Forums » Support

Back To Topics

SBrick Android App

• 23 posts
    April 2, 2015 10:46 AM CEST

Reading that supporting more than 1 SBrick will not be available in the next update makes me really sad. It's the one MOST IMPORTANT specific function I've been waiting for since the Android-app was released. Since all my SBrick-MOC's use 2 SBricks, the Android app is still useless and will be for some time to come...

• 95 posts
    March 31, 2015 9:07 PM CEST
    I am really disappointed to read we have waited almost 1 month since v0.80 is released and we are still not able to control more than 1 sbrick in the next realease.

I am also afraid we are not going to get some other features...

According to roadmap we were supposed to get a working release at the begining of this month ;-)

• 34 posts
    March 31, 2015 12:34 PM CEST

[blockquote]Matej Papluh said:

[blockquote]Zsolt Majoros said:

Thank you for your feedback! We will implement the more sbrick support after we solved these device compatibility problems.

[/blockquote]

Sorry for maybe stupid question (I was 2 months out of the loop), but does that mean that the app officialy does not support more Sbricks on one profile ? Is this the same for iOS ?

I guess for the time being I'll have to solve it for the 42009 mod by having either 2 devices or 2 profiles on one with functions driver (steering, power, stabilizers, chassis lights) and operator (boom angle, lenghts, winch and rotation)

[/blockquote]

The android version still doesn't support more sbricks at the same time, we put aside this feature to solve other problems asap.

The iOS version is already supports more sbricks, we tested it with 6 sbricks at one profile.

• 34 posts
    March 28, 2015 8:02 PM CET

[blockquote]Zsolt Majoros said:

Thank you for your feedback! We will implement the more sbrick support after we solved these device compatibility problems.

[/blockquote]

Sorry for maybe stupid question (I was 2 months out of the loop), but does that mean that the app officialy does not support more Sbricks on one profile ? Is this the same for iOS ?

I guess for the time being I'll have to solve it for the 42009 mod by having either 2 devices or 2 profiles on one with functions driver (steering, power, stabilizers, chassis lights) and operator (boom angle, lenghts, winch and rotation)

This post was edited by Matej Papluh at March 28, 2015 8:02 PM CET
    • 34 posts
    March 28, 2015 7:15 PM CET

[blockquote]Miguel Angel Vilela said:

Will the next Android app allow us to update the SBrick firmware OTA?

Because, y'know, some Android users may not have access to an iOS device (or Mac) to update the SBrick firmware!

[/blockquote]

Of course!

[blockquote]Matej Papluh said:

So, back home after 2 months and to testing of v0.8

HTC ONE - now on Lollipop 5.0.2, still seems generally ok,

- joystick finally works, although sensibility on the 4.7" screen is not the best even when stretched to fill the height on landscape a slider is more precise

- Can't control 2 SBricks from one layout, I add and configure both of them and only the first work.

- Sometimes a profile is lost from the MOC, usually the last added one

Nexus 7 - still on 5.0.2

- first thing is minor, the joysticks on 16:10 layout (own or default) seem not to be centered

- what is worse, the control is not working well. It was laggy and buffering before, now there is less buffer, but more lag and stuck control (sometimes a value is stuck for 1-2 sec)

- Also it seems the mapping of controls does not go to full or something. For example a Volvo can climb a carpet with HTC and full slider and not with N7 ... maybe difference in 16:10 vs 16:9

We have a LUG event in 2 weeks and originally I planned to buy more than 2 Sbricks and have a full gang (dozer, volvo, digger, crane, crawler ...) for people to use. This was abandonded weeks ago. But with all these problems - works only on one of my devices (HTC) and no dual SBrick profiles - I'd be lucky to have at least the 2 I have working :( 

[/blockquote]

• 34 posts
    March 28, 2015 1:58 AM CET

So, back home after 2 months and to testing of v0.8

HTC ONE - now on Lollipop 5.0.2, still seems generally ok,

- joystick finally works, although sensibility on the 4.7" screen is not the best even when stretched to fill the height on landscape a slider is more precise

- Can't control 2 SBricks from one layout, I add and configure both of them and only the first work.

- Sometimes a profile is lost from the MOC, usually the last added one

Nexus 7 - still on 5.0.2

- first thing is minor, the joysticks on 16:10 layout (own or default) seem not to be centered

- what is worse, the control is not working well. It was laggy and buffering before, now there is less buffer, but more lag and stuck control (sometimes a value is stuck for 1-2 sec)

- Also it seems the mapping of controls does not go to full or something. For example a Volvo can climb a carpet with HTC and full slider and not with N7 ... maybe difference in 16:10 vs 16:9

We have a LUG event in 2 weeks and originally I planned to buy more than 2 Sbricks and have a full gang (dozer, volvo, digger, crane, crawler ...) for people to use. This was abandonded weeks ago. But with all these problems - works only on one of my devices (HTC) and no dual SBrick profiles - I'd be lucky to have at least the 2 I have working :(

This post was edited by Matej Papluh at March 28, 2015 1:59 AM CET
  • March 27, 2015 10:12 PM CET

Will the next Android app allow us to update the SBrick firmware OTA?

