Forums » Support

Back To Topics

SBrick Android App

• October 11, 2017 7:17 PM CEST

I just had to reinstall the Sbrick app after a clean reinstall of my phone. The app will not let me log in and see my profiles, though. It just says "there is a problem with your internet connection". I'm on LTE and have confirmed that internet access is working fine.

The app does see the Sbricks. I also cannot use a public profile, as they don't load.

• 310 posts
    June 26, 2017 11:53 AM CEST

[blockquote]Johan vd Pluijm said:

Hello,

I didn't use my Rolls Royce containing 2 SBricks for a few months, but I wanted to use it again. The batteries were empty, so I used the LEGO LiPo battery. For some reason, the SBricks don't connect to my phone and not to my brother's  phone. They are not even visible. It appears the bluetooth function is broken on both SBricks. The servo connected to one of the SBricks turned to vertical position when I turned the battery on, which means there is no power-based problem.

Is there a known problem causing this?

Johan

[/blockquote]

Dear Johan, 

We did not experienced this kind of problem yet, but I will ask our developers about that. 

Soon we will get back to you! 

We ask for your patience, 

Thanks!

Balint
    SBrick Team

• 10 posts
    June 26, 2017 9:00 AM CEST

Hello,

I didn't use my Rolls Royce containing 2 SBricks for a few months, but I wanted to use it again. The batteries were empty, so I used the LEGO LiPo battery. For some reason, the SBricks don't connect to my phone and not to my brother's  phone. They are not even visible. It appears the bluetooth function is broken on both SBricks. The servo connected to one of the SBricks turned to vertical position when I turned the battery on, which means there is no power-based problem.

Is there a known problem causing this?

Johan

• 164 posts
    June 6, 2017 10:27 AM CEST

Thanks for the report. 

Can you please send a screenshot or video about the startup problem? Especially about the html problem. Our e-mail: info@sbrick.com

I'll upload a video about the gamepad setting soon.

This post was edited by Tamas Misik at June 6, 2017 10:27 AM CEST
    • 13 posts
    June 5, 2017 9:01 PM CEST

Ah, this version does show a version number higher than the beta I downloaded from the Play Store. :)

However, I couldn't find in it any way to use a gamepad. Also, it kept crashing on startup, trying to download an HTML file, both offline and connected through mobile data; only with Wi-Fi it managed to download what it needed and doesn't need Internet again. Also also, the only way to exit the app is still to tap Android's Home button and then remove it form the recent apps list.

• 164 posts
    June 2, 2017 5:31 PM CEST

A new android app version, with Gamepad support:

http://bit.ly/2qK08Kh 

Please test it and share with us your experiences. 

• 13 posts
    April 28, 2017 5:26 PM CEST

This is great news! :)

I'm signed up for the beta versions at the Play Store, and when I was about to install this new version via APK, my phone asked if I wanted to install an older (4.2.1) version than the current (4.2.3, beta) that I have. Is this supposed to occur?

• 164 posts
    April 28, 2017 3:04 PM CEST

SBrick App with Gamepad support (beta version)

Please help us: test it, and share with us your expreicences. 
    You can download the developer apk from the following link: https://goo.gl/bYPMHc
    sbrick-4.2.1.99_2.140.17-d.apk

Change log:
    - Gamepad support added (beta version)

Don't forget, this is a developer version, so javascript alerts may occur.

• 310 posts
    March 16, 2017 3:20 PM CET

[blockquote]Marti Arak said:

Hi!

Yes, the problem occures only with one of the SBricks. Other one works just fine. 

When I attach LEGO servo motor to Sbrick I can hear the sound of calibration witch mean that Sbrick is being powered. I don't know if this information helps. 

Waiting for solution...

BR

[blockquote]Balint Mezei said:

Hi!

I'm not sure if my problem is already listed in the forum but I need help.

I have two Sbricks and I built a nice creation. Everything worked well untill one day. I turned both Sbricks on but one of them wasn't on the bluetooth connection list. Then I noticed that the green light on the Sbrick doesn't light up as well. I did restart my phone, changed batteries, used other cables, choosed different battery box etc. Nothing really helps.

