Forums » Support

Back To Topics

SBrick Android App

• 4 posts
    April 25, 2020 11:26 AM CEST

OK tried it all again this morning and it's working OK again. Really hard to get to grips with such an intermittent fault!

• 4 posts
    April 24, 2020 10:55 PM CEST

Yes I have restarted Tablet a couple of times with no improvement.

I'll look more into this tomorrow, as it involves installing that .apk.

So much time evaporates when these snags arise, it's soul destroying.

The robot my 6 y.o. son and I built and had fun with yesterday is non-functional today.

• 270 posts
    April 24, 2020 10:46 PM CEST
    Jim Lewis said:

Fire HD 8 Tablet, 8th Gen, running Fire OS 6.3.1.5

In the 'SBrick' search function, I can see and select the SBrick, but battery level reports variably (just tried fresh batteries with same results) 

Almost immediately after connecting the wireless icon next to the SBrick ID grays out, like it lost signal, then going to the test page it just cycles like it has dropped the connection.

Actually we not support Fire OS, but good to know that is running the SBrick app. It is strange that it worked yesterday and today not. 

Have you tried restart the tablet? You get the same result after clean start?

Here is the debug app, it works the same, but we see more logs about the problem:

https://a.dewsys.com/apps/com.vengit.sbrick.dev-4.6.3-233.apk

• 4 posts
    April 24, 2020 10:38 PM CEST

Fire HD 8 Tablet, 8th Gen, running Fire OS 6.3.1.5

In the 'SBrick' search function, I can see and select the SBrick, but battery level reports variably (just tried fresh batteries with same results) 

Almost immediately after connecting the wireless icon next to the SBrick ID grays out, like it lost signal, then going to the test page it just cycles like it has dropped the connection.

• 270 posts
    April 24, 2020 10:31 PM CEST
    Jim Lewis said:

I'm having repreated connection issues when trying to use my SBrick plus with my Amazon Fire tablet. Prevously (yesterday) this was working fine. Today it is a complte crap shot as to whether I can connect to it or not.

Also, on logging in, none of my creations are retained and I have to set them and th remote setup again.

It's very annoying.

Sorry for the inconvenience. What generation of amazon fire tablet? What is the android version?

The creations are not saved to the cloud yet, but saved locally. If you log in with the same user the creations must be visible. I can send you a debug release, then we can see some log what happens on your side.

• 4 posts
    April 24, 2020 10:17 PM CEST

I'm having repreated connection issues when trying to use my SBrick plus with my Amazon Fire tablet. Prevously (yesterday) this was working fine. Today it is a complte crap shot as to whether I can connect to it or not.

Also, on logging in, none of my creations are retained and I have to set them and th remote setup again.

It's very annoying.

• 270 posts
    April 24, 2020 10:14 PM CEST

Spammer blocked.

• 13 posts
    April 7, 2020 12:04 AM CEST

What phone model and Android version you're running? Did you activate location on your phone before searching for SBricks? Yes that's stupid, but Android requires location access to be able to search for Bluetooth (at least BT LE) devices.

• 1 posts
    April 6, 2020 5:51 PM CEST
    My sbrick does not connect with my smartphone and my sbrick-app. Could anyone help?
    • 7 posts
    April 5, 2020 9:39 AM CEST
    With the latest version 4.6.6, I can use it again with the Xbox One s controller.
    Thank you!
    • 7 posts
    March 3, 2020 12:40 PM CET
    I see it again the app.
    But yesterday, can't find in playstore...
    • 270 posts
    March 3, 2020 12:32 PM CET
    Sebastian Q said:
    Wheres the App? I cant find the App in the Playstore

Hi Sebastian,

I can see with iOS and android too.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.vengit.sbrick&hl=en

https://apps.apple.com/hu/app/sbrick/id897834246

• 2 posts
    March 2, 2020 6:14 PM CET

Yes this is right. 

Please but the APK files in the forum or send a Download link

• 7 posts
    March 2, 2020 5:40 PM CET
    +1
    I like sbrick, but the support is terrible... ????
    • 2 posts
    March 2, 2020 5:30 PM CET
    Wheres the App?

I cant find the App in the Playstore
    • 270 posts
    February 19, 2020 12:22 PM CET
    Hambone said:

Is it possible for the Sbrick Android App to send and receive commands with an ESP32 micro computer through it's bluetooth module?

If you can implement the SBrick protocol with the ESP32 I think yes.

• 14 posts
    February 19, 2020 8:10 AM CET

Is it possible for the Sbrick Android App to send and receive commands with an ESP32 micro computer through it's bluetooth module?

• 270 posts
    December 2, 2019 12:38 PM CET
    Donát Raáb said:
    Tamás Fábián said:

" This is a limitation of the Android OS and this is so to protect your privacy."

