Forums » Support

Back To Topics

Profile Designer

• 36 posts
    February 18, 2015 5:14 PM CET

Guys,

The PD and the new 3.6.3 work seamlessly together! The new appd did nto even crash for me and loaded my previously created profiles even! GREAT JOB!

I suggest to look into the aspect ratio open item: make sure what one can see in the designer is not get distorted (oval joysticks especially look weird) on the phone.

Please keep us updated.

• 34 posts
    February 18, 2015 2:54 PM CET

[blockquote]Matty Waitland said: I made a desing but i cant get any on my smartphone (iphone 5s)[/blockquote]

It was a bug, we fixed it. Please try again.

• 36 posts
    February 18, 2015 4:47 AM CET

[blockquote]Matty Waitland said: I made a desing but i cant get any on my smartphone (iphone 5s)[/blockquote]

Hi Matty,

I may want to apply the suggested aspect ratio for your phone, in your case it is 16:9, otherwise your new profile will not appear on the list of available profiles, see www.iosres.com for further info.

I hope it helps.

Peter

• February 18, 2015 3:52 AM CET
    I made a desing but i cant get any on my smartphone (iphone 5s)
    • 36 posts
    February 16, 2015 9:35 PM CET

Hi,

I continued testing the Designer with an iPhone 4S. Please find my findings in a nutshell: mostly good news:-)

#1.

The designer seems to be stable and faster than it used to be. It saves the profiles and the new or any updated versions become available on the phone quickly. Congrats!

#2.

I have previously reported an issue with the "Close" button, it was not visible on the app, while it looked ok in the designer. I have discovered, that using a transparent close button (in front of a colorful background), it becomes invisible. I have changed the button style to a fully-painted one, and it works now. So, at least it is a workaround! Still would be good to investigate.

#3.

As posted in an earlier thread, it would be good to have an updated compatibility map for the varios phones and aspect ratios (I know, it is quite a work!) that can be uploaded onto the wiki. Now, I am able to apply the 16:9 ratio (only) for my iPhone 4S, but the joystick circle became oval shapes. The final version should not be expected to do it, I guess.

Altogether, I can happily experience much improvement mainly in the stability and the response time of the designer now. Thank you guys!!!!

• 36 posts
    February 16, 2015 8:45 PM CET

[blockquote]Jakob Peterhänsel said:

In case you don't know your screen aspect ration:

http://www.iosres.com

[/blockquote]

Hi,

The only aspect that works for iPhone 4S (2013 model) is the 16:9. That is bad, because the PD distorts the images (e.g. the joystick becomes an oval shape). Would be good to know, if there are any other ratios that will better suit the size of the phone in the future.

Peter

• 2 posts
    February 16, 2015 7:39 PM CET

hi

designer is great and does what it should 

resources should have labels below it

link sliders with each-other

i.e. an excavator - chains must be in move both at the same time

joistick should also worj for excavator

up - two motor forward

right - one motor forward the other backwards 

tx - great work

• 13 posts
    February 15, 2015 9:38 AM CET

[blockquote]Peter Subert said: Hi guys, A few recent observations about the PD: #1: I have created some 3:2 ratio profiles for my iPhone 4S. None of them show up in the market, only the 16:9 ones?! Why is that? Regards, Peter Rgds, Peter #2 I have created a "close" button in the profile, but it disappears from the screen when a re-open the profile the 3rd time. Any ideas, please?[/blockquote]

#1 If only 16:9 shows on you Iphone 4S, then this is the suitable ratio for you phone. you won't be able to see profiles created in other ratios, untill the team opens up for as Tamas wrote earlier. I have asked them to make a list on what ratio is suitable for the different devices, but i know it is a huge task, with all the different devices that uses Android f. ex.

When i logged into Market on my Ipad the first time, i believe i saw a prompt that told me that the ratio for a Ipad 3 was 4:3. And i can only see profiles on my ipad i have created in that Ratio

#2 The Sbrick Team is aware of the problem, and they are working on it. 

• 36 posts
    February 15, 2015 9:18 AM CET
    Hi guys,

A few recent observations about the PD:

#1:
    I have created some 3:2 ratio profiles for my iPhone 4S. None of them show up in the market, only the 16:9 ones?!
    Why is that?
    Regards,
    Peter

Rgds,
    Peter

I have created a "close" button in the profile, but it disappears from the screen when a re-open the profile the 3rd time. Any ideas, please?
    • 178 posts
    February 14, 2015 7:42 PM CET

We're going to make all profiles available on all devices. It was easier - and therefore faster - to restrict the use of profiles only on screens that fit (almost) perfectly.

• 10 posts
    February 14, 2015 7:14 PM CET

Hi guys,

Will it be possible to have a button in pd to change the ratio of the profiles; 4:3 for my iphone 4s and 16:9 for ipod 5?? would be useful so you don't need to make the profile twice.

thanks, Caoimhin

• 20 posts
    February 14, 2015 2:50 PM CET

[blockquote]Peter Subert said:

Adding to the story:

I have had to reset both the brick and the phone several times, not it works with some profiles.

Still having a weird issue: the profile I created for the iPhone (3:2 ratio) is not showing up in my profiles, while the other one, and only this one (ratio 16:9) is there and it works.

Any ideas are welcome (again):-)

Peter

[/blockquote]

I see your problem. The larger iphones, possibly newer then the 4S, are 16:9 ratio.

