Forums » Support

Back To Topics

Profile Designer

• 7 posts
    August 6, 2015 8:59 AM CEST

Hi from Germany!

I have got my two sbricks on Thuesday this week.

After I have created  a Testing Profile and saved it, it will not be shown on my IPhone 5s,  Marketplace "My own creation". So how can it be downloaded?

I'm signed in.

Thank' a lot

Greetings

• 143 posts
    July 6, 2015 10:00 AM CEST

[blockquote]Marc Jaouen said:

I think it's worth doubling this post:

For those who, like me with a Galaxy Note tablet, experienced dismorphed controls (ugly oval joysticks, rectangle squares, etc...), it is caused by the 16:10 screen dimensions (1280 x 800 in my case). With my new phone that has a 1280 x 720 screen, circles are round, squares are squares and the controls appear right where I place them in the designer.

I will make a test with pictures that had colors rendering problems with my tablet and see if it works better on the phone.

Is the bug located in the app or in the profile designer ? I can't answer this point...

[/blockquote]

Hi Marc, I'm answered your question in the Android App topic.

• 99 posts
    July 4, 2015 7:06 PM CEST

I think it's worth doubling this post:

For those who, like me with a Galaxy Note tablet, experienced dismorphed controls (ugly oval joysticks, rectangle squares, etc...), it is caused by the 16:10 screen dimensions (1280 x 800 in my case). With my new phone that has a 1280 x 720 screen, circles are round, squares are squares and the controls appear right where I place them in the designer.

I will make a test with pictures that had colors rendering problems with my tablet and see if it works better on the phone.

Is the bug located in the app or in the profile designer ? I can't answer this point...

• 143 posts
    June 29, 2015 12:32 PM CEST

Hi Guys,

In the future, if you encounter any error which has an App related bug, please always give us your device's type and name, and your profile's ID.

This will help us to handle the issues faster, and make the apps more reliable.

Thank you!

• 143 posts
    June 29, 2015 12:06 PM CEST

[blockquote]Arjan Oude Kotte said:

Thanks for the help. I have a Samsung Galaxy S4

[/blockquote]

Well, i don't saw any missconfiguration, or save error on that profile, i thinks that's another android related problem. I going to report it to the app developers.

• June 29, 2015 11:49 AM CEST

Thanks for the help. I have a Samsung Galaxy S4

• 143 posts
    June 29, 2015 11:45 AM CEST

I did not change any values, I was going to so I could let the motors run at about 60% when max. this is the profile=2838 number

[/blockquote]

Thanks, I'm looking into it. Just one more question, which device do you use for the SBrick app?

• June 29, 2015 11:42 AM CEST

I did not change any values, I was going to so I could let the motors run at about 60% when max. this is the profile=2838 number

This post was edited by Arjan Oude Kotte at June 29, 2015 11:42 AM CEST
    • 143 posts
    June 29, 2015 11:29 AM CEST

Hi there, I have created a profile with 3 sliders and a joystick. At first everything worked well but now the sliders are working in a different way. The button is in the middle but, when I slide to the right the motors start turnning slow and will go to max when the button is slided all the way to the right. When i slide the button to the left the motors ar fully powered and when the button is slided to the full left they are at their slowest speed. I deleted the profile and created a new one but that is not helping.

There are also 2 buttons. At first you could hust press them and they would stay on. Now you have to press them and then slide your finger of off them to get them on. otherwise they just go out immediately.

[/blockquote]

Hi Arjan,

Do you changed the minimum and the maximum values. I can't think to anything else about that issue. Or maybe thats a hardware (PF motor) issue... Can you tell me your profile's number? (It's the number of the browser url's end)

• June 28, 2015 1:11 AM CEST

Hi there, I have created a profile with 3 sliders and a joystick. At first everything worked well but now the sliders are working in a different way. The button is in the middle but, when I slide to the right the motors start turnning slow and will go to max when the button is slided all the way to the right. When i slide the button to the left the motors ar fully powered and when the button is slided to the full left they are at their slowest speed. I deleted the profile and created a new one but that is not helping.

There are also 2 buttons. At first you could hust press them and they would stay on. Now you have to press them and then slide your finger of off them to get them on. otherwise they just go out immediately.

• 143 posts
    June 26, 2015 3:03 PM CEST

[blockquote]Denis H said:

Thanks...i've already read the wiki.....but the OUTPUT variable is not in the wiki, no info about that specific variable. tha't why i ask you.

