Forums » Support

Back To Topics

Profile Designer

• 57 posts
    April 16, 2015 8:26 PM CEST

[blockquote]sebastian madsen said:

Hi! ... 

I've been making some Profiles with the SBrick designer, but I can't find the correct screen ratio for my samsung galaxy S5... Do any of you know what screen ratio the Samsung Galaxy S5 has :P :P :P .... 

[/blockquote]

I believe it should be 16:9, which is equal to 1920:1080.

• April 16, 2015 8:16 PM CEST

Hi! ... 

I've been making some Profiles with the SBrick designer, but I can't find the correct screen ratio for my samsung galaxy S5... Do any of you know what screen ratio the Samsung Galaxy S5 has :P :P :P .... 

• 143 posts
    April 16, 2015 2:48 PM CEST

[blockquote]Allan Clausen said:

I have challenged the Profile Designer today.

I have made a profile where i have 3 Joysticks, 8 Sliders and 2 buttons.

While working in the profile designer, i experienced some very odd things.

When i added a new slider or button, and changed the name in the settings for the new function, the name didn't appear in the upper line for the new slider/button, but instead 5 lines below in a former added function. When trying to change the design, it also "jumped" to the 5. line below, and without knowing, i was then changing the design in the wrong line.

Saving the profile didn't help the problem, but exiting the editor to the frontpage, and entering the profile editor again, seem to make the profile look right.

Using Google Chrome on PC to edit profile, and Ipad mini for the App.

[/blockquote]

Hi Allan, can you provide a profile ID for us? I want to debug this situation.

• 13 posts
    April 16, 2015 1:34 PM CEST

I have challenged the Profile Designer today.

I have made a profile where i have 3 Joysticks, 8 Sliders and 2 buttons.

While working in the profile designer, i experienced some very odd things.

When i added a new slider or button, and changed the name in the settings for the new function, the name didn't appear in the upper line for the new slider/button, but instead 5 lines below in a former added function. When trying to change the design, it also "jumped" to the 5. line below, and without knowing, i was then changing the design in the wrong line.

Saving the profile didn't help the problem, but exiting the editor to the frontpage, and entering the profile editor again, seem to make the profile look right.

Using Google Chrome on PC to edit profile, and Ipad mini for the App.

This post was edited by Allan Clausen at April 16, 2015 1:39 PM CEST
    • 143 posts
    April 16, 2015 12:44 PM CEST

Hi Guys, I just reported this bugs to the android developers. It looks like an app bug, since the profiles (my oldest one too) are works fine on iOS. Sorry for the inconvenience, we're working hard to get things right.

• 99 posts
    April 16, 2015 11:18 AM CEST

I fully agree, Fernando, we are testers more than users as for now, and workarounds are not solutions.

This slider issue is annoying, it seems I've been lucky !!

Marc

• 57 posts
    April 16, 2015 3:00 AM CEST

Hi Marc,

I wouldn't say my slider is too close to the edges of the screen. It is pretty in the center.

I understand how the multiple instances problem happens and I've done something similar to avoid it, but that's not the way it should work.

App should sync with PD server and remove obsolete Profiles automatically, to avoid annoying problems like this. User shouldn't need to have a system tester mindset to find the bugs and think how to circumvent them. :)

This post was edited by Fernando Correia at April 16, 2015 3:01 AM CEST
    • 99 posts
    April 16, 2015 2:21 AM CEST

[blockquote]Fernando Correia said:

Also found that adding a rotated Slider to a Profile, seems to corrupt this. App always crashes trying to open a Profile which includes a rotated Slider.

[/blockquote]

Fernando, did you check that your rotated slider was not too close to the side of the screen? I had the same problem (app crashing with a rotated slider), until I placed the slider in the center of the screen.

Since there are coordinates management issues (the objects are not exactly where you place them in the PD), my slider was in fact "out of the screen", and that caused the app to crash.

As for multiple instances of the profiles: I think the app makes a local copy of the profile stored on the server. If you update the profile without changing the name, the app creates a new copy, hence the multiple local occurences. It's "logical"...

I "solved" that by indexing my profile (Sbrick1, Sbrick2, etc...) using the drop box at the top of the screen (between the resources icon and the floppy icon) at each modification. I still had multiple profiles when assigning one to my MOC, but at least, I knew which was which.

In the end, I had to delete cache+data to empty this list, re-create the MOC and I have now an acceptable situation.