This post was edited by NXT45 R. at February 17, 2015 2:50 AM CET
    • 178 posts
    February 14, 2015 11:33 AM CET

Hi everyone,

TL;DR: sorry for the hiccup, the designer should work now. Refresh this page, and then go to the designer.

I apologize for this. During the delivery of some minor patches to the social platform, the session cooke settings were mistakenly overwritten. The profile designer authenticates from the session cookie, and if you don't have the proper session cookie (e.g. you're not logged in to the social platform), you can't use the profile designer.

The mishap with the settings file caused the session cookies to have the wrong domain "social.sbrick.com" instead of ".sbrick.com".

We did not realize this until everyone old (and still good) cookies started to expire, and the "designer.sbrick.com" domain stopped receiving your cookies.

I've patched the social engine to resend the appropriate cookie at every request with the right domain.

If you read this, you should have the right cookie, and the designer should work.

We've tried this with multiple accounts and browsers, so it's reasonably likely that this fix works for everyone. In case it doesn't, please clear your cookies manually. If the problem persists, please write here.

• 4 posts
    February 14, 2015 9:58 AM CET

@ Peter: Same here. Cant login to the Profile Designer anymore... :(

You guys have a great Product but a very crapy App :(

• 36 posts
    February 13, 2015 7:48 PM CET

Hi Folks,

I tried to log in into the Designer today. typed in my existing login credentials, instead of taking me to the application, it takes me to the landing page of the social forum instead! Is someone from the dev team is aware of this, please? Clearing browser cache did not help much.

Thanks,

Peter

• 36 posts
    February 13, 2015 7:29 PM CET

Adding to the story:

I have had to reset both the brick and the phone several times, not it works with some profiles.

Still having a weird issue: the profile I created for the iPhone (3:2 ratio) is not showing up in my profiles, while the other one, and only this one (ratio 16:9) is there and it works.

Any ideas are welcome (again):-)

Peter

• 36 posts
    February 13, 2015 7:14 PM CET

Hi,

I have recently joined the TestFlight. I have created profiles both for the iPhone 4S and the iPad2 with the sugegsted aspect ratios.

My brief findings:

1. I can see only one profile (the one created for the iPad2), while I wanted to see the one I created for the iPhone. I have read on this forum, that the app automatically recognizes the device and selects only the profile with the appropriate profile settings. Apaprently, there is something wrong around here.

2. I wanted to connect the SBrick, but the app has just quit upon selection of the profile (wanted to check the port tester). Re-booted the phone, deleted all profiles and re-entered them from scratch, no results so far.:-(. Whenever I try to enter a standard profile to configure the channels, the app quits.

I am over several reboots and complete resets.

Any ideas are very welcome:-)

Peter

• 143 posts
    February 13, 2015 5:30 PM CET

Today FIXES:

- If you have profiles with 4:3 aspect ratio You need to remove, and recreate your Joysticks to get circle shape. Sorry for that.
    - If you experienced that some of your setted controls are missing from the apps, you have to save your profile, and download the updated version in the Apps. After that, it must be fixed.

• 41 posts
    February 13, 2015 5:21 PM CET

Now PD works!! i can make and save correctly my profiles, BUT with a useless android app (the official and the simple one) is only a webpage to drag and drop objects.

• 143 posts
    February 13, 2015 12:13 PM CET

[blockquote]juerg siegenthaler said:

Is it possible to add some text-field to mark the Sliders etc??

[/blockquote]

I think in the future yes, i can imagine a functionality like that.

Is it also possible to add a copie button to copie a profile

[/blockquote]

Currently no, but we are working on it.

and finally an update button to mark the profile as updated, so in the android app the profile will shown as changed.
    [/blockquote]

It's an APP miss function thing, please report it here: https://social.sbrick.com/forums/topic/29/sbrick-android-app/view/page/11

This post was edited by Zsolt Szrapkó at February 13, 2015 12:15 PM CET
  • February 12, 2015 10:40 PM CET

Is it possible to add some text-field to mark the Sliders etc??

Is it also possible to add a copie button to copie a profile

and finally an update button to mark the profile as updated, so in the android app the profile will shown as changed.

• 20 posts
    February 12, 2015 4:51 PM CET

Hello. What is optimal for the PD for an image format and size?
    And what is better than JPG for a file format ??

[/blockquote]

To get the best background quality for this profile you should upload and use images with 1920*1080 resolution.

The best format is PNG.

• February 12, 2015 4:03 PM CET
    Hello. What is optimal for the PD for an image format and size?
    And what is better than JPG for a file format ??

This post was edited by juerg siegenthaler at February 12, 2015 4:04 PM CET
    • 20 posts
    February 11, 2015 7:57 PM CET

[blockquote]Conor Davies said:

Thanks, NXT 45 R,

that looks really good.

I'll give it a go.

Now, for your next challenge, can you make the slider reset to its 'zero' position when the reset button is pressed? :)

Conor

[/blockquote]

Thanks! It took a while to figure it out.

Sadly no. It would have to be programmed into the app somehow. (Like the port tester)

• 21 posts
    February 11, 2015 7:12 PM CET

Thanks, NXT 45 R,

that looks really good.

I'll give it a go.

Now, for your next challenge, can you make the slider reset to its 'zero' position when the reset button is pressed? :)

Conor