Forums » Support

Back To Topics

SBrick iOS App

• 15 posts
    June 19, 2016 1:19 PM CEST

Dear Support Team,

I use the app on my Iphone 5 and it crashes when I want to start a profile. That started with an update of my private profile that contains a sequece. I did a firmware update and ensured the app is up to date as well.

Please help me to get my model working.

This post was edited by Lars Böhme at June 19, 2016 1:28 PM CEST
    • 310 posts
    June 13, 2016 7:13 PM CEST

[blockquote]Jonathan Hirtler said:

Wuold it be possible to have a button to play audio files in the new ios app? I would imagine this would be relatively easy to implement. Would love to be able to upload a train horn or engine effects and play them from the phone.

Looking forward to the sequences support in the new ios app! Keep up the good work.

[/blockquote]

Hello! 

It sounds a great idea, thanks for the suggestion. 

We check out what could we do. :) 

Best wishes, 

Balint Mezei - SBrick Team 

This post was edited by Balint Mezei at June 13, 2016 7:13 PM CEST
  • June 13, 2016 1:18 AM CEST

Wuold it be possible to have a button to play audio files in the new ios app? I would imagine this would be relatively easy to implement. Would love to be able to upload a train horn or engine effects and play them from the phone.

Looking forward to the sequences support in the new ios app! Keep up the good work.

• 310 posts
    June 10, 2016 4:27 PM CEST

[blockquote]Troy Johnston said: Why does the Sbrick iOS app only show the Sbrick's temperature as 0.00 degrees Celsius? I have tried it with another iOS device and it seemed to work just fine. Any reasons why this is happening and a solution to the problem would be much appreciated. Thanks![/blockquote]

Hello!

The application only shows the temperature  with the newest firmware.

Please try to update it.

If the update doesen't work, please contact us at info@sbrick.com

Regards,

This post was edited by Balint Mezei at June 10, 2016 4:27 PM CEST
    • 4 posts
    June 10, 2016 3:45 PM CEST
    Why does the Sbrick iOS app only show the Sbrick's temperature as 0.00 degrees Celsius? I have tried it with another iOS device and it seemed to work just fine. Any reasons why this is happening and a solution to the problem would be much appreciated. Thanks!
    This post was edited by Tmoney Technic at June 10, 2016 3:46 PM CEST
    • 310 posts
    June 7, 2016 11:26 PM CEST

[blockquote]Mirco Piatek said:

Any news?

I´m waiting for the update because of the "Sequences"

[/blockquote]

Hello!

Tests are promising. :)

The sequence part of the Profile Designer also changes, it will be more komplex. 

If everything goes right, soon it will be available. 

Regards, 

• June 7, 2016 4:40 PM CEST

Any news?

I´m waiting for the update because of the "Sequences"

• 310 posts
    May 25, 2016 2:42 PM CEST

Perfect...

Any idea at what time the update will be available?

[blockquote]Balint Mezei said:

Hello.

I didn´t read the full 13 pages here... Maybe my question is answered somewhere in the posts on these 13 pages...

Shame on me. I ask it directly.

What about the bug with the sequences in the iOS-App? Will this bug also be fixed with the next update?

Thanks and best regards

Mirco

[/blockquote]

Hello!

Yes it will. :) In the new application sequence and clinometer will work pefectly. :)

Regards, 

[/blockquote]

[/blockquote]

Developing is still in progress. :) 

We do our best! :) 

Regards, 

• May 25, 2016 1:16 PM CEST

Perfect...

Any idea at what time the update will be available?

Hello.

I didn´t read the full 13 pages here... Maybe my question is answered somewhere in the posts on these 13 pages...

What about the bug with the sequences in the iOS-App? Will this bug also be fixed with the next update?

Thanks and best regards

Mirco

[/blockquote]

Hello!

Yes it will. :) In the new application sequence and clinometer will work pefectly. :)

Regards, 

[/blockquote]

• May 25, 2016 1:04 PM CEST

Hello.

Thanks and best regards

Mirco

ok but is it possible to have a date for the dispo of the new application for ios Thanks for your help

[/blockquote]

Hello!

Regards, 

[/blockquote]

This post was edited by BERNARD KALFAYAN at May 25, 2016 1:07 PM CEST
    • 310 posts
    May 20, 2016 6:24 PM CEST

Hello.

Thanks and best regards

Mirco

[/blockquote]

Hello!

Regards, 

• May 20, 2016 12:32 PM CEST

Hello.

Thanks and best regards

Mirco

• 310 posts
    May 19, 2016 1:37 PM CEST

[blockquote]The Rebricker said: [blockquote]Balint Mezei said:

Hello guys! 

Some update about the new IOS application. 

We will test the app within a few days. If everything goes right, it will be available within 1-2 weeks. 

After testing the app, we will give you more details, informations about it. 

Thans for the patience, everyone. 

Regards, 

[/blockquote] we are now getting close to 4 weeks from this update and almost 3 months from the first "few weeks". Seems to be taking an awful long time... [/blockquote]

Hello! 

We absolutely understand your compliment. We are continously working on the application. 

Our developers found some buggs, that they have to fix, that is why delay.

Soon the foreign languages option will be ready, and soon the buggs will be fixed. 

As soon as we can share more information, we will. :) 

As we asked several times for your patience, we could also ask for the same. :)

It is worth waiting. :)

Regards, 

• 5 posts
    May 18, 2016 7:36 AM CEST

Hello guys! 

We will test the app within a few days. If everything goes right, it will be available within 1-2 weeks. 

Regards, 

[/blockquote] we are now getting close to 4 weeks from this update and almost 3 months from the first "few weeks". Seems to be taking an awful long time...
    • 310 posts
    May 5, 2016 11:22 AM CEST

Hello Guys! 

Our developers still working on the new application. We are testing it continuously. The forecasts are positive. :) 

If anyone