Forums » Support

Back To Topics

Profile Designer

• July 27, 2016 2:37 AM CEST

[blockquote]Balint Mezei said:

[blockquote]Gerard Hogenhout said:

I have a big problem regarding the profile designer. I can add a slider but not change any settings at all on the left! This seems like a software bug as on older projects, there were sliders on which I can adjust the settings.

Please please can you solve this issue before the wheather gets bad again? 

--edit: look how many of these similar complaints are appearing on this forum!! Guys fix it or you will make a lot of people angry!!

(I have tested this on Chrome AND the last version of Mozilla Firefox both... NOT WORKING!!)

[/blockquote]

Hello Gerard! 

What OS do you use? 

Regards, 
    Balint 
    SBrick Team

[/blockquote]

Windows 10 64 bit

• 143 posts
    July 27, 2016 1:40 AM CEST

I have a big problem regarding the profile designer. I can add a slider but not change any settings at all on the left! This seems like a software bug as on older projects, there were sliders on which I can adjust the settings.

--edit: look how many of these similar complaints are appearing on this forum!! Guys fix it or you will make a lot of people angry!!

(I have tested this on Chrome AND the last version of Mozilla Firefox both... NOT WORKING!!)

[/blockquote]

[blockquote]Heiko Mueller-Meissner said:

Same problem! Tested with Chrome, Firefox, Edge using Windows 10 Pro 64-bit. GUI-Elements are not editable. No Layer submenu.

[/blockquote]

Hi there,

Sadly, I can't reproduce your problem, but i want. Please provide me the affected profile's ID to fix this ASAP.

This post was edited by Zsolt Szrapkó at July 27, 2016 1:42 AM CEST
    • 143 posts
    July 27, 2016 1:40 AM CEST

I just released an update, i hope it solves some of the problems.

On the close button: we had a bug before that caused the close button is always moved a little after saving (wrong coordinate calculations). Now if you move it to the place, it must stay there. 

There was also an error with the buttons (simple button, clinometer, sequence) on profiles created before 1.1.0. It's fixed now.

• 143 posts
    July 26, 2016 11:31 PM CEST

We're investigating the issues right now.

• July 26, 2016 6:21 PM CEST

Same problem! Tested with Chrome, Firefox, Edge using Windows 10 Pro 64-bit. GUI-Elements are not editable. No Layer submenu. 

• 310 posts
    July 26, 2016 5:06 PM CEST

I have a big problem regarding the profile designer. I can add a slider but not change any settings at all on the left! This seems like a software bug as on older projects, there were sliders on which I can adjust the settings.

[/blockquote]

Hello Gerard! 

What OS do you use? 

Regards, 
    Balint 
    SBrick Team

• July 25, 2016 7:11 PM CEST

This post was edited by Gerard Hogenhout at July 25, 2016 7:13 PM CEST
    • 17 posts
    July 20, 2016 6:12 PM CEST

Hello

I am still having a problem with profile designer being able to add or edit joystick controls on existing or new profiles.  in the setup menu both the Points and Values titles and input method are missing from the menu.  I have tried Firefox Safarie and Chrome on my MacBook Pro with 10.9.5. Any Ideas about a fix?

Thanks Alex

• 143 posts
    July 20, 2016 5:34 PM CEST

[blockquote]Jens Heyer said: [blockquote]Zsolt Szrapkó said:

I can't reproduce this one. I tested it in Safari and Chrome too. Can you tell me which browser do you use?

[/blockquote] I use Chrome. It's in profile 852. I created an own picture for the sequence button. It's not square but rectangular. What do you mean with "manually brake lights "? I have to push manually a button for lights on? That's no option! [/blockquote]

On the button: I will check this.
    On the break lights: We're working on a solution, but there's no exact ETA for this. I hope we will be done in the august-september period.

• 13 posts
    July 19, 2016 11:04 PM CEST
    [blockquote]Zsolt Szrapkó said:

I can't reproduce this one. I tested it in Safari and Chrome too. Can you tell me which browser do you use?