How the hell does turning on location services protectin my privacy? It is idiocracy to make phone/table lose battery faster, but I see no point how this protects my interest and why I can't run my trains without turning on GPS...

I totally agree with that. This is an android rule, so we can't bypass it.

We also check the screen freezing problem.

• 5 posts
    December 1, 2019 8:35 PM CET

And wow, the same url, I just had to scroll down for it. However I found the older .apk on my phone, so succesfully restored the original version.

This location service stuff will be permanent?

What about this freezing screen? It seems that it does it after some time without shutting down the screen or changing to different application, but also these provoke the bug to happen. I like the percentage battery indicators, it is a really nice add-on and I would like to use it.

• 7 posts
    December 1, 2019 7:50 PM CET
    You can find the older versions here:
    https://m.apkpure.com/sbrick/com.vengit.sbrick
    Donát Raáb said:

And yes, until today I was fine with the older release, but doing the update was the worst idea.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqxnE2B3bqU

After some time the touchscreen goes "inactive", I can use the buttons and sliders, but there is no effect on SBrick output, even the "Close button" is not working so the only way to stop creations before crash is to shot down the app. 

This is the first result when I tried to stop a train when it reached the station but the sliders went out of work:

brickshelf.com/gallery/AshiValkoinen/MISC/20191201_160336.jpg 

Video was taken by second case, but now I'm experiencing the third and nothing prevents this to happen.

Please release .apk for older version, I can't use this one. (The site I linked here before now updated its resource and I have no resource for older version...)

• 5 posts
    December 1, 2019 4:57 PM CET

And yes, until today I was fine with the older release, but doing the update was the worst idea.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqxnE2B3bqU

After some time the touchscreen goes "inactive", I can use the buttons and sliders, but there is no effect on SBrick output, even the "Close button" is not working so the only way to stop creations before crash is to shot down the app. 

This is the first result when I tried to stop a train when it reached the station but the sliders went out of work:

brickshelf.com/gallery/AshiValkoinen/MISC/20191201_160336.jpg 

Video was taken by second case, but now I'm experiencing the third and nothing prevents this to happen.

Please release .apk for older version, I can't use this one. (The site I linked here before now updated its resource and I have no resource for older version...)

• 5 posts
    December 1, 2019 3:52 PM CET
    Tamás Fábián said:

" This is a limitation of the Android OS and this is so to protect your privacy."

How the hell does turning on location services protectin my privacy? It is idiocracy to make phone/table lose battery faster, but I see no point how this protects my interest and why I can't run my trains without turning on GPS...

• 7 posts
    November 25, 2019 9:02 PM CET
    I can't do the test... Because the step 3. is not clear. Can't find "mode 1 or 2"...
    (magyarul tudjuk valahol folytatni a beszélgetést? Úgy lehet könnyebb lenne. 
    A legújabb szoftverrel a Galaxy s8-ammal is ugyanez a hiba) 
    Lénárd Pásztor said:
    Mikes Attila said:

Thank you. 

... And can you make "driver" for Xbox one elite controller via otg cable?

Because my phone (galaxy s9) handles my controller, but the sbrick app controller settings not work (elöször csatlakoztass egy kontrollert) 

Can you do the steps mentioned below? We need some logs to make it possible. Thanks!

• 270 posts
    November 25, 2019 8:53 PM CET
    Mikes Attila said:

Thank you. 

... And can you make "driver" for Xbox one elite controller via otg cable?

Because my phone (galaxy s9) handles my controller, but the sbrick app controller settings not work (elöször csatlakoztass egy kontrollert) 

Can you do the steps mentioned below? We need some logs to make it possible. Thanks!

• November 24, 2019 2:56 PM CET

I have updated the android-app to v 4.6.3, but now the app on my phone (Samsung Galaxy A40, Android 9) does not even see my sbricks (2 connected, hardware v 4, firmware v 0). My phone does see the 2 sbricks, but cant be paired with them (I already had paired and dispaired them once, and after that I never could pair again). With v 4.6.1 the app at least could see the sbricks, but I could not update them (there was no update button vissible), according to v 4.6.1 the sbricks had hardware version 4, firmware version 0. I also have installed sbrick simple control, but that could not see the sbricks either.

When powering the sbricks, both show a blinking light for a short moment, as expected with firmware v 0.

Then I tried to connect with an ipad (ipad air 2, ios 12.3.1 (no permission to location!)) and sbrick v 4.5.4. This version does see the sbricks and the led-test works. Surprisingly, today I am also able to update my 2 sbricks to firmware v 25 (which did not work about a week ago).

Then I tried connecting again with the android app 4.6.3 .... and it works!!

So, with some minor work around things work again. But it is still strange that the android-app  4.6.3 didnt see my sbricks with firmware v 0.

Hope this may help others.