I have already wrote three times to the support - nobody answers for weeks by now. 

Please help to get my Sbrick fixed!

Thank you!

[/blockquote]

Hello Marti, 

Where did you contact us? We have not found any mail regarding your questions. :(

Maybe it was our fault, in this case, we are very sorry about this. 

About the problem, The other SBrick still works well? The problem only exist on one SBrick? 

Regards,

Balint
    SBrick Team

[/blockquote]

[/blockquote]

Thank you for the fast response. 

Could you send us a video to our e-mail address? It would be much appreciated. 

Please find us at info@sbrick.com 

We will help you forward, don't worry about that. 

Best wishes, 
    Balint
    SBrick Team

• 310 posts
    March 16, 2017 3:20 PM CET

Hi!

Yes, the problem occures only with one of the SBricks. Other one works just fine. 

When I attach LEGO servo motor to Sbrick I can hear the sound of calibration witch mean that Sbrick is being powered. I don't know if this information helps. 

Waiting for solution...

BR

Hi!

I have two Sbricks and I built a nice creation. Everything worked well untill one day. I turned both Sbricks on but one of them wasn't on the bluetooth connection list. Then I noticed that the green light on the Sbrick doesn't light up as well. I did restart my phone, changed batteries, used other cables, choosed different battery box etc. Nothing really helps.

I have already wrote three times to the support - nobody answers for weeks by now. 

Thank you!

[/blockquote]

Hello Marti, 

Where did you contact us? We have not found any mail regarding your questions. :(

About the problem, The other SBrick still works well? The problem only exist on one SBrick? 

Regards,

Balint
    SBrick Team

[/blockquote]

[/blockquote]

Thank you for the fast response. 

Could you send us a video to our e-mail address? It would be much appreciated. 

Please find us at info@sbrick.com 

We will help you forward, don't worry about that. 

Best wishes, 
    Balint
    SBrick Team

• 2 posts
    March 15, 2017 1:40 PM CET

Hi!

Waiting for solution...

BR

Hi!

Thank you!

[/blockquote]

Hello Marti, 

Regards,

Balint
    SBrick Team

[/blockquote]

• 310 posts
    March 15, 2017 1:01 PM CET

Hi!

Thank you!

[/blockquote]

Hello Marti, 

Regards,

Balint
    SBrick Team

• 2 posts
    March 13, 2017 10:38 PM CET

Hi!

Thank you!

• 13 posts
    February 14, 2017 11:10 AM CET

Last week NVidia published the official update to Android 7 for the Shield K1, and now it works fine with my SBricks. :) So, it was a matter of incompatibility with Android 6; probably this affects other devices with this version.

• 310 posts
    February 8, 2017 2:15 PM CET

[blockquote]Max Klax said:

Yesterday I've connected to my SBrick with other device and upgraded firmvare to ver.17

Hardware version is 5

Restarting devices and pairing doesn't help me.

[/blockquote]

Dear Max, 

The newest version is 18, so we ask you to update forward to the newest. :) 

Then restart your device. We hope the problem will be solved. 

Best regards,

Balint
    SBrick Team

• 13 posts
    February 7, 2017 12:08 PM CET

I suspect it's some bug related to the Android version: my Shield K1 also runs 6.0 and can't find the SBrick in the app, even though it finds it in the Bluetooth settings, while my Xperia Z1 Compact runs 5.0 and works fine. Is anyone with Android 6 on their devices who can connect to and use their SBricks?

I'm expecting an update to 7.0 for the Shield, and I'll see if that fixes the issue.

This post was edited by Alexandre Campos at February 7, 2017 12:08 PM CET
    • 2 posts
    February 7, 2017 12:02 PM CET

Yesterday I've connected to my SBrick with other device and upgraded firmvare to ver.17

Hardware version is 5

Restarting devices and pairing doesn't help me.

• 310 posts
    February 6, 2017 11:17 PM CET

[blockquote]Max Klax said:

Dear Support, please note, that I have the same problem as ANDRE Francois

I have Elephone p9000, Android version is 6.0

Sbrick is shinig with green led, servomotors are react to power source,

I've paired it to my phone, but than - nothing. SBrick app doesn't see my brick ((.

