1) all profile are gone

    2) if you use an sbrick with firmware 23 (or any not latest version) the app says that there is an update, but the button to do the update  is not visible

    3) yesterday we were trying to register a new user with the app but the app did respond with a variable like $[fault] or so on

    4) a guy has associated the controls to the profile in the app, saved, but if he exit the app and re-enter, the association is lost

    5) sometimes the profile is freezing while using it.. you had to terminate the app and restart it

     

     
     
     
    • 207 posts
    October 25, 2019 3:01 PM CEST
    Marko Kovač said:
    Clément TeClem said:
    Marko Kovač said:
    Lénárd Pásztor said:

    Finally.. the android app went back to the Play store.

    yeah, but does it work?!?

    Good !
    But, I am not enthusiastic to test it ...
    My profiles are complex ... I don't want to configure them a second time if I must rollback on 1.4 foot-in-mouth

    I have only one profile, so I tried it... Of course it doesn't work. Rolled back to 1.4.

    Pretty dissapointing sbrick...

     

    Yes, it is the same version. We now have an android device which can be used to reproduce this bug, so we started to fix it.

     

    • 7 posts
    October 22, 2019 8:04 PM CEST
    Clément TeClem said:
    Marko Kovač said:
    Lénárd Pásztor said:

    Finally.. the android app went back to the Play store.

    yeah, but does it work?!?

    Good !
    But, I am not enthusiastic to test it ...
    My profiles are complex ... I don't want to configure them a second time if I must rollback on 1.4 foot-in-mouth

    I have only one profile, so I tried it... Of course it doesn't work. Rolled back to 1.4.

    Pretty dissapointing sbrick...

    • 2 posts
    October 22, 2019 4:54 PM CEST
    Marko Kovač said:
    Lénárd Pásztor said:

    Finally.. the android app went back to the Play store.

    yeah, but does it work?!?

    Good !
    But, I am not enthusiastic to test it ...
    My profiles are complex ... I don't want to configure them a second time if I must rollback on 1.4 foot-in-mouth

    • 7 posts
    October 22, 2019 4:45 PM CEST
    Lénárd Pásztor said:

    Finally.. the android app went back to the Play store.

    yeah, but does it work?!?

    • 207 posts
    October 22, 2019 2:15 PM CEST

    Finally.. the android app went back to the Play store.

    • 7 posts
    October 16, 2019 6:35 PM CEST
    Jan Přikryl said:
    Marko Kovač said:

    [...]

    Luckily there are other applications which work better...

    Can you elaborate? I am really tired of not being able to use the official app on my son's tablet at all...

    Thanks!

    Jan

    If you have some console with controller which uses bluetooth try BrickController2. I use PS4 controller to drive my modded GT3RS around :)

    • 7 posts
    October 16, 2019 6:31 PM CEST
    Krzysztof Marczewski said:
    Marko Kovač said:
    Lénárd Pásztor said:

    Hi,

    While we working on the next release you can roll back to the previous using this build: https://apkpure.com/sbrick/com.vengit.sbrick

     

    Your latest version of application still doesn't work for me. I rolled back to an older version and it worked. When the newest version came up I thought that you resolved problems with previous build.

    I also had problems with downloading my profile from your web.

    Luckily there are other applications which work better...

    I revert to 4.4.13 because it is only stable version which i could find. Newest 4.5.8 doesnt work and it deletes all my profiles. I also had trouble to connect to my account.

    Same here. That version also works for me.

    • 2 posts
    October 16, 2019 8:08 AM CEST
    Marko Kovač said:

    [...]

    Luckily there are other applications which work better...

    Can you elaborate? I am really tired of not being able to use the official app on my son's tablet at all...

    Thanks!

    Jan 

  • October 15, 2019 10:11 PM CEST
    Marko Kovač said:
    Lénárd Pásztor said:

    Hi,

    While we working on the next release you can roll back to the previous using this build: https://apkpure.com/sbrick/com.vengit.sbrick

     

    Your latest version of application still doesn't work for me. I rolled back to an older version and it worked. When the newest version came up I thought that you resolved problems with previous build.

    I also had problems with downloading my profile from your web.

    Luckily there are other applications which work better...

    I revert to 4.4.13 because it is only stable version which i could find. Newest 4.5.8 doesnt work and it deletes all my profiles. I also had trouble to connect to my account.

    • 7 posts
    October 14, 2019 10:57 PM CEST
    Lénárd Pásztor said:

    Hi,

    While we working on the next release you can roll back to the previous using this build: https://apkpure.com/sbrick/com.vengit.sbrick

     

    Your latest version of application still doesn't work for me. I rolled back to an older version and it worked. When the newest version came up I thought that you resolved problems with previous build.

    I also had problems with downloading my profile from your web.

    Luckily there are other applications which work better...

    • 207 posts
    October 1, 2019 3:39 PM CEST

    Hi,

    While we working on the next release you can roll back to the previous using this build: https://apkpure.com/sbrick/com.vengit.sbrick

    • 25 posts
    September 25, 2019 7:02 PM CEST

    My android still works, but not as properly as before. Are you fellows at SBRICK only making updates if you are drunken?

  • September 23, 2019 7:38 PM CEST
    Clément Leclaire said:

    Hello Sbrick community !

    I'm don't know if i'm in the good section.

    I just download the new version of Android app + Firmware update.

     

    Now my gamepad doesn't work ...

    Video : https://youtu.be/OUyRplPtIW4

    Best Regards!