[/blockquote] I use Chrome. It's in profile 852. I created an own picture for the sequence button. It's not square but rectangular. What do you mean with "manually brake lights "? I have to push manually a button for lights on? That's no option!
    • 143 posts
    July 18, 2016 2:37 PM CEST

[blockquote]Jens Heyer said: If you use a sequence and Change the Button Design, the Toggle-off-Button is desized. The Profile is working but the designer shows it in a wrong size[/blockquote]

• 143 posts
    July 18, 2016 12:52 PM CEST

[blockquote]Alex McQuilkin said:

Hello

I have spent some time today on Profile designer first to edit some Joysticks on a couple of my profiles and then I tryed to build a new one using joysticks.  The settings for the joystick function and values are not showing up to be entered or edited.  I am using Firefox on a MacBook with mac OS 10.11.5.

Thanks for the assistance.

[/blockquote]

The Firefox support is still in development. Please try with chrome (or if I can recommend, go with Safari).

[blockquote]Jens Heyer said: If you use a sequence and Change the Button Design, the Toggle-off-Button is desized. The Profile is working but the designer shows it in a wrong size[/blockquote]

Thanks for your report, I will check this. 

On the break-light question: You can achive this manually at the moment, with a dedicated button.

[blockquote]rock lego said:

In Controll Setting for Sequence , there is Auto Stop option to set Yes or No. I wonder what is this option for .

[/blockquote]

It's exactly what the PD write on the top. If you have a button on the same channel as the sequence, and you press the button, the sequence will stop automatically. if you set it to no, it will return to sequence after you release the button.

[blockquote]rock lego said:

I created a Sequence button that was assigned two channel for it. As shown in picture above, I named first channel "forward to reverse " and second channel "set ype". After I set REPEAT option to YES , only channel "forward to reverse" was repeately working but channel "set ype" was not working repeately.

Have anyone had this issue before??

[/blockquote]

If you have different time frame settings for the channels, the shorter will always wait until the longer finish. I hope this help.

This post was edited by Zsolt Szrapkó at July 18, 2016 1:34 PM CEST
    • 17 posts
    July 17, 2016 8:47 PM CEST

Hello

I have spent some time today on Profile designer first to edit some Joysticks on a couple of my profiles and then I tryed to build a new one using joysticks.  The settings for the joystick function and values are not showing up to be entered or edited.  I am using Firefox on a MacBook with mac OS 10.11.5.

Thanks for the assistance.

• 1 posts
    July 17, 2016 4:43 AM CEST

In Controll Setting for Sequence , there is Auto Stop option to set Yes or No.  I wonder what is this option for .

I created a  Sequence  button that was assigned two channel for it. As shown in picture above,  I named first channel "forward to reverse "  and second channel "set ype".  After I set REPEAT option to YES ,  only channel  "forward to reverse"  was repeately working but channel "set ype" was not working repeately.

Have anyone had this issue before??

This post was edited by rock lego at July 17, 2016 4:47 AM CEST
    • 13 posts
    July 16, 2016 4:25 PM CEST
    Can someone tell me how to create a brake-light? A light that shines if the acceleration stops?
    • 13 posts
    July 16, 2016 4:23 PM CEST
    If you use a sequence and Change the Button Design, the Toggle-off-Button is desized. The Profile is working but the designer shows it in a wrong size
    • 143 posts
    July 11, 2016 1:28 PM CEST

As our new mobile apps are released (Android is out, and the iOS is already on review), we just releasing a new Profile Designer version too.

Profile Designer 1.1.0 release notes:

- Advanced Sequences: A more user friendly approach to handle Sequences. Now one sequence button can handle not just one, but many channels.

- UI changes: We're minimized some parts of the UI, and now you have a helper area on the header. Just move your mouse in the Profile Designer to get some reference about a button, or a settings parameter, or anything. This will be extended in the future.

- Improved speed and stability.

The User Guide is also updated: https://social.sbrick.com/wiki/view/pageId/10/slug/user-guide-for-profile-designer

If you're experiencing an error:

- You should empty your browser's cache first.
    Chromehttps://support.google.com/chrome/answer/2392709
    Safari
    : With a shortcut: ALT+CMD+E

- If you're still experiencing the problem, please contact us here.

