Forums » Support

Back To Topics

Profile Designer

• 143 posts
    March 16, 2015 1:04 PM CET

M MBou: Do you setted aspect ratio for your profile to 4:3? It's important to use the correct device ratio at the moment.

Tanja: If you are logged in, and still not seen any of your profile, please check your device's screen ratio (eg.: 16:9, 4:3, etc.).

Martin: It's seems like an app problem. We are going to investigate it as soon as possible.

• 7 posts
    March 15, 2015 1:02 PM CET

Hello,

I had created an profile with the profile designer. I can download the profile in the Android SBrick App 0.8 (market; my profiles) but I can't  linked the profil in my creation because it does not shown (my creation; linkes profiles).What can I do?

Best regards

Tanja

• 6 posts
    March 12, 2015 2:47 PM CET
    Hello, I have the iOS version 3.63 (build 204). I have llogged in using my ID but no profile I have created appear on my iPad.
    Have you considered making the Profile Designer as stand alone program to install on a PC or Mac and the option to upload profiles created to a database? It would save a lot of disappointments. Thanks and best regardsm
  • March 11, 2015 11:24 PM CET

hi! ^^

I've been playing with the designer for a bit here and i've hit a snag on my current project.

it seems the joystick rotating does not work/take effect in the app. i have tried this on both my Ipad 4 and my LG G3s. both the apps work quite good, and i would like to use the sbrick with just one joystick rotated 45 degrees to control a tank type setup. however when i rotate it (note i cannot get it exactly 45 degrees) in the designer it's not rotated on the phone/tablet.

• 95 posts
    March 11, 2015 7:53 PM CET
    it will be great if we can import/export profiles for sharing
    • 340 posts
    March 11, 2015 2:56 PM CET

[blockquote]M MBou said: I have used the right ratio but still nothing to download. If i make it public would I be able to download it? If yes how to make it public? Thanks and best regards.[/blockquote]

Strange.

What is your app type and version?

Are you logged in with your social account in the app? (you can login in the slide menu on left)

• 6 posts
    March 11, 2015 2:21 PM CET
    I have used the right ratio but still nothing to download. If i make it public would I be able to download it? If yes how to make it public? Thanks and best regards.
    • 143 posts
    March 10, 2015 12:05 PM CET

[blockquote]M MBou said: How to get the profiles created in Designer? I have created one specific and saved it but when I try to download it from the app nothing appear in "My Profiles". I use an iPad mini.[/blockquote]

Hi!

You should use 4:3 ratio.

• 95 posts
    March 10, 2015 11:01 AM CET

[blockquote]M MBou said: How to get the profiles created in Designer? I have created one specific and saved it but when I try to download it from the app nothing appear in "My Profiles". I use an iPad mini.[/blockquote]

maybe you have to use a different ratio

• 6 posts
    March 10, 2015 8:22 AM CET
    How to get the profiles created in Designer? I have created one specific and saved it but when I try to download it from the app nothing appear in "My Profiles". I use an iPad mini.
    • 95 posts
    March 3, 2015 10:42 AM CET

[blockquote]Zsolt Szrapkó said:

I use iOS for the PD tests, but every control behavior should works on the same way on every device.
    The L motor is totally different than servos. How do you build your switch? Like ours in the feature video?

[/blockquote]

I did the test with a L but for the switch I am using a M.

I builded my switch using Ronald Vallenduuk's one (http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=67730) because I use my old 12V tracks with 73696 a 73697 switch points.

XX

• 143 posts
    March 2, 2015 11:21 PM CET

[blockquote]Frederic Ayrault said:

I don't remember what was the exact parameters, but if you're using servos, you should set the min-max to higher, the -0.1 and the 0.1 is just too small to moves the switch.

[/blockquote]

I tried with L motor. I will try to change the values. Did you test this with android app?

