Forums » Support

Back To Topics

Profile Designer

• 270 posts
    January 27, 2016 10:13 AM CET

[blockquote]Paweł Kulfan said:

Hi guys,

I've tried out the new app and it's great, especially new gyro controls. But I think there's a problem with inverting directions when using clinometer - changing directions don't give any results, motors rotate in the same direction, no matter the position of switch :(

[/blockquote]

Hi,

Thanks for the report, we will fix it asap!

• 3 posts
    January 27, 2016 9:58 AM CET

Hi guys,

I've tried out the new app and it's great, especially new gyro controls. But I think there's a problem with inverting directions when using clinometer - changing directions don't give any results, motors rotate in the same direction, no matter the position of switch :(

• 143 posts
    January 25, 2016 1:42 PM CET

Hi Eduard,

I will check your problem later today, and i will post an update about your issues.

We will discuss your suggestions too, thanks for it. :)

This post was edited by Zsolt Szrapkó at January 25, 2016 4:05 PM CET
    • 143 posts
    January 25, 2016 12:54 PM CET

[blockquote]Nick Vlessert said: Trying to make a new profile but somehow if you open the profile designer on a ipad mini the screen for the info is way to far to the bottom so you cant click on the confirm button its almost of the screen [/blockquote]

Hi Nick,

The current PD is not optimized for the touch screen devices. In a later version we will polish the PD for that purpose too.

• 16 posts
    January 25, 2016 9:38 AM CET

Another set of issues and suggestions, related to Designer only.

* Profile is broken on Edit load or Android app load https://designer.sbrick.com/?profile=6571

Here how it looks on preview

And when loaded for edit (big black box is unrelated, redacted chrome infobox)

* Close button don't respond to X/Y/H/W controls in "Numeric" tab; changed values are lost when other control is chosen. Expected - Close button behave like other controls and respond to chnages in "Numeric" tab.

* Sequence ON state resource don't respond to change. To reproduce click on on resouce, default yellow, click on any other color. Resource is not updated. Expected - resource changed.

* Sequence values are rounded down to 1 decimal place. Control step is 2 decimal spaces. E.g. sequence "set" value is 0.33. Switch to another control and to seqence, value is 0.3. Expected - values are stored with 2 decimal spaces.

Suggestions:

* Don't show tutorial as profile option. Now tutorial is shown for every browser.

* Allow to move controls on field with arrow keys.

* Allow "snap to grid" guidelines. Dream for those who want to have "nice" geometrical profiles, such as myself. Video demonstration in CAD software https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhML8oKeGtU

* Allow "border" guidelines, e.g. 10 pixels off each side.

• 16 posts
    January 24, 2016 2:37 PM CET

So far new android app and profile designer is working great.

Here is a bug reports and a suggestion.

Bug reports:

* Button with any output value gives 1 output to port.

For example I have slider for main drive, values from -1 to 1, and no-reset button with output value 0. However when I press the button function connected to port behaves like 1 is sent. Motor drives clockwise full speed, LEDs turn on, and turn off then I press button again.

For one of my functions I made a discrete controls, with 5 buttons making 1, 0.33, 0, -0.33 and -1 values. But all buttons make motor drive as described above.

* Control with same function name don't change each other's state. With the same 5 button setup as above, if I turn on topmost button, others don't "unset". Only latest GUI action change port output and GUI state.

Suggestion:

In function -> port setup, group controls by function name. Or at least assign them same values by default. For my drive slider+brake I use function name Drive, for 5 button function I use name Function1. But each control element is connected to port separately, and by default they even can be different ports.

Browser Google Chrome 47.0.2526.111 m

Profile id from URL 6571

Signle SBrick HW 4.0 FW 4.8

Android app v. 2.0 running on Galaxy Note 3 with Android 4.4.2

This post was edited by -= Lynx =- at January 24, 2016 2:42 PM CET
    • 10 posts
    January 24, 2016 10:53 AM CET

All good now :-) Thank you :-)

[blockquote]Zsolt Szrapkó said:

Adrian, would you be so kind to check it now? I hope it's fixed for now. Thanks for the reporting!

[/blockquote]

• 16 posts
    January 24, 2016 6:50 AM CET

Hello, I tell you to ask something. I want to gain place on my background and make a real command. It's a switch button for switch into two functions : redlights and low beam. I use leds so I wish a button who will do that : On = + - , Off = - +. Inverse polarities can switch two leds functions and bring more reality and space on the background. Of course, I imagine that I will maybe the only one who ask it but I hope you will understand me and give me a reply Best regards

This post was edited by Maxime Boche at January 24, 2016 8:54 PM CET
    • 10 posts
    January 24, 2016 2:15 AM CET
    Trying to make a new profile but somehow if you open the profile designer on a ipad mini the screen for the info is way to far to the bottom so you cant click on the confirm button its almost of the screen
    • 41 posts
    January 24, 2016 12:43 AM CET

Zsolt

In the morning when i install the *new* app for android i was unable to see my profiles in the market, but i saw the public ones. Also in the Profile Designer i was unable to see my old profiles, but i could create a new one. This new profile created in the new profile designer also was imposible to see in the app.

more info in the bottom of the page:

https://social.sbrick.com/forums/topic/29/sbrick-android-app/view/page/37

Now with your new server configuration i can see the old profiles and the new one created in the profile designer, BUT in the android app i CAN'T load My profiles and Publics profiles. In Public profiles the load icon stay forever. My phone is a Samsung Galaxy S3, android 4.3

Is possible that in the android app I CAN SEE and load MY PROFILES and the PUBLICS ones?