Because, y'know, some Android users may not have access to an iOS device (or Mac) to update the SBrick firmware!

• 34 posts
    March 26, 2015 6:34 PM CET

4.2 stable firmware isn't available at the moment, we'll publish it next week with the new android version.

The quick drive is provides the same experience, but it's optimized better, so the old method will be deprecated.

• 19 posts
    March 26, 2015 5:44 PM CET

about the FW update: i guess updating on iOS now gives the same result as updating on Android with the future app, so it's more secure to use an iPad/iPhone and update to 4.2 asap.

about quick drive: this "different control possibility" means a completely new and not a selectable method? i mean this new way of control replaces the old one which will be obsolete from now on (because of the poorly optimized BLE data sending). or this new method is lesser but more compatible and still ok to use for controlling SBricks?

This post was edited by Gábor Polczer at March 26, 2015 5:45 PM CET
    • 34 posts
    March 26, 2015 4:59 PM CET

Hi,

In the past weeks, we tested on plenty of different devices, and we noticed that some of them has really weak BLE management service.

We send four packages for each channel per 90 milisec to support a really responsive and flawless drive experience, but these devices dies in this large amount of passed data (for example the galaxy S3).

The good news is that we created a different control possibility in the 4.2 firmware named quick drive, that requires to send quarter so much data over BLE, and it seems to work on devices with weak bluetooth layer.

The "bad" is that everybody must update the firmware to use the app. It's recommended for other reasons also, so it isn't a big problem i think.

At the moment we are working on implementing quick drive at android, and finalize + test the OTA.

A version is coming in the middle of the next week with these changes, we really hope this resolves all of your problems.

• 34 posts
    March 23, 2015 9:40 AM CET

[blockquote]Maxim Baybakov said:

[blockquote]Tamas Misik said:

@For the others
    The new App will be availabe soon. Our developers are working hard on it. They are fixed many bugs. More info about the new application the next few days.

Thanks for your help and your patience! 

[/blockquote]

May I (and not only me) expect the fixing delay/freeze while giving the command and its running (5-8 sec) on Samsung Galaxy S3 9300?

[/blockquote]

We bought an S3 (I9300) to fix this problem, we're working on it.

Really strange, because on S3 (I9301) it's working fine, we'll find the solution.

• 21 posts
    March 19, 2015 5:44 PM CET

[blockquote]Tamas Misik said:

@For the others
    The new App will be availabe soon. Our developers are working hard on it. They are fixed many bugs. More info about the new application the next few days.

[/blockquote]

May I (and not only me) expect the fixing delay/freeze while giving the command and its running (5-8 sec) on Samsung Galaxy S3 9300?

• 19 posts
    March 19, 2015 2:33 PM CET

looking forward to trying new app on android 5.1 @ nexus 5.

• 164 posts
    March 19, 2015 2:13 PM CET

@Karl
    We made porfile, instructions and extra parts list for the 42009S, and you will get your color cases soon, but please contact us here: info@sbrick.com for more informations because this topic only for the Android Application.

@For the others

• 13 posts
    March 19, 2015 6:55 AM CET
    On Moto G2 (lollipop 5.0.2) still no function. Sometimes the motors/servos start for a few moments in the port test and stop. Sometimes the port test doesn't even work. Port test twice again? No way. I think I have to put in the old IRs.
    • 1 posts
    March 19, 2015 3:37 AM CET

Samsung Galaxy Note 3. Android 4.4.4.

Bug report. App crash.
    - If my brick IS powered AND BlueTooth was already ON: Every time I go to "Manage Bricks" the "Discovering Sbricks..." message comes up, then I see my brick listed in the background, and then the app crashes.
    - If my brick is NOT powered, the app does not crash upon going to "Manage Bricks".
    - If my brick IS powered AND BlueTooth is OFF, the app does not crash upon going to "Manage Bricks". The app asks me to turn on BlueTooth, I say yes, then it discovers my brick and lists it correctly. I am able to connect to the brick correctly.

I uninstalled and reinstalled the app and it still happens.

• March 17, 2015 7:08 PM CET

[blockquote]Christian Treczoks said:

[blockquote]Alexey Tikhvinsky said:This is international forum, so please DO NOT SPEAK YOUR NATIVE LANGUAGE, use English. Using your native language here is rude and impolite.[/blockquote]

Well, I can understand them. They are so seriously pissed that they returned to their native language for their rant.[/blockquote]

Thank you Christian for your understanding!
    Not everyone needs a foreign language but he is Legofan;-)

This post was edited by Karl Fensterstock at March 17, 2015 7:09 PM CET
  • March 16, 2015 7:52 PM CET

[blockquote]Alexey Tikhvinsky said:This is international forum, so please DO NOT SPEAK YOUR NATIVE LANGUAGE, use English. Using your native language here is rude and impolite.[/blockquote]

Well, I can understand them. They are so seriously pissed that they returned to their native language for their rant.