[/blockquote]

Dear Max,

What is the firmware version on your SBrick? Could you check it?

Please check these steps, maybe it can help you forward.

https://social.sbrick.com/wiki/view/pageId/42/slug/app-support

Best regards,

Balint
    SBrick Team

• 2 posts
    February 6, 2017 3:16 PM CET

Dear Support, please note, that I have the same problem as ANDRE Francois

I have Elephone p9000, Android version is 6.0

Sbrick is shinig with green led, servomotors are react to power source,

I've paired it to my phone, but than - nothing. SBrick app doesn't see my brick ((.

• 13 posts
    January 6, 2017 4:33 PM CET

Which Android version do you have on your E5? My Z1 Compact has 5.1.1 and works well with my SBricks, while my Shield K1 tablet has 6.0.1 and can't find any SBricks in the app, despite seeing them in the Bluetooth settings.

This leads me to suspect something broke between Android versions.

• 4 posts
    January 6, 2017 12:35 AM CET

[blockquote]ANDRE Francois said:

Hi sbrick team and owners

Last week end i had to change my phone. my old windows phone was broken and i finally choose a sony xperia E5 android.

Now i tried again and again to make it work with my sbrick.

No problem to couple it with the phone but no way to found it with the sbrick app...I tried  many times coupling uncoupling run the app but no result at all ...

maybe If it's a firmaware problem but I can't update the sbrick firmware without the app and i don't know how to do to make it available for the app...Is someone has any advice or solutions ....[/blockquote]

Good evening to Vengit, sbrick'owners...and every one who read this tread.

I can't stand anymore !! I bought my Sbrick in june 2016 and honestly since then it works when it wants. The worst is now since 2 month it doesn't work anymore at all. (no connection beetween phone and sbrick, no connection between app and sbrick. Pseudo Solutions proposed by developement team doesn't change nothing more... 

So if anyone from Vengit is able to solve the problem I don't see any alternative and my sbrick is now a stupid plastic box without any utility. Vengit says "2 years of guarantee to their product" that's a good point, the replacement means probability same events happens that's why i want a refund back instead of an hazardous replacement...

I have to say that it's very sad, i'm very sad because possibility of the sbrick are fantastic but with so many times with this unfunctionnal device has reason for my patience.

This post was edited by ANDRE Francois at January 6, 2017 12:37 AM CET
    • 310 posts
    December 25, 2016 7:38 PM CET

[blockquote]Jason Quek said:

Hi,

I'm unable to use "Pick Gallery" for the media on the sbrick app.  After choosing a photo, the sbrick doesnt show any new image chosen.  howeve, using "take photo" option works.  What is wrong with it?

Please advise.

Phone: Mi Max

android OS: v6.01

[/blockquote]

Hello Jason, 

Thank you for the report, we will check this. 

We ask for some patience, 

Regards, 

Balint
    Sbrick Team

• 6 posts
    December 25, 2016 4:52 PM CET

Hi,

I'm unable to use "Pick Gallery" for the media on the sbrick app.  After choosing a photo, the sbrick doesnt show any new image chosen.  howeve, using "take photo" option works.  What is wrong with it?

Please advise.

Phone: Mi Max

android OS: v6.01

• 13 posts
    December 22, 2016 12:14 AM CET

With the new version without the "Exit" button, to quit the application I have to press the system "Home" button and then remove the app from the running apps list. Here are three exit methods I've seen implemented in other apps; one of them could be used in future versions of the SBrick app:

• Normal "Back" button, like the SBrick Simple Control app;
    • Press "Back" twice in a quick sucession (making a popup appear saying "Press Back again to exit") upon the first button press;
    • Hold down the "Back" button.

Unfortunately, this new version still can't detect any SBricks when running on my Shield Tablet K1; on the Xperia Z1 Compact it still works.

• 164 posts
    December 20, 2016 4:24 PM CET

Yes, it has been removed. We have got some request both from apple and google about the remove of exit button because the mobil developer guidlines prohibit the exit button. This is the trend nowadays, the most popular applications don't have exit button.