** Edit: I just uninstall the app and install again and now i can see both profiles (my profiles and publics ones). Now the only thing to fix is that BIG LAG/DELAY in controls.....with that lag is impossible to play with super cars, crawlers or buggies.

This post was edited by Denis H at January 24, 2016 1:10 AM CET
    • 143 posts
    January 23, 2016 9:53 PM CET

Adrian, would you be so kind to check it now? I hope it's fixed for now. Thanks for the reporting!

• 143 posts
    January 23, 2016 9:12 PM CET

[blockquote]Adrian Wigg said:

Still happening.

Any Profiles created in PD Beta will not let me update the backgrounds in the latest PD. Is there a way around this apart from creating a new profile? Also noticed all the backgrounds I did upload are now missing. Anyway of getting them back?

[/blockquote]

Hi Adrian,

I will look after it soon.

[/blockquote]

That would be great :-)

[/blockquote]

I just deployed a bugfix that might solve your problem too, please check it.

[/blockquote]

[/blockquote]

I see, i'm on it.

[/blockquote]

Okay, i found the problem, and it's about the server configuration. I just sent a ticket to the competent colleague, it will be fixed soon.

• 143 posts
    January 23, 2016 8:39 PM CET

Still happening.

Any Profiles created in PD Beta will not let me update the backgrounds in the latest PD. Is there a way around this apart from creating a new profile? Also noticed all the backgrounds I did upload are now missing. Anyway of getting them back?

[/blockquote]

Hi Adrian,

[/blockquote]

[/blockquote]

[/blockquote]

[/blockquote]

I see, i'm on it.

• 10 posts
    January 23, 2016 8:36 PM CET

Still happening.

[/blockquote]

Hi Adrian,

[/blockquote]

[/blockquote]

[/blockquote]

• January 23, 2016 7:32 PM CET
    Changed to 16:9 and it worked. Thank you.
    • 143 posts
    January 23, 2016 6:01 PM CET

[blockquote]Kenneth Ostromek said: [blockquote]Zsolt Szrapkó said:

[blockquote]Kenneth Ostromek said: Got Profile Designer working, thanks. Now when I save my creation, why isn't it linking to the Android app? I have update the app and my Chrome browser. [/blockquote]

What do you think on the linking? The created profile isn't showing on the App?

If it's the case: Are you sure you setted up the profile with the proper aspect ratio?

[/blockquote] I am using galaxy S5 and ratio is set to 4:3 which should be correct. If not, please let me know and I will change it[/blockquote]

That model has a 16:9 aspect ratio. The 4:3 is used by Apple for the iPad or the latest Galaxy Tab also features this aspect ratio.

• January 23, 2016 5:07 PM CET

[blockquote]Kenneth Ostromek said: Got Profile Designer working, thanks. Now when I save my creation, why isn't it linking to the Android app? I have update the app and my Chrome browser. [/blockquote]

If it's the case: Are you sure you setted up the profile with the proper aspect ratio?

[/blockquote] I am using galaxy S5 and ratio is set to 4:3 which should be correct. If not, please let me know and I will change it
    • 143 posts
    January 23, 2016 4:25 PM CET

[/blockquote]

Hi Adrian,

[/blockquote]

[/blockquote]

• 10 posts
    January 23, 2016 11:12 AM CET

[/blockquote]

Hi Adrian,

[/blockquote]

• 143 posts
    January 23, 2016 11:07 AM CET

[/blockquote]

Hi Adrian,

• 10 posts
    January 23, 2016 11:04 AM CET

This post was edited by Adrian Wigg at January 23, 2016 11:05 AM CET
    • 143 posts
    January 23, 2016 10:58 AM CET

• January 23, 2016 3:10 AM CET
    Got Profile Designer working, thanks. Now when I save my creation, why isn't it linking to the Android app? I have update the app and my Chrome browser.
    • 143 posts
    January 23, 2016 12:34 AM CET

[blockquote]Kenneth Ostromek said: Can you maybe eliminate the quickstart popup when the program loads? [/blockquote]

You can make it disable when you're on the last page. Watch it before hit the finish button.

• January 23, 2016 12:29 AM CET
    Can you maybe eliminate the quickstart popup when the program loads?