Forums » Support

Back To Topics

Profile Designer

• 143 posts
    April 5, 2019 2:40 PM CEST

Profile Designer 1.4.96 is out now, with new addition to the Output values:

- Auto Brake: Now you can set the control's behaviour after you release it.

- Output Curve: Set the sensibility of the slider and the joystick.

• 3 posts
    April 4, 2019 2:47 PM CEST
    Lénárd Pásztor said:
    Allen K said:
    Lénárd Pásztor said:
    Allen K said:

Hello, 

I have recently designed and saved a new private controller profile, but my phone (Samsung galaxy s9+) can't see it.

How could this happen? How can I solve this problem?

Kind Regards

A.K.

Hi Allen,

please check the profile aspect ratio, I think it is not match with your phone.

How do I check my phone's aspect ratio?

You can check in the app. In the creation settings - profiles - my profiles section.

Thanks!

• 340 posts
    April 2, 2019 11:46 AM CEST
    Allen K said:
    Lénárd Pásztor said:
    Allen K said:

Hello, 

I have recently designed and saved a new private controller profile, but my phone (Samsung galaxy s9+) can't see it.

Kind Regards

A.K.

Hi Allen,

You can check in the app. In the creation settings - profiles - my profiles section.

• 3 posts
    April 1, 2019 11:29 PM CEST
    Lénárd Pásztor said:
    Allen K said:

Hello, 

Kind Regards

A.K.

Hi Allen,

• 340 posts
    April 1, 2019 12:08 PM CEST
    Allen K said:

Hello, 

Kind Regards

A.K.

Hi Allen,

• 3 posts
    March 28, 2019 1:01 PM CET

Hello, 

Kind Regards

A.K.

This post was edited by Allen K at March 29, 2019 11:50 AM CET
  • January 27, 2019 5:45 PM CET

Hello,

I have a normal RC car with driving and steering function. In the sbrick designer I tried additionally to implement a automatic driving sequence ( 1 sec forward and 1 sec backward driving), when a button is pressed. But this did not work. In the sbrick app I got the error-message, that the button is not connected with a motor-channel. Yes that is true, but it is not nessessary, because it is indirectly connected (via a ciruit and a sequence that at the end modifies the value of the driving joystick). Has someone a solution for this problem?

With regards,

Reinhard

• 340 posts
    January 24, 2019 2:58 PM CET
    Karel Pitelka said:

Hello,

in profile designer is not version for 42043S Mercedes-Benz Arocs in ratio 18,5:9 . Is it possible to get used drivers images somewhere? I have phone samsung A8 .

You can copy the profile to your private group. Then you can transform to other ratio.

• 1 posts
    January 6, 2019 9:12 PM CET

Hello,

in profile designer is not version for 42043S Mercedes-Benz Arocs in ratio 18,5:9 . Is it possible to get used drivers images somewhere? I have phone samsung A8 .

• 340 posts
    January 4, 2019 1:12 PM CET
    Bent Devreker said:

hello,

I'm having difficulties in setting my Sbrick's up but I can't seem to find the solution.

I am building a WW1 tank which uses a clutch steer system (meaning if you turn a direction, the other track stops and cannot go in the other direction, 0° turns are not possible) at the moment I am using 1 Sbrick to power 4 motors (2x XL & 2 x M), I need to use all 4 motor at the same time to operate:

- Forward: 2 x XL moving forward (power) & 2 x M moving forward. (clutch - engaging the drive)

- Backward: 2 X XL moving backwards (power) & 2 x M moving forward (Clutch - engaging the drive)

- Left & Right: 2 x XL moving forwards/backwards & 1 x M moving forward (clutch - engaging drive) & 1 x M moving backwards (clutch - blocking drive)

I have a Joystick in my drive profile to do this but I can only connect the 4 motors to 1 function? is it possible to connect these motors to 2 functions, if so how do I do this and can I somehow "program" something so that i can control what each motor needs to do at a certain movement?

Sounds a great and complicated setup, I like it. :) I ask the developers about that.

• 37 posts
    January 3, 2019 10:50 PM CET

Currently, two circuits cannot operate the same channel.  However, two controls can operate a channel.  See my posts below requesting the implementation of multiple circuits operating on the same channel.

• 3 posts
    January 3, 2019 10:34 PM CET

hello,

I'm having difficulties in setting my Sbrick's up but I can't seem to find the solution.

I am building a WW1 tank which uses a clutch steer system (meaning if you turn a direction, the other track stops and cannot go in the other direction, 0° turns are not possible) at the moment I am using 1 Sbrick to power 4 motors (2x XL & 2 x M), I need to use all 4 motor at the same time to operate:

- Forward: 2 x XL moving forward (power) & 2 x M moving forward. (clutch - engaging the drive)

- Backward: 2 X XL moving backwards (power) & 2 x M moving forward (Clutch - engaging the drive)

- Left & Right: 2 x XL moving forwards/backwards & 1 x M moving forward (clutch - engaging drive) & 1 x M moving backwards (clutch - blocking drive)

I have a Joystick in my drive profile to do this but I can only connect the 4 motors to 1 function? is it possible to connect these motors to 2 functions, if so how do I do this and can I somehow "program" something so that i can control what each motor needs to do at a certain movement?

• 2 posts
    December 26, 2018 9:24 PM CET
    Lénárd Pásztor said:

Sounds interesting. Can you send some photos about the creation and your profile ID to the info at sbrick.com please?