     

    Similar here. Some of previously made profiles work with gamepad, but most doesn't. Pairing and unpairing doesn't help.

    • 7 posts
    September 17, 2019 5:27 PM CEST
    Donát Raáb said:
    Marko Kovač said:

    Same problem here, Samsung Galaxy S9 fully updated and the newest version of SBrick application. Can't connect to SBricks in the application. In bluetooth settings I can pair and unpair with the SBricks. All other bluetooth devices work without any problems.

    I wrote you through the application bugreport form, via contact e-mail address and got no answer whatsoever. Not good SBrick team, not good...

    What you can actually do while they fix it or answer is to get the last working .apk installer.

    I found a previous version here:

    https://apkpure.com/sbrick/com.vengit.sbrick

    it is safe to download and will work again, however you have to set up your creations again.

    Also go to "Play" application, and between settings disable automated update (or update only via Wi-Fi) options to prevent the previous version getting updated.

    Thanks, I also thought of that, but knew that I will loose my creations...

    Luckily I managed to download the creation from my profile on the web.

  • September 17, 2019 5:10 AM CEST

    I can not confirm any issues with version 4.5.5 on a Google Pixel XL with Android 10. I had the same problem as others are describing it now with a previous version on the same device. Not sure, but I think it was 4.5.4. It looks like the way it was implemented in previous versions is working until Android 9, but not on Android 10, and the way it is now implemented does work on Android 10, but not on previous versions. Maybe you must implement both ways and check somehow the Android version or API version on the devices the software is installed on. But that's just my assumption. Hope you do not just reverse all, because I assume my problems would reoccur on Android 10 then. ;-)


    Thanks for your work,
    Marc

     

     

    • 2 posts
    September 16, 2019 9:11 PM CEST
    Marko Kovač said:

    Same problem here, Samsung Galaxy S9 fully updated and the newest version of SBrick application. Can't connect to SBricks in the application. In bluetooth settings I can pair and unpair with the SBricks. All other bluetooth devices work without any problems.

    I wrote you through the application bugreport form, via contact e-mail address and got no answer whatsoever. Not good SBrick team, not good...

    What you can actually do while they fix it or answer is to get the last working .apk installer.

    I found a previous version here:

    https://apkpure.com/sbrick/com.vengit.sbrick

    it is safe to download and will work again, however you have to set up your creations again.

    Also go to "Play" application, and between settings disable automated update (or update only via Wi-Fi) options to prevent the previous version getting updated.

    • 7 posts
    September 16, 2019 8:50 PM CEST
    Donát Raáb said:

    Dear Support and community,

    my SBrick software for Android got updated, since then however I have my SBricks turned on the app couldn't find them. Before update if worked like charm for years. I need to run my trains at show ASAP.

    Troubleshoot guide steps didn't work.

     

    Same problem here, Samsung Galaxy S9 fully updated and the newest version of SBrick application. Can't connect to SBricks in the application. In bluetooth settings I can pair and unpair with the SBricks. All other bluetooth devices work without any problems.

    I wrote you through the application bugreport form, via contact e-mail address and got no answer whatsoever. Not good SBrick team, not good...

    • 2 posts
    September 14, 2019 9:44 AM CEST

    Dear Support and community,

    my SBrick software for Android got updated, since then however I have my SBricks turned on the app couldn't find them. Before update if worked like charm for years. I need to run my trains at show ASAP.

    Troubleshoot guide steps didn't work.

    • 2 posts
    September 12, 2019 12:02 PM CEST

    Hello Sbrick community !

    I'm don't know if i'm in the good section.

    I just download the new version of Android app + Firmware update.

     

    Now my gamepad doesn't work ...

    Video : https://youtu.be/OUyRplPtIW4

    Best Regards!

    • 1 posts
    September 7, 2019 9:27 PM CEST

    Hi, I'm new to SBrick and couldn't find any answers with a quick search. I tested mine with galaxy S4 and it worked fine, however I cannot see it under SBricks page on galaxy S8 (Android 9). Is it not supported or is there anything I can do?

    Thanks

    • 2 posts
    September 3, 2019 8:42 AM CEST
    Just wondering: My son is a happy user of my Xperia Tablet Z (bought some 5 years ago), which sadly runs only Android 5.x. The official Lego Boost app works on it, but SBrick does not. What is the minimum Android version that the app is able to work on? Is there a chance to get (even an unsupported development version, I understand the risks) the app that will be able to run on that tablet as well? (I know, I should buy myself an iPad or allow my son to use my phone...). Thanks! Jan
    • 207 posts
    July 10, 2019 2:19 PM CEST
    Marc André Wyss said:

    Does someone work on the SBrick App for Android 10? I do not see the SBricks within the Sbrick App on Android 10 (on Pixel XL), but I see them within the Android 10 System itself. Futhermore the SBrick App complains about it was written for an older version of Android when I'm starting it.

    Thanks for any information. And yes I know Android 10 is still beta. :-)

    Thanks for the report, we will check this out.

  • July 9, 2019 7:38 PM CEST

    Does someone work on the SBrick App for Android 10? I do not see the SBricks within the Sbrick App on Android 10 (on Pixel XL), but I see them within the Android 10 System itself. Futhermore the SBrick App complains about it was written for an older version of Android when I'm starting it.

    Thanks for any information. And yes I know Android 10 is still beta. :-)

    • 25 posts
    June 20, 2019 8:32 PM CEST

    coolsmilecoollaughing: good job SBRICK!!! Thank you very much!