Forums » Support

Back To Topics

Profile Designer

• 143 posts
    April 14, 2015 4:29 PM CEST

Hi guys,

Firstly, apologize about the lack of updates about the Profile Designer, but we realized that our current canvas engine is not as flexible as we want. We decide to change the canvas handler library to Fabric.js. If you're courius about the a feature set, what's fabric.js has, you can check it out on the project's site: http://fabricjs.com

So, here's the 1.9beta changelog:
    Main screen:
    - Your profiles list is now shows the newest on top.

Designer:
    - If you add a new control, the designer will open it's settings automatic.
    - If you moves out a cursor from the settings panel into the Control list, the settings panel slides back a little to provide better seeing to the controls.
    - The orientation parameters is now form -360 to 360 degree.
    - Smoother control images on the workspace area
    - Better resizing on the workspace area
    - Better rotation from right on the workspace area
    - Better upload process visualization

Upcoming features:
    - Manual settings (X/Y coordinates, size parameters and more)
    - Undo/Redo
    - Ruler
    - Redesigned resource handler

If you find any bug, just drop it in here, thank you!

• 4 posts
    April 3, 2015 10:38 PM CEST

Hallo everybody, I just started with my new SBrick and I have a small issue. I have drive motors connected to channel A and B and want to controll them with 1 slider.

I have a simple profile > slider 1 = drive, slider 2 = steer, slider 3 = front winch.

Now I want channel A and B (both drive channels) to be controlled by slider 1. I can configure this in the channel settings in the app and it seems to be ok but when I want to controll my MOC only channel A reacts to the slider. Channel B does not react.

If I do a channel test in the app, every channel works seperately, just not with the slider.

what am I doing wrong here? is this function not working the way I configured it?

can I set more channels to be controlled by 1 slider or can I join 2 sliders to be controlled as 1?

anybody has some suggestions?

• 143 posts
    April 3, 2015 3:10 PM CEST

[blockquote]Jens Heyer said: Hi guys! I want to ask when we will get a flashlight function or brakelights or backwards driving lights for the profiledesigner? Can we hope for it in the next time?[/blockquote]

I hope we can drop these things into the beta2 phase, coming in this month.

• 13 posts
    March 31, 2015 11:16 PM CEST
    Hi guys! I want to ask when we will get a flashlight function or brakelights or backwards driving lights for the profiledesigner?
    Can we hope for it in the next time?
    • 143 posts
    March 30, 2015 11:32 AM CEST

[blockquote]Fabrice Rodi said:

Hi, is it possible to have min and max value parameter for the joystick ?

Thank you.

[/blockquote]

Currently no, but we're going to talk about it with the app developers about this feature.

• 1 posts
    March 28, 2015 5:47 PM CET

Hi, is it possible to have min and max value parameter for the joystick ?

Thank you.

• 143 posts
    March 23, 2015 4:26 PM CET

[blockquote]Jean-luc Vitre said:

Hi,

I made a quickly interface for my 42009 and i have a problem with the sliders buttons .. When i load the profile, buttons aren't at the right place (they are sometimes in right, sometimes in left but never centered)

How can i do for having the good position ? Is it a bug ? 

[/blockquote]

Hi,

Where do you experencie the problem? At the PD or in the Android/iOS app?

• 5 posts
    March 23, 2015 12:04 PM CET

Hi,

I made a quickly interface for my 42009 and i have a problem with the sliders buttons .. When i load the profile, buttons aren't at the right place (they are sometimes in right, sometimes in left but never centered)

How can i do for having the good position ? Is it a bug ?

• 143 posts
    March 20, 2015 12:34 PM CET

[blockquote]Tanja Causemann said:

@ Zsolt Szrakpó

I'm logged in and the screen ratio is correct.
    I also can download the profile in the Android SBrick App 0.8 (market; my profiles).

But I can't  linked the profil in my creation because it does not shown (my creation; linkes profiles). What can I do?

Best regards.

[/blockquote]

It's seems to be an android application bug. I'm push this to the developers toward.

• 7 posts
    March 19, 2015 4:54 PM CET

@ Zsolt Szrakpó

I'm logged in and the screen ratio is correct.
    I also can download the profile in the Android SBrick App 0.8 (market; my profiles).

But I can't  linked the profil in my creation because it does not shown (my creation; linkes profiles). What can I do?

Best regards.

