Forums » Support

Back To Topics

Profile Designer

• 143 posts
    April 28, 2015 3:07 PM CEST

[blockquote]Henk Reinders said:

first:

I can delete a profile from de Profile Designer on my laptop, but the profile can I not delete from my app on my tablet.

What can I do to delete the profiles from my tablet.

[/blockquote]

Everyone, if you're experience any application error, or bug on the devices, please report that on the following topics:
    Android App support: https://social.sbrick.com/forums/topic/29/sbrick-android-app
    iOS
    App support: https://social.sbrick.com/forums/topic/19/sbrick-i-os-app

Thank you.

[blockquote]Henk Reinders said:

second:

I don't understand the explionation of the Points and Values in the properties of a control item. How can I see the results of the different values in the property.

I use Android on my tablet. 

For the rest, the SBrick works wunderful.

[/blockquote]
    The points and values are not visible on the Profile Designer at the moment, meanwhile, their paramters are saved into the control's settings. We are going to visualize these settings in the future.

This post was edited by Zsolt Szrapkó at April 28, 2015 3:08 PM CEST
    • 143 posts
    April 28, 2015 3:01 PM CEST

Profile Designer 1.9.4beta is out.

Bugfix:
    - Now you can change the manual setting paramters by the little arrows in the input field (however, they are worked by the keyboard arrows also :) )

Sadly, we're stopped supporting Firefox. We decided this after seeing the poor javascript performance with (actualy not) too much canvas element. As long as we are in Beta stage, we want to focus on features, and performance optimizations. After we're going to final 1.0, we are going to investigate the options to open the PD for other browsers. At the meantime the PD will work with Chrome and Safari.

Next update:
    The alignment guides are coming.

• 1 posts
    April 26, 2015 2:19 PM CEST

first:

I can delete a profile from de Profile Designer on my laptop, but the profile can I not delete from my app on my tablet.

What can I do to delete the profiles from my tablet.

second:

I don't understand the explionation of the Points and Values in the properties of a control item. How can I see the results of the different values in the property.

I use Android on my tablet.

For the rest, the SBrick works wunderful.

This post was edited by Henk Reinders at April 26, 2015 2:23 PM CEST
    • 57 posts
    April 23, 2015 12:03 PM CEST

Meawhile I found this odd effect just happens when you play with the 'size width' of the joystick controls. This specifically is working fine with 'size height' and 'orientation degree'.

The effect becomes worse (more odd layers) as you keep changing the width (more noticeable if joystick is rotated to a certain extent).

This post was edited by Fernando Correia at April 23, 2015 12:04 PM CEST
    • 143 posts
    April 23, 2015 11:38 AM CEST

[blockquote]Fernando Correia said:

Hi Zsolt,

I just provided links to the images in the original pos, which hopefully are accessible to everyone. It is quicker and easier for me at this point.

Don't really understand why the embeded images are not showing up to you, but nevermind. :)

Hope these links work for you. Copy the whole link and paste in your browser. Somehow the forum is not forming the hyperlink correctly.

Best!

[/blockquote]

Thank you! Wow! The second one looks like really-really strange... :)

This post was edited by Zsolt Szrapkó at April 23, 2015 11:38 AM CEST
    • 57 posts
    April 22, 2015 9:14 PM CEST

Hi Zsolt,

I just provided links to the images in the original pos, which hopefully are accessible to everyone. It is quicker and easier for me at this point.

Don't really understand why the embeded images are not showing up to you, but nevermind. :)

Hope these links work for you. Copy the whole link and paste in your browser. Somehow the forum is not forming the hyperlink correctly.

Best!

• 143 posts
    April 22, 2015 10:42 AM CEST

[blockquote]Fernando Correia said:

I've tested it and it is now possible to handle coordinates via manual settings. :)

I must admit I didn't realize about the third tab in first place, but after coming back to this forum I understood how it works.

Althoguh I found some new problems. ;)

1) Realize from the image below, there is a button instance, although it does not appear in the layers list.