And like them I hope that SBrick starts to get their act together. I withhold any recommendations and purchases until you have a real, working product. The software I've seen matches the reports I've read: The SBrick App is far, far away from being a marketable piece of software. If I was in charge I would reassign the person responsible and find someone to start from scratch.

Your Developers are lost with their heads in the clouds without being able to produce a working, basic product. The line of appearence, disappearence, and re-appearence of bugs indicate a completely messed up development process without even the most basic attempts on verifying the product before shipping. My boss would rip me another one if I was "working" like that, and in my company I am a one-man-show with a way more complex product...

• 13 posts
    March 15, 2015 7:53 PM CET
    Today, first test with sbrick and Moto G2, and failed. The sbrick port test works sometimes on my 42030. But I can't assign the default profile. The app tries to connect and hangs. The ports cannot be assigned to anything (blank windows). After restarting the app, evety time the profile is gone. The sbrick is found and as I said accessible (port test). But nothing more. So I'm still hoping you get this solved.
  • March 15, 2015 6:13 PM CET

Ok, then in English. I'm going to wait until June 2015 and then when the whole does not work I'll return my SBricks and demand my money. I paid for 2 pieces SBricks in yellow including a profile for the 42009. I get to today two bricks in gray, no functioning app and no functioning profile for the 42009.

• 6 posts
    March 15, 2015 8:46 AM CET

hello!!

Good news, i have an update one my phone and sbrick can work now!!!!   

But i have a question, can i connect 2 or 3 sbricks on the same MOC??, because  I have already 4 IR lego one my MOC and I want to drive them with 2 or 3 sbrick.   I try with Jurgen joystick, but it doesn't work!!!

Thanks

ben

• March 14, 2015 4:09 PM CET

klaus eicherMarco RocholzKarl Fensterstock 

This is international forum, so please DO NOT SPEAK YOUR NATIVE LANGUAGE, use English. Using your native language here is rude and impolite.

Regards, Alex

• March 14, 2015 3:27 PM CET

Mir geht es genaus so wie Klaus,

es wurde viel versprochen und bis jetzt fast nichts gehalten. An und für sich stehe ich

solchen Projekten ja positiv gegenüber und bin auch bereit zu investieren, aber irgendwann

möchte ich auch Ergebnisse sehen. Auch ich werde jetzt noch max. bis Juni 2015 warten.

Sollte das ganze bis dorthin nicht funktionieren wie versprochen werde ich meine SBricks ALLE

zurücksenden und mein Geld zurück verlangen !

Egal ob iOS, Android oder Windows, es muß funktionieren !!!

• 5 posts
    March 14, 2015 2:57 PM CET
    Ich glaube dass das die Entwickler interessiert. Geld haben Sie ja kassiert und sie werden sich noch mehr kassieren von gutgläubigen Interessenten.

Die haben aber scheinbar kein Interesse was zum laufen zu bringen. Die 0.8 Version ist nur Hinhaltetaktik.
    Es gibt so viele Spielzeuge für 30,-€ ca. die über Bluetooth oder WLan gesteuert werden auf dem Markt. Da läuft alles mit einer eigenen App.

Nur seltsam warum die SBrick-Entwickler das nicht auf die Reihe kriegen.

Gruß
    M.R.
    • 7 posts
    March 14, 2015 2:11 PM CET

Hallo SBrick Team,

ich erlaube mir hier  in meiner Muttersprache mich mitzuteilen.

Kurz vor Weihnachten kam das Päckchen mit den SBricks zu mir nach Hause geflattert. Mit großem Tatendrang ging ich die Sache zunächst an und habe gedacht das sich die Lego-Technik Modelle mit dem Tablett oder Smartphone steuern kann. Da ich kein Geldscheisser habe kann ich mir kein Apple Produkt zulegen und bin deshalb auf die Android App angewiesen wie bestimmt viele Andere Nutzer auch.

Es ist nun ein gutes viertel Jahr vergangen seit die ersten SBrick bei den Nutzern eingetroffen sind.Ich verfolge seit dieser Zeit regelmäßig dieses Forum und hab auch alle Appversionen bisher versucht zum laufen zu bringen.Leider ohne Erfolg.

Es ist leider ernüchtern festzustellen das bisher die App nicht funktioniert !!!

Wenn sich bis zum Sommer 2015 nicht eine wesentliche Verbesserung der App einstellt so das  die Grundfunktion zur Steuerung funktionieren werde ich die SBricks  so leit es mir tut zurückschicken und das Geld zurückverlangen.

Die Entwickler der App sollten sich meiner Meinung nach auf die Grundfunktionen der App konzentrieren und nicht um den ganzen Schnick Schnack drum herum.

Viele Nutzer wären bestimmt zunächst mit einer einfachen App die funktionert zufrieden.

mfg Klaus Eicher