[/blockquote]

I use iOS for the PD tests, but every control behavior should works on the same way on every device.
    The L motor is totally different than servos. How do you build your switch? Like ours in the feature video?

• 95 posts
    March 2, 2015 8:52 PM CET

I don't remember what was the exact parameters, but if you're using servos, you should set the min-max to higher, the -0.1 and the 0.1 is just too small to moves the switch.

[/blockquote]

I tried with L motor. I will try to change the values. Did you test this with android app?

• 143 posts
    March 2, 2015 8:44 PM CET

[blockquote]Frederic Ayrault said:

Hi Frederic,

I think you can achive that functionality right now, because the track switch control is just a slider control without auto release, and with a balanced min and max output.

[/blockquote]

I tried setting the values to -0.1 and 0.1 but I did not see a difference. I am using the v0.80 android app

Thank you

[/blockquote]

This post was edited by Zsolt Szrapkó at March 2, 2015 8:45 PM CET
    • 95 posts
    March 2, 2015 7:09 PM CET

Hi Frederic,

I think you can achive that functionality right now, because the track switch control is just a slider control without auto release, and with a balanced min and max output.

[/blockquote]

I tried setting the values to -0.1 and 0.1 but I did not see a difference. I am using the v0.80 android app

I also rtried again NXT45 R. train profile (https://social.sbrick.com/videos/7730/96/sbrick-reset-profile)

when I press the button (the slidder position does not matters) the first time the motor spin at full speed

when I press again the button the motor stops

Did I make mistakes or this is not working on android app yet?

Thank you

XNXT45 RX

This post was edited by Frederic Ayrault at March 2, 2015 8:50 PM CET
    • 143 posts
    March 2, 2015 9:21 AM CET

Hi Frederic,

• 95 posts
    March 1, 2015 9:59 AM CET

Do you know when the track switch control will be available?

(https://social.sbrick.com/videos/5963/4/7939-60052-cargo-trains-and-sbrick)

thank you

X

• 20 posts
    February 28, 2015 11:52 PM CET

[blockquote]Holger Matthes said:

Hi,

I managed to create a simple Train Profile, now my iOS app does not crash since I got a background.png in my profile.

A while ago there was a "Horizon Express" Profile available, I would like something like this back.

New questions:

1. How to add/configure an emergency stop button for the motor? Normally the motor is controlled by a slider, but it is not very easy to set the slider back to "0". The "Horizon Express" did offer such an emergency stop.

Thanks,
    Holger

[/blockquote]

Hi Holger, I made a video on how to do this. Here is a link. https://social.sbrick.com/videos/7730/96/sbrick-reset-profile

• 13 posts
    February 28, 2015 8:15 PM CET

[blockquote]Holger Matthes said:

New questions:

1. How to add/configure an emergency stop button for the motor? Normally the motor is controlled by a slider, but it is not very easy to set the slider back to "0". The "Horizon Express" did offer such an emergency stop.
    2. How can text be added to the profile? Only within the background image?
    3. -
    4. Is it possible to make one profile which allows to controll two (or more) SBricks? Typically you run various trains, and only one remote would be great. I only have one SBrick, but maybe I get myself a second one?

[/blockquote]

Hallo Holger,

ich habe selbst schon ein bißchen rumprobiert/gelesen und kann Dir folgende Antworten geben:

1. Das soll gehen, indem Du im Profil dem Schubregler einen Kanalnamen gibst. Diesen Namen verwendest Du auch bei einem Knopf. Es soll dann so sein, dass durch das Drücken des Knopfes der Schubregler wieder auf Null gesetzt wird.
      Schau mal auf Seite 3 dieses Topics, letztes Posting. Ich denke, das erwähnte Auto-Reset ist das was Du willst.
    2. Stand jetzt gibt es 2 Möglichkeiten: Du kannst das im Hintergrundbild einarbeiten. Du kannst aber auch einen Text als Grafik mit durchsichtigem Hintergrund anlegen. Dann fügst Du Deinem Profil einen Knopf hinzu. Diesem Knopf weist Du dann Deine Text-ohne-Hintergrundgrafik zu. Dann kannst Du diesen Text/Knopf frei auf der Oberfläche verschieben. Sieht leider beim Scalieren nicht sehr schön aus, aber es geht. Du musst nur zusehen, dass Du diesem "Knopf" keine Funktion/Kanal zuweist, sonst ist er im Profil antippbar.
    3. -
    4. Wenn ich richtig aufgepasst habe, dann kannst Du in einem Profil 16 Bausteine verwenden. je Baustein 4 Kanäle -> 64 Kanäle in der Summe.
      Ich habe selbst ein Profil für 3 Bausteine erstellt. Ich nutze sie zwar in einem MOC, an einem Akku, aber Du kannst es auch mit zwei Akkus und 2 SBricks in zwei MOCs machen. Du musst dann nur aufpassen, dass Du die Kanäle richtig zuordnest. Nicht dass Du dann mit Schubregler1 den Zug1 steuerst und mit Knopf1 das Licht an Zug2 an/ausmachst. Die Kanalbelegung bestimmst Du aber im Setting-Menü in der SBrick-App.

1000Steine-Grüße,
    jens

• 4 posts
    February 28, 2015 4:56 PM CET

Hi,

I managed to create a simple Train Profile, now my iOS app does not crash since I got a background.png in my profile.

A while ago there was a "Horizon Express" Profile available, I would like something like this back.

New questions:

2. How can text be added to the profile? Only within the background image?
    3. Can a profile be desined in the way that the remote controlled motors/lights remains switched on if I close the app or switch over to another app? (Does work already, just do not shut down the app)
    4. Is it possible to make one profile which allows to controll two (or more) SBricks? Typically you run various trains, and only one remote would be great. I only have one SBrick, but maybe I get myself a second one?

Thanks,
    Holger

• 143 posts
    February 25, 2015 2:45 PM CET

Release notes (1.7.3beta)
    - FIX: close button disappearing, after reloading, and saving your profile it has to be fixed.
    - CHANGE: The button's output value is now changable beetwen -1 and +1.
    - CHANGE: We are modified the settings layout.
    - CHANGE: The Resource Browser is now bigger, and changes it's height dinamically.

+ minor changes.

• 340 posts
    February 24, 2015 4:09 PM CET

[blockquote]x x said:

Hi,

how i control PF-lights, like turn signals are required to blink on and off or brake lights?

thanks

x x

[/blockquote]

Hi,

This feature is not implemented yet in the profile designer. We are working hard to make new features in the profile designer, like LED controls.

• x x
    • 1 posts
    February 24, 2015 11:58 AM CET

Hi,

how i control PF-lights, like turn signals are required to blink on and off or brake lights?

thanks

x x

This post was edited by x x at February 24, 2015 11:59 AM CET
    • 20 posts
    February 20, 2015 2:35 AM CET

[blockquote]Miguel Angel Vilela said:

Hi!

I'm new here and realized, a bit too late, that I left a comment about the PD in another thread:

https://social.sbrick.com/forums/topic/103/sbrick-and-5292-rc-motor/view/post_id/1371

"can you please make it easy (in the Profile Designer) to assign multiple channels to 1 control?

I'd like to use the joystick and have "acceleration" use channels B & D together..."

[/blockquote]

I know that it's not easy but you can just name them the same. I have made a how-to video on how to do that. Just look it up on the videos tab of the website.

• February 20, 2015 12:02 AM CET

Hi!

I'm new here and realized, a bit too late, that I left a comment about the PD in another thread:

https://social.sbrick.com/forums/topic/103/sbrick-and-5292-rc-motor/view/post_id/1371

"can you please make it easy (in the Profile Designer) to assign multiple channels to 1 control?

I'd like to use the joystick and have "acceleration" use channels B & D together..."