2) Altough other parameters/controls seem to work fine, changing the joystick dimensions causes a total interface collapse (see image below). After this point it is not possible to save the profile anymore. It enters into an endless loop. We can return to the home screen, but loosing the changes made.

Have a good bug fixing! ;)

[/blockquote]

Can you repost these images via imgur or cloudApp? The links are borken. :(

This post was edited by Zsolt Szrapkó at April 22, 2015 10:55 AM CEST
    • 57 posts
    April 22, 2015 1:10 AM CEST

I've tested it and it is now possible to handle coordinates via manual settings. :)

I must admit I didn't realize about the third tab in first place, but after coming back to this forum I understood how it works.

Althoguh I found some new problems. ;)

1) Realize from the image below, there is a button instance, although it does not appear in the layers list.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9zutn77n55t73fb/20150421%20-%20%231.png?dl=0

2) Altough other parameters/controls seem to work fine, changing the joystick dimensions causes a total interface collapse (see image below). After this point it is not possible to save the profile anymore. It enters into an endless loop. We can return to the home screen, but loosing the changes made.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/92fpw4ritjq2580/20150421%20-%20%232.png?dl=0

Have a good bug fixing! ;)

This post was edited by Fernando Correia at April 22, 2015 9:10 PM CEST
    • 143 posts
    April 21, 2015 2:37 PM CEST

[blockquote]Adrian Wigg said:

Yeah got it to work. I reset my browser and started again. Can you create a button so you can link it to the slider. eg Stop, reset etc :-) I got my 2 sbs in the post today :-) so far Im liking it.

[/blockquote]

It's not that simple, but we are working on something greater than just that. :)

• 10 posts
    April 21, 2015 2:34 PM CEST

Yeah got it to work. I reset my browser and started again. Can you create a button so you can link it to the slider. eg Stop, reset etc :-) I got my 2 sbs in the post today :-) so far Im liking it.

• 143 posts
    April 21, 2015 1:04 PM CEST

[blockquote]Adrian Wigg said:

Once you create a profile and save it how long does it take to show up on your mobile? I am using both a samsung galaxy S4 and S5 and even a Tab 10.1.

[/blockquote]

After you logged in on your device, it should be there after the loading.

• 10 posts
    April 21, 2015 12:59 PM CEST

Once you create a profile and save it how long does it take to show up on your mobile? I am using both a samsung galaxy S4 and S5 and even a Tab 10.1.

• 99 posts
    April 21, 2015 6:40 AM CEST

[blockquote]Zsolt Szrapkó said:

Manual settings is out now!

You can find a third panel in every control element's settings, there you can see, and change also every numeric parameter (include X/Y coords, width, height, etc). The changes are presented on the fly.

Be warned, your hands are free in that panel, so you can also spoil your profile. We're also working on the validation part, in the meantime, watch out. :)

[/blockquote]

Too bad the Android app won't handle cordinates correctly ! I still have position issues, oval circles and rectangle squares :(

• 95 posts
    April 20, 2015 9:13 PM CEST

[blockquote]Frederic Ayrault said:

How can I rotate a slider to 90 degres?

I can not set the directly the value in the box and when I use the slider I can only set -93 -85 87 or 95

[/blockquote]

Please see my previous post about the manual settings part. It's out now.

When I use the box on the slider the app (android version) crash when I try to open the profile

Thank you

[/blockquote]

That's an app bug, and what i'm know currently, it has nothing to do with the PD. The android developers are working on it, but please report it here: https://social.sbrick.com/forums/topic/29/sbrick-android-app

[/blockquote]

For me the problem is solved with 1.9.2beta by setting manually the values

Thank you

This post was edited by Frederic Ayrault at April 20, 2015 9:29 PM CEST
    • 143 posts
    April 20, 2015 4:56 PM CEST

[blockquote]Jakob Peterhänsel said:

Any plans on sync'ing values between two controls?

If a slider with non-return-to-zero also have a 'Stop' button, the slider keeps the value and does not return to zero.

[/blockquote]

Yes we plan with this functionality.