I've sent information to info@sbrick.com

• 340 posts
    December 25, 2018 8:03 PM CET
    Kirill Mazurov said:

Hello! I've created a model with three S-Bricks and building instructions. I've created control profile, but I can't do it "public". Is it possible to share my profile with other users?

Hi!

Sounds interesting. Can you send some photos about the creation and your profile ID to the info at sbrick.com please?

• 2 posts
    December 24, 2018 7:25 AM CET

Hello! I've created a model with three S-Bricks and building instructions. I've created control profile, but I can't do it "public". Is it possible to share my profile with other users?

• 15 posts
    December 23, 2018 12:51 AM CET

Hi guys,

I have finished the building instruction for the first LEGO Tank with an Air Gun, but I can not publish the ebook, because I can not publish the profiles. The profile designer says that is because of beta....

I will make profiles for any available screen ratio, for tablets and smartphones if they share the same screen ratio. But nobody will be able to use it, because the will not be visible for others then me.

Is there anything to bypass the beta blocker?

• 28 posts
    December 11, 2018 3:59 PM CET
    Thank you :-) I’ll give it a try later.
    • 143 posts
    December 11, 2018 2:00 PM CET

The Profile Designer 1.4.9 is released 
    - with a slightly redesigned start screen
    - and with the ability to transform your profile to another aspect ratio.

You can find this option on the start screen under every profile, but please note, you may need to reorganize and resize the controls on the transformed profile.

The current verison works well with Chrome and Safari, we're going to investigate the compatibility issues with Edge and Firefox soon.

• 1 posts
    November 22, 2018 6:05 PM CET

Hey Guys,

I need some help with (as I thought) an simple problem. But I can’t find the right solution to solve. Maybe you could help me.

What I want to operate is just run an M Motor in one direction (forward) for a timed moment of 2,9 sec. (sequence exists, and works), but after that operation I want exact the same, but reverse with the same M Motor.

Maybe there is a possible solution with an circuit, but I don’t know how to figure it out. One though is to use the slider, an when

I move it upwarts the circuit starts the sequence which runs the motor for 2,9 sec. and when I move it downwarts another circuit starts the 2nd sequence which runs the motor for 2,9 sec in the other direction.

I’m to stupid for that. Any advanced user her, who could help me?

Thanks in advance for your support.

Regards

Marc

• 37 posts
    November 10, 2018 7:14 PM CET

Regarding my previous post about multiple circuits targeting the same channel:  This could be visually represented in profile designer:

1. In the target box for a circuit, place a "*" ahead of each channel in the pop up menu which already is assigned to a circuit.

2. If an already used channel is selected, then a new box appears below and to the left of the target menu.  It lists the circuit(s) that already target the selected channel.  Add an arrow that points from the other circuits to the target menu.  In the documentation area, add the text, "When multiple circuits target the same channel, their output adds together, and is capped at +1, or -1."

Why is this useful?  I'm designing a 4 wheel servo steering vehicle, and will use multiple circuits targeting the same servo channel to switch between normal steering and crab side steering modes.

• 143 posts
    November 10, 2018 12:25 PM CET

At first, I'm working on a tool for the PD where you can alter a profile's aspect ratio (and save it as a copy). After that, I'll going to do this fix for the S9+ and so on.

I hope everything will be released on the first days of the next week.

Thanks for your patience.

• 1 posts
    November 10, 2018 10:27 AM CET

I got my sbrick and spent a few hours trying to get it to work through my phone (Samsung s9+) before realising the screen ratio issue. Are there plans to fix it?

I've managed to get it to work through an old tablet but would prefer to use my phone.

• 37 posts
    November 6, 2018 6:40 AM CET

I'd like to target a given channel with two separate circuits acting on input from two separate controls.  For example I'd like to move the left joystick in the x direction, and have it move a servo.  Then I'd like to move the right joystick in the x direction and have it move the same servo the opposite direction.  Currently, this doesn't work.  I set up two circuits. One is Input: Left Joystick - X, Logic: Linear, Target: "LF Servo".  The "LF Servo" channel is set up in a slider.  The Second circuit is is Input: Right Joystick - X, Logic: Linear, Target: "LF Servo".  Here's what happens.  Nothing works unless I assign the right and left joystick - x to an SBRICK port, wasting two ports.  Then, only the circuit I created last affects the "LF Servo" channel.  Turning off the second circuit allows the first circuit to work.

Is there something I can do to make this work?  If not, please change the circuit behavior programming so that if two different circuits target the same channel, then their output is summed, and capped at +1 or -1.  Please also let a control be active for circuit input when not assigned a port.

• 28 posts
    November 2, 2018 2:27 PM CET

I have an iPhone XS which is 19.5:9, and I have also found that there is no selection for this ratio in designer.

As previously pointed out, in profile designer, choosing 18.5:9 actually creates a 19.5:9 profile?

But then there is no way of filtering these back again other than by choosing ALL.

Please fix the profile ratios in designer.

• 1 posts
    November 2, 2018 1:30 PM CET

Hello,

Got galaxy s8, app says my aspect is 18:5_9. When I create profile in designer and choose 18:5.9 it still creates profile with 19:5.9 aspect ratio. Even your own in designer filter does not show any profiles under 18:5.9. Could you fix that? Would not it be easier for all to be able to select aspect ratio in mobile app too? How can I select my aspect manually. With aspect 18:5_9 I get no public profiles

Regards

Martin