This post was edited by Tanja Causemann at March 19, 2015 4:56 PM CET
    • 20 posts
    March 17, 2015 3:11 PM CET

[blockquote]Frederic Ayrault said:

I also tried again NXT45 R. train profile (https://social.sbrick.com/videos/7730/96/sbrick-reset-profile)

when I press the button (the slidder position does not matters) the first time the motor spin at full speed

Thank you

XNXT45 RX

[/blockquote]

Hi Sorry for the late reply but you need to put the output on the button equal to 0.

This post was edited by NXT45 R. at March 17, 2015 3:15 PM CET
    • 143 posts
    March 17, 2015 2:44 PM CET

I'm glad to hear that, have fun! :)

• 6 posts
    March 17, 2015 2:36 PM CET
    At least it works! I have updated the firmware and installed the latest App. All fine. Thanks for your support and patience. Best regards.
    • 143 posts
    March 16, 2015 1:04 PM CET

M MBou: Do you setted aspect ratio for your profile to 4:3? It's important to use the correct device ratio at the moment.

Tanja: If you are logged in, and still not seen any of your profile, please check your device's screen ratio (eg.: 16:9, 4:3, etc.).

Martin: It's seems like an app problem. We are going to investigate it as soon as possible.

• 7 posts
    March 15, 2015 1:02 PM CET

Hello,

I had created an profile with the profile designer. I can download the profile in the Android SBrick App 0.8 (market; my profiles) but I can't  linked the profil in my creation because it does not shown (my creation; linkes profiles).What can I do?

Best regards

Tanja

• 6 posts
    March 12, 2015 2:47 PM CET
    Hello, I have the iOS version 3.63 (build 204). I have llogged in using my ID but no profile I have created appear on my iPad.
    Have you considered making the Profile Designer as stand alone program to install on a PC or Mac and the option to upload profiles created to a database? It would save a lot of disappointments. Thanks and best regardsm
  • March 11, 2015 11:24 PM CET

hi! ^^

I've been playing with the designer for a bit here and i've hit a snag on my current project.

it seems the joystick rotating does not work/take effect in the app. i have tried this on both my Ipad 4 and my LG G3s. both the apps work quite good, and i would like to use the sbrick with just one joystick rotated 45 degrees to control a tank type setup. however when i rotate it (note i cannot get it exactly 45 degrees) in the designer it's not rotated on the phone/tablet.

• 95 posts
    March 11, 2015 7:53 PM CET
    it will be great if we can import/export profiles for sharing
    • 201 posts
    March 11, 2015 2:56 PM CET

[blockquote]M MBou said: I have used the right ratio but still nothing to download. If i make it public would I be able to download it? If yes how to make it public? Thanks and best regards.[/blockquote]

Strange.

What is your app type and version?

Are you logged in with your social account in the app? (you can login in the slide menu on left)

• 6 posts
    March 11, 2015 2:21 PM CET
    I have used the right ratio but still nothing to download. If i make it public would I be able to download it? If yes how to make it public? Thanks and best regards.
    • 143 posts
    March 10, 2015 12:05 PM CET

[blockquote]M MBou said: How to get the profiles created in Designer? I have created one specific and saved it but when I try to download it from the app nothing appear in "My Profiles". I use an iPad mini.[/blockquote]

Hi!

You should use 4:3 ratio.

• 95 posts
    March 10, 2015 11:01 AM CET

[blockquote]M MBou said: How to get the profiles created in Designer? I have created one specific and saved it but when I try to download it from the app nothing appear in "My Profiles". I use an iPad mini.[/blockquote]

maybe you have to use a different ratio

• 6 posts
    March 10, 2015 8:22 AM CET
    How to get the profiles created in Designer? I have created one specific and saved it but when I try to download it from the app nothing appear in "My Profiles". I use an iPad mini.
    • 95 posts
    March 3, 2015 10:42 AM CET

[blockquote]Zsolt Szrapkó said:

I use iOS for the PD tests, but every control behavior should works on the same way on every device.
    The L motor is totally different than servos. How do you build your switch? Like ours in the feature video?

[/blockquote]

I did the test with a L but for the switch I am using a M.

I builded my switch using Ronald Vallenduuk's one (http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=67730) because I use my old 12V tracks with 73696 a 73697 switch points.

XX

• 143 posts
    March 2, 2015 11:21 PM CET

[blockquote]Frederic Ayrault said:

[blockquote]Zsolt Szrapkó said:

I don't remember what was the exact parameters, but if you're using servos, you should set the min-max to higher, the -0.1 and the 0.1 is just too small to moves the switch.

[/blockquote]

I tried with L motor. I will try to change the values. Did you test this with android app?

[/blockquote]

I use iOS for the PD tests, but every control behavior should works on the same way on every device.
    The L motor is totally different than servos. How do you build your switch? Like ours in the feature video?