Forums » Support

Back To Topics

Profile Designer

• 6 posts
    December 28, 2016 12:25 AM CET

[blockquote]Alex McQuilkin said:

Make sure your brick is on when you load the profile in and get the message to setup a channel and you say yes the brick will open and you can assign your function to the brick inputs when done click the save  click on the arrow in the my creations section and the control should open.

[/blockquote]

Alex - I followed those steps exactly and I get the same result. After the message: The Profile has been downloaded successfully. Do you want to set up now? I click OK and I am unable the set Channel Settings.

This is extremely frustrating. I have spent hours and hours trying to make the Profile work. Am about ready to sell my SBricks on eBay.

Roger Bush

• 17 posts
    December 27, 2016 9:32 PM CET

Hello Roger

To get the lights to stay on you need to go back to the profile designer and open the switch control and uncheck the auto reset check mark save your profile reload it into you device.

Make sure your brick is on when you load the profile in and get the message to setup a channel and you say yes the brick will open and you can assign your function to the brick inputs when done click the save  click on the arrow in the my creations section and the control should open.

Cheers

Alex

• 17 posts
    December 27, 2016 9:32 PM CET

Hello Roger

To get the lights to stay on you need to go back to the profile designer and open the switch control and uncheck the auto reset check mark save your profile reload it into you device.

Cheers

Alex

• 6 posts
    December 27, 2016 7:57 PM CET

Need help making a Profile work.

I designed a Profile with 3 sliders and a button. The sliders are for Steering, Acceleration and Dumping (dump truck). The button is for Lights On/Off. Saved the Profile.

Then I downloaded the Profile to My Creation. I see a message: The profile has been downloaded successfully. Do you want to set up now? After clicking OK, I see the option for Channel Settings and Clinometer Settings. Clicking on Channel Settings produces no result. Then I saved the Profile. But then when I attempt to use the Profile, I get a message: Please set up at least one port! I assume ports and channels are the same thing. Anyway there is no way to "set up at least one port." If I click SBricks from the pull down menu, I can test the 4 functions I designed for the Profile one at a time. They all work except the Lights button must be held to illuminate the lights. Releasing the button turns off the lights.

So - 1) How do I get the Profile to work without the "Please set up at least one port!" message?

2) How do I make the Lights button an On/Off button and not "lights on" only while I hold the button?

Thanks for any help. Roger Bush

This post was edited by Roger Bush at December 27, 2016 8:00 PM CET
    • 310 posts
    November 16, 2016 10:22 AM CET

[blockquote]Horst Horstensen said:

Hi there!

I tried to get the sequence running, but encountered a problem: the option "keep on" in the sequence editor doesn't work, I got the settings to "no repeat" and "auto stop". The sequence always stops after the sequence time (0,5s) but the light is off.

To describe my intention: I have the head lights and the rear lights of my car on two different channels. So that the rear light is only running at 0.2 while the head light is on 0.5. Now I want to make a second sequence button to have a sort of full beam on the head lights (running on 1.0) while the rear light still is on 0.2.

And I don't want to have two different buttons for rear and headlights, as it's not like this in a real car :-)

Can you help me with my problem?

Thanks a lat guys!!!

[/blockquote]

Dear Horst, 

Thank you for the message, we will check this out!

Soon we will get back to you! 

Best wishes,

Balint
    SBrick Team

• November 14, 2016 11:23 PM CET

Hi there!

I tried to get the sequence running, but encountered a problem: the option "keep on" in the sequence editor doesn't work, I got the settings to "no repeat" and "auto stop". The sequence always stops after the sequence time (0,5s) but the light is off.

To describe my intention: I have the head lights and the rear lights of my car on two different channels. So that the rear light is only running at 0.2 while the head light is on 0.5. Now I want to make a second sequence button to have a sort of full beam on the head lights (running on 1.0) while the rear light still is on 0.2.

And I don't want to have two different buttons for rear and headlights, as it's not like this in a real car :-)

Can you help me with my problem?

Thanks a lat guys!!!

• 7 posts
    October 24, 2016 8:33 PM CEST

And what about the Designer and Firefox? It does'nt  work anymore.