But for sure, I would not do that a thousand times ;)

Marc

• 57 posts
    April 15, 2015 11:34 PM CEST

Also when we start facing issues with corrupt Profiles, it seems the only way to get any Profile working again, is to uninstall and install the App again.

Clearing the App cache and Data rarely seems to help recovering from the issues (chaos), if any...

• 57 posts
    April 15, 2015 11:23 PM CEST

Hi,

I think to have found possible root causes for some important errors I've been facing for some time.

I'm using Android App, and don't know whether these also happen for iOS.

People including myself, has been complaining of multiple instances of the Profiles, when it comes to add a Profile to one Creation.

I've found thios always happen if one changes a Profile, but do not unload it from the Market (in the App). So what I started to do is to remove the Profile from my Creation and then Unload it. Then change the Profile, Download it again and re-assign to the Creation. Then it works!!
    I think you should solve this at the App side, as it is very inconvenient.

I'm not sure anymore, but I think the App always chashes if there are multiple instances of the same Profile (resulting from the issue above), when on tries to launch a Creation.
    Solving the first problem should eliminate this anyway.

Eventually this problem is also related with so many functions appearing to assign to SBrick ports, one have multiple custom profiles download.
    Or maybe it is and idependent problem, but it is also very, ver annoying.

Also found that adding a rotated Slider to a Profile, seems to corrupt this. App always crashes trying to open a Profile which includes a rotated Slider.
    If a Profile is corrupted once it seems there is no way to fix it, even deleting, fixing and downloading againg from the Market.
    Only creating a new Profile with a different name!
    Deleting and creating a good Profile with the same name, seems to cause App crash always. Difficult to be sure about all these conclusions, since it seems to be several cross effects/errors here!?

Rotated Sliders were working and displaying fine wih previous PD!

Rotated Joysticks do not cause the App to crash, but they still do not display rotated in the App.

Also miss the capability to edit some properties value via the text boses, like the rotation.

Hope it helps us all! :)

• 143 posts
    April 15, 2015 3:36 PM CEST

[blockquote]Marc Jaouen said:

Hi :)

A lot better now. I was not able to edit the controls until now, this new version worked OK - at least with Chrome.

Upcoming features : "Manual settings (X/Y coordinates, size parameters and more)". Yes, anyone who has designed something with VB and its followers knows it's the easiest way to design something clean.

"If you find any bug, just drop it in here, thank you!" Just a small display issue : after changing the background picture, the "Close" button became invisible. Probably a matter of display order. It came back after clicking here and there. Will try to reproduce the bug if I can, I think you need something more precise than "sometimes something goes wrong" ;)

Too bad the Android app can't see the profiles I create, but that's another story...

Marc

[/blockquote]

Hi Marc,

The Manual Settings comes tomorrow. :)

About the Close button bug: thanks for the report, it was a position issue, occured by a misconfigured X/Y coordinate reading. Fixed, and released.

• 99 posts
    April 15, 2015 1:54 PM CEST

Hi :)

A lot better now. I was not able to edit the controls until now, this new version worked OK - at least with Chrome.

Upcoming features : "Manual settings (X/Y coordinates, size parameters and more)". Yes, anyone who has designed something with VB and its followers knows it's the easiest way to design something clean.

"If you find any bug, just drop it in here, thank you!" Just a small display issue : after changing the background picture, the "Close" button became invisible. Probably a matter of display order. It came back after clicking here and there. Will try to reproduce the bug if I can, I think you need something more precise than "sometimes something goes wrong" ;)

Too bad the Android app can't see the profiles I create, but that's another story...

Marc

• 143 posts
    April 14, 2015 4:29 PM CEST

Hi guys,

Firstly, apologize about the lack of updates about the Profile Designer, but we realized that our current canvas engine is not as flexible as we want. We decide to change the canvas handler library to Fabric.js. If you're courius about the a feature set, what's fabric.js has, you can check it out on the project's site: http://fabricjs.com

So, here's the 1.9beta changelog:
    Main screen:
    - Your profiles list is now shows the newest on top.

Designer:
    - If you add a new control, the designer will open it's settings automatic.
    - If you moves out a cursor from the settings panel into the Control list, the settings panel slides back a little to provide better seeing to the controls.
    - The orientation parameters is now form -360 to 360 degree.
    - Smoother control images on the workspace area
    - Better resizing on the workspace area
    - Better rotation from right on the workspace area
    - Better upload process visualization

Upcoming features:
    - Manual settings (X/Y coordinates, size parameters and more)
    - Undo/Redo
    - Ruler
    - Redesigned resource handler

If you find any bug, just drop it in here, thank you!