• April 20, 2015 3:39 PM CEST

Any plans on sync'ing values between two controls?

If a slider with non-return-to-zero also have a 'Stop' button, the slider keeps the value and does not return to zero.

• 143 posts
    April 20, 2015 3:32 PM CEST

I can not set the directly the value in the box and when I use the slider I can only set -93 -85 87 or 95

[/blockquote]

Please see my previous post about the manual settings part. It's out now.

When I use the box on the slider the app (android version) crash when I try to open the profile

Thank you

[/blockquote]

That's an app bug, and what i'm know currently, it has nothing to do with the PD. The android developers are working on it, but please report it here: https://social.sbrick.com/forums/topic/29/sbrick-android-app

This post was edited by Zsolt Szrapkó at April 20, 2015 3:34 PM CEST
    • 143 posts
    April 20, 2015 3:30 PM CEST

Manual settings is out now!

You can find a third panel in every control element's settings, there you can see, and change also every numeric parameter (include X/Y coords, width, height, etc). The changes are presented on the fly.

Be warned, your hands are free in that panel, so you can also spoil your profile. We're also working on the validation part, in the meantime, watch out. :)

• 95 posts
    April 17, 2015 9:56 PM CEST

Thank you

This post was edited by Frederic Ayrault at April 17, 2015 10:09 PM CEST
    • 95 posts
    April 17, 2015 4:30 PM CEST

I will be great if a profile created with one ratio could be converted in an other.

I have a tablet with 16:10 and a mobile with 16:9

[/blockquote]

This feature is on our list!

[/blockquote]

Thank you

• 143 posts
    April 17, 2015 3:58 PM CEST

I will be great if a profile created with one ratio could be converted in an other.

[/blockquote]

This feature is on our list!

This post was edited by Zsolt Szrapkó at April 17, 2015 3:58 PM CEST
    • 95 posts
    April 17, 2015 1:22 PM CEST

• 143 posts
    April 17, 2015 11:11 AM CEST

[blockquote]Marc Jaouen said:

Getting better. I managed to tweak my profile with custom items, but still some issues. Bugs summary:

- Sliders position is not exactly what is defined in the PD (already reported)

- Round items (such as the close button) are displayed as ovals (already reported). Managed to use a custom square buttom that looks good, although probably rectangular now.

- Tried to use square sliders buttons. All messed up once displayed, will try plain jpgs instead of the fancy alpha-channel png I have used.

- Tried to set a min and max value to the steering slider, still works from -1 to +1.

- Pixelized pictures. Probably OK on a phone, but annoying on a tablet.

- My background's background is supposed to be grey, it is displayed as green-grey

Suggestion : implement log and inverted log profiles for the sliders. Linear is not adapted to accelaration control, I think it would help a lot and would make driving easier and more natural.

Marc

All in all, it works and I'm globally happy, but setting up the beast is a real assault course ;)

[/blockquote]

Sadly, all of these are android bugs. Do you reported these bugs into the android app topic too?

• 99 posts
    April 16, 2015 9:45 PM CEST

Getting better. I managed to tweak my profile with custom items, but still some issues. Bugs summary:

- Sliders position is not exactly what is defined in the PD (already reported)

- Round items (such as the close button) are displayed as ovals (already reported). Managed to use a custom square buttom that looks good, although probably rectangular now.

- Tried to use square sliders buttons. All messed up once displayed, will try plain jpgs instead of the fancy alpha-channel png I have used.

- Tried to set a min and max value to the steering slider, still works from -1 to +1.

- Pixelized pictures. Probably OK on a phone, but annoying on a tablet.

- My background's background is supposed to be grey, it is displayed as green-grey

Suggestion : implement log and inverted log profiles for the sliders. Linear is not adapted to accelaration control, I think it would help a lot and would make driving easier and more natural.

Marc

All in all, it works and I'm globally happy, but setting up the beast is a real assault course ;)

This post was edited by Marc Jaouen at April 17, 2015 7:18 AM CEST
  • April 16, 2015 8:29 PM CEST

Ok .... Thanks.. I'll try that :P