• 18 posts
    October 23, 2016 7:53 PM CEST

[blockquote]Zsolt Szrapkó said:

[blockquote]Brian Adams said:

Profile Designer 1.2.1 is released!

Release notes:

- New element in the controls list: images. You can add custom images to your profile.

- Redesigned settings panel for controls, now you can find everything within one page.

- New settings for the Sequence channels: now you can set up what happens with the output, when the sequence finished.

- The Joystick control now has a minimum / maximum value pair for the X and the Y coordinate too.

- The Quickstart Guide is gone, you can access to the Manual when you click on the "?" icon in the header. It's also available on the start page.

- Bugfixes and minor improvements

[/blockquote]

Aye, very nice ....... except it still doesn't fix my 'jetlag' problem!!

[/blockquote]

Hi Brian!

What kind of 'jetlag' problem? Can you explain it? I didn't find anything back in this topic.

[/blockquote]

See my thread "SBRICK REACTION TO COMMANDS" and particulary my post on October 16th.

I also have the well-documented 'Crash on Startup' problem with my old iPod.

• 143 posts
    October 23, 2016 2:16 PM CEST

[blockquote]Brian Adams said:

Release notes:

- New element in the controls list: images. You can add custom images to your profile.

- Redesigned settings panel for controls, now you can find everything within one page.

- New settings for the Sequence channels: now you can set up what happens with the output, when the sequence finished.

- The Joystick control now has a minimum / maximum value pair for the X and the Y coordinate too.

- The Quickstart Guide is gone, you can access to the Manual when you click on the "?" icon in the header. It's also available on the start page.

[/blockquote]

[/blockquote]

Hi Brian!

What kind of 'jetlag' problem? Can you explain it? I didn't find anything back in this topic.

• 18 posts
    October 23, 2016 11:19 AM CEST

Release notes:

[/blockquote]

• 143 posts
    October 22, 2016 2:33 PM CEST

Release notes:

This post was edited by Zsolt Szrapkó at October 22, 2016 2:34 PM CEST
    • 4 posts
    August 21, 2016 1:13 PM CEST

[blockquote]Alex McQuilkin said: Hello Poi You have to make an image of what you want the layout to be in a drawing program the same size as the screen size of the control device. Save as a .png or .jpg Go into profile designer and look for resources. Find the background tab and load in your created jpg. Then in your profile load your created background in and shuffle the controls to match your back ground. Hope this helps Alex[/blockquote]

Thanks Alex, yes it works fine! Many thanks for your help. :-)

• 17 posts
    August 21, 2016 12:04 AM CEST
    Hello Poi
    You have to make an image of what you want the layout to be in a drawing program the same size as the screen size of the control device. Save as a .png or .jpg Go into profile designer and look for resources. Find the background tab and load in your created jpg. Then in your profile load your created background in and shuffle the controls to match your back ground.

Hope this helps
    Alex
    • 4 posts
    August 20, 2016 8:03 PM CEST

Hello everybody,

Can someone tell me how to create a description at the switches in my profile?

Many thanks!

• 143 posts
    August 11, 2016 4:17 PM CEST

[blockquote]Jörg Bachmayr said:

Thx for the info!

A short hint from a progammer: if you implement an import and export function for xml file format, many possibilities would be available ;)

best regards

jm

[/blockquote]

Your request has nothing to do with the file format, we just currently working on bigger features. :)

But like Balint's said, this feature is on our list.

• 5 posts
    August 11, 2016 3:41 PM CEST

Thx for the info!

A short hint from a progammer: if you implement an import and export function for xml file format, many possibilities would be available ;)

best regards

jm

• 310 posts
    August 11, 2016 3:34 PM CEST

[blockquote]Jörg Bachmayr said:

Question: is there a way to change the ration of an existing profile?

I have a profile with the ration 16:9 and want to "copy" this profile to a 16:10 ratio ... is there a way?

Thx in advance!

[/blockquote]

Hello! 

Unfortunately, this function is not available. :(

So, you have to creat a new one with the convenient screen ratio. 

We are planning to make it in the future, but it it takes us time yet. 

Regards, 

Balint - SBrick Team 

This post was edited by Balint Mezei at August 11, 2016 3:36 PM CEST
    • 5 posts
    August 11, 2016 11:28 AM CEST

Question: is there a way to change the ration of an existing profile?