• 4 posts
    April 3, 2015 10:38 PM CEST

Hallo everybody, I just started with my new SBrick and I have a small issue. I have drive motors connected to channel A and B and want to controll them with 1 slider.

I have a simple profile > slider 1 = drive, slider 2 = steer, slider 3 = front winch.

Now I want channel A and B (both drive channels) to be controlled by slider 1. I can configure this in the channel settings in the app and it seems to be ok but when I want to controll my MOC only channel A reacts to the slider. Channel B does not react.

If I do a channel test in the app, every channel works seperately, just not with the slider.

what am I doing wrong here? is this function not working the way I configured it?

can I set more channels to be controlled by 1 slider or can I join 2 sliders to be controlled as 1?

anybody has some suggestions?

• 143 posts
    April 3, 2015 3:10 PM CEST

[blockquote]Jens Heyer said: Hi guys! I want to ask when we will get a flashlight function or brakelights or backwards driving lights for the profiledesigner? Can we hope for it in the next time?[/blockquote]

I hope we can drop these things into the beta2 phase, coming in this month.

• 13 posts
    March 31, 2015 11:16 PM CEST
    Hi guys! I want to ask when we will get a flashlight function or brakelights or backwards driving lights for the profiledesigner?
    Can we hope for it in the next time?
    • 143 posts
    March 30, 2015 11:32 AM CEST

[blockquote]Fabrice Rodi said:

Hi, is it possible to have min and max value parameter for the joystick ?

Thank you.

[/blockquote]

Currently no, but we're going to talk about it with the app developers about this feature.

• 1 posts
    March 28, 2015 5:47 PM CET

Hi, is it possible to have min and max value parameter for the joystick ?

Thank you.

• 143 posts
    March 23, 2015 4:26 PM CET

[blockquote]Jean-luc Vitre said:

Hi,

I made a quickly interface for my 42009 and i have a problem with the sliders buttons .. When i load the profile, buttons aren't at the right place (they are sometimes in right, sometimes in left but never centered)

How can i do for having the good position ? Is it a bug ? 

[/blockquote]

Hi,

Where do you experencie the problem? At the PD or in the Android/iOS app?

• 5 posts
    March 23, 2015 12:04 PM CET

Hi,

I made a quickly interface for my 42009 and i have a problem with the sliders buttons .. When i load the profile, buttons aren't at the right place (they are sometimes in right, sometimes in left but never centered)

How can i do for having the good position ? Is it a bug ?

• 143 posts
    March 20, 2015 12:34 PM CET

[blockquote]Tanja Causemann said:

@ Zsolt Szrakpó

I'm logged in and the screen ratio is correct.
    I also can download the profile in the Android SBrick App 0.8 (market; my profiles).

But I can't  linked the profil in my creation because it does not shown (my creation; linkes profiles). What can I do?

Best regards.

[/blockquote]

It's seems to be an android application bug. I'm push this to the developers toward.

• 7 posts
    March 19, 2015 4:54 PM CET

@ Zsolt Szrakpó

I'm logged in and the screen ratio is correct.
    I also can download the profile in the Android SBrick App 0.8 (market; my profiles).

But I can't  linked the profil in my creation because it does not shown (my creation; linkes profiles). What can I do?

Best regards.

This post was edited by Tanja Causemann at March 19, 2015 4:56 PM CET
    • 20 posts
    March 17, 2015 3:11 PM CET

[blockquote]Frederic Ayrault said:

I also tried again NXT45 R. train profile (https://social.sbrick.com/videos/7730/96/sbrick-reset-profile)

when I press the button (the slidder position does not matters) the first time the motor spin at full speed

Thank you

XNXT45 RX

[/blockquote]

Hi Sorry for the late reply but you need to put the output on the button equal to 0.

This post was edited by NXT45 R. at March 17, 2015 3:15 PM CET
    • 143 posts
    March 17, 2015 2:44 PM CET

I'm glad to hear that, have fun! :)

• 6 posts
    March 17, 2015 2:36 PM CET
    At least it works! I have updated the firmware and installed the latest App. All fine. Thanks for your support and patience. Best regards.