Have fun! :)

This post was edited by Zsolt Szrapkó at July 11, 2016 1:31 PM CEST
    • 310 posts
    July 1, 2016 3:17 PM CEST

[blockquote]Allan Gu said:

I don't know how to get my own cusom profile on my device I saved it and it isnt showing on my device. I need help please.

[/blockquote]

Hello! 

What kind of device do you use? 

What was the screen ratio that you set, when you created the profile? 

Regards, 

Balint Mezei - SBrick Team 

• 1 posts
    July 1, 2016 2:25 AM CEST

I don't know how to get my own cusom profile on my device I saved it and it isnt showing on my device. I need help please.

• 310 posts
    May 28, 2016 12:33 PM CEST

[blockquote]Andreas Baumert said:

Hello,

how can I delete already uploaded backgrounds from the selection list ?

With google translated into English .

[/blockquote]

Hello!

On top of the profile designer page, there is a "resource" button, please press it. 

Then select "background", and on which picture you uploaded, you will see a red x, press it, and the backround will be removed from the list. 

I hope i could helped to you. 

Regards,

• 1 posts
    May 28, 2016 9:24 AM CEST

Hello,

how can I delete already uploaded backgrounds from the selection list ?

With google translated into English .

• 310 posts
    May 24, 2016 7:28 PM CEST

[blockquote]Uwe Steffan said:

Hi Sbrick!

Thanks for making it possible to use the Designer in Firefox.

I just wanted to use the new designer for a Testing profile.

But where is the button to go on?

After I type in Name and description, no button to go on, only the quitbutton is visible.

So I made a copy of my excisting Profile and renamend it.

After creating the copy with another design and saved it, my original design is also changed.

The copy has not the new name and will not been downloaded to my IPhone.

What's wrong?

[/blockquote]

Hello! 

At the moment, the designer in Firefox cannot work perfectly. We working on solving this. :)

We ask for your patience, and if you can, till that time please use an other browser. 

Regards, 

• 7 posts
    May 24, 2016 3:34 PM CEST

Hi Sbrick!

Thanks for making it possible to use the Designer in Firefox.

I just wanted to use the new designer for a Testing profile.

But where is the button to go on?

After I type in Name and description, no button to go on, only the quitbutton is visible.

So I made a copy of my excisting Profile and renamend it.

After creating the copy with another design and saved it, my original design is also changed.

The copy has not the new name and will not been downloaded to my IPhone.

What's wrong?

This post was edited by Uwe Steffan at May 24, 2016 3:35 PM CEST
    • 310 posts
    May 9, 2016 12:34 PM CEST

[blockquote]Brian Adams said:

Are there any plans to allow the addition of text in the form of slider, etc, names to user-designed profiles? 

[/blockquote]

Hello Brian! 

It is a good idea. Previously, we thought about it. 
    Probably, in the future it will be available. 

Regards,  

• May 7, 2016 4:31 PM CEST

[blockquote]Zsolt Szrapkó said:

[blockquote]Mirco Piatek said:

I have a problem with the Profile designer.

I tried to use the Desinger with "Internet Explorer" and "Firefox". Everytime the same situation!

An other Lego Builder told me to use "Google Chrome". What the hell? A third browser on my Laptop?

Okay. Installed Google Chrome. But the same Sh.t!

As I start it, I log in. The Header looks different as it is shown in the Wiki.

What about the Resources? I downloaded it. Do I have to install these? If Yes, where and how?

Where can I download the "Sample-Project"? In the Wiki is written "You can download it here." But no link or anything.

As I start a new profile, I can tipe in a title and a description. As I go forward I can choose the scaling of the screen. "Finalize" brings me back to mainscreen with the message "Loading Your profile" or "Converting Your profile".

Nothing happens.

There are no Icons left of my user-picture in the Header. No safe-Button or anything else.

Can someone please help me with this problem? Before I place the three sBrick-Units in front of my cars tire...

[/blockquote]

Hi there, i sent you a friend request, please approve it, and I hope we can figure it out, what's the problem.

Thanks.

[/blockquote]

Done ;-)