I have a profile with the ration 16:9 and want to "copy" this profile to a 16:10 ratio ... is there a way?

Thx in advance!

• 164 posts
    August 1, 2016 3:56 PM CEST

Hello Klaus,

First of all, you need to add a button to the profil.
    You can set the button's output vaule to 0. If you use the button and the slider with the same chanell name, the slider will switch to zero when you touch the button.

If you need more help just let me know.

Tamas. 

• 7 posts
    July 31, 2016 7:13 PM CEST

Hello Team

if the profile designers a slider is not programmed to auto reset and the slide will stop in any position . How can I switch the slider manuel to zero . Can a button the all Slider and Button are programmed reset to zero itself .

Gruß Klaus

• 11 posts
    July 27, 2016 3:35 PM CEST

Hey,

I just saw a video on YT (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9h49WccF5c) were somebody controlled first every motor with one slider each. Then he controled all motors with one sequence button together. I tried to do the same, but I just can control every SBrick Port by one Button or Slider. (iOS App) So I have to decide, controlling with sliders or sequence button. 

For me its not possible to build trafficators and hazard flashrs with just to pairs of LEGO LEDs; I would need 4 pairs...

Thanks!

• 143 posts
    July 27, 2016 11:05 AM CEST

[blockquote]Gerard Hogenhout said:

I have a big problem regarding the profile designer. I can add a slider but not change any settings at all on the left! This seems like a software bug as on older projects, there were sliders on which I can adjust the settings.

Please please can you solve this issue before the wheather gets bad again?

--edit: look how many of these similar complaints are appearing on this forum!! Guys fix it or you will make a lot of people angry!!

(I have tested this on Chrome AND the last version of Mozilla Firefox both... NOT WORKING!!)

[/blockquote]

[blockquote]Heiko Mueller-Meissner said:

Same problem! Tested with Chrome, Firefox, Edge using Windows 10 Pro 64-bit. GUI-Elements are not editable. No Layer submenu.

[/blockquote]

Hi there,

Sadly, I can't reproduce your problem, but i want. Please provide me the affected profile's ID to fix this ASAP.

[/blockquote]

Where can I find my profiles' ID on this website?

[/blockquote]

It's in the browser's url bar, like https://designer.sbrick.com/index.php?profile=12345

In
    this example the 12345 is the ID.

• July 27, 2016 8:13 AM CEST

Hello Zsolt,

after clearing Chrome's cache, Designer 1.1.1 is now working fine for me.

Thank you and have a nice day.

• 17 posts
    July 27, 2016 5:22 AM CEST

Hello Zsolf

I followed the recent message exchanges regarding Profile Designer and just finished testing with Chrome 51.0.2704.106 64 bit on profiles 11941, 11876, 11846 and 8491  the sliders work but the Points and Values and there variable ajustmensts dont show up in the menu for Joysticks but they must be there because the joysticks work correctly when the profile is added and the bricks are assigned in the OS version 4.1 on my iPhone 6+ my iPad Air and my iPad Pro  The first two are on OS 9.3.3 and the pro is on a beta of OS 10

Thanks for the work I haope this helps track the error.

Cheers

Alex

• July 27, 2016 2:40 AM CEST

I have a big problem regarding the profile designer. I can add a slider but not change any settings at all on the left! This seems like a software bug as on older projects, there were sliders on which I can adjust the settings.

Please please can you solve this issue before the wheather gets bad again?

--edit: look how many of these similar complaints are appearing on this forum!! Guys fix it or you will make a lot of people angry!!

(I have tested this on Chrome AND the last version of Mozilla Firefox both... NOT WORKING!!)

[/blockquote]

[blockquote]Heiko Mueller-Meissner said:

Same problem! Tested with Chrome, Firefox, Edge using Windows 10 Pro 64-bit. GUI-Elements are not editable. No Layer submenu.

[/blockquote]

Hi there,

Sadly, I can't reproduce your problem, but i want. Please provide me the affected profile's ID to fix this ASAP.

[/blockquote]

Where can I find my profiles' ID on this website?

This post was edited by Gerard Hogenhout at July 27, 2016 2:41 AM CEST