Another question: In the profile designer i upload a custom PNG image for the background, but when i download in the app and start to using the image looks color washout. The same image if i look with the gallery image of the phone looks OK....so something is wrong in the app, there is a issue raised for this?. This is happens at least in the 3 last version of the app (before that the app was useless for me, so i can't test).

image in profile designer:

http://postimg.org/image/ilw7wmlgr/

image in sbrick app:

http://postimg.org/image/5vrzjjdij/

[/blockquote]

It looks like another android based problem, I will forward this one too to the app developers.

• 41 posts
    June 23, 2015 5:13 PM CEST

Thanks...i've already read the wiki.....but the OUTPUT variable is not in the wiki, no info about that specific variable. tha't why i ask you.

Another question: In the profile designer i upload a custom PNG image for the background, but when i download in the app and start to using the image looks color washout. The same image if i look with the gallery image of the phone looks OK....so something is wrong in the app, there is a issue raised for this?. This is happens at least in the 3 last version of the app (before that the app was useless for me, so i can't test).

image in profile designer:

http://postimg.org/image/ilw7wmlgr/

image in sbrick app:

http://postimg.org/image/5vrzjjdij/

This post was edited by Denis H at June 23, 2015 5:23 PM CEST
    • 143 posts
    June 23, 2015 5:02 PM CEST

Thanks Zsolt for all the help!!

[/blockquote]

You're welcome!

However, you can find out more in the related wiki page:
    https://social.sbrick.com/wiki/view/pageId/10/slug/user-guide-for-profile-designer

• 41 posts
    June 23, 2015 5:00 PM CEST

Thanks Zsolt for all the help!!

• 143 posts
    June 23, 2015 4:58 PM CEST

Thanks!! now is working.

question not related: The output lines (-1 and 1) for the button type is for the power?  if i put +0,5 , when i press the button the engine will turn at 50% of the power?

[/blockquote]

Yes, exactly.

This post was edited by Zsolt Szrapkó at June 23, 2015 4:59 PM CEST
    • 41 posts
    June 23, 2015 4:56 PM CEST

Thanks!! now is working.

question not related: The output lines (-1 and 1) for the button type is for the power?  if i put +0,5 , when i press the button the engine will turn at 50% of the power?

• 143 posts
    June 23, 2015 4:20 PM CEST

[blockquote]Zsolt Szrapkó said:

There is a problem with the profile designer server???....now i can't see my custom profiles in the smartphone app - market (android). I can log in, but now there is no custom profile.

[/blockquote]

We're investigating the problem right now. I will update the status as soon as I can.

[/blockquote]

We're solved the problem, please logout and login again to see your profiles.

• 143 posts
    June 23, 2015 1:02 PM CEST

There is a problem with the profile designer server???....now i can't see my custom profiles in the smartphone app - market (android). I can log in, but now there is no custom profile.

[/blockquote]

We're investigating the problem right now. I will update the status as soon as I can.

• 41 posts
    June 23, 2015 12:54 PM CEST

• 143 posts
    June 16, 2015 4:19 PM CEST

i'm using the android app. And i'm using in a M-Motor

[/blockquote]

Thank you, i'm forwarding this issue to the android developers.

But what controls those values?? is the range of the sliders?

[/blockquote]

Yes, exactly.

• 41 posts
    June 16, 2015 4:16 PM CEST

i'm using the android app. And i'm using in a M-Motor

But what controls those values?? is the range of the sliders?

This post was edited by Denis H at June 16, 2015 4:17 PM CEST
    • 143 posts
    June 16, 2015 4:09 PM CEST

I have a question.....what does VALUE config under Slider setup?....the default values for minimum and maximum are -1 and 1......but if i change to -0.5 and 0.5 all behaves the same. 

[/blockquote]

It allows you to fine tune these parameters, but the effect can be various, depends on the motor type. I'm just curious, which app do you use?

• 41 posts
    June 16, 2015 3:27 PM CEST

I have a question.....what does VALUE config under Slider setup?....the default values for minimum and maximum are -1 and 1......but if i change to -0.5 and 0.5 all behaves the same. 

• 20 posts
    May 28, 2015 3:39 PM CEST

[blockquote]Christian K. said:

Need light controls realy bad ;-) Any plan when it will be available?

Thanks

[/blockquote]

This is an advanced way to fix that. Change the image of a button to these photos.

https://social.sbrick.com/albums/view/203

• 4 posts
    May 21, 2015 7:12 PM CEST

Need light controls realy bad ;-)

Any plan when it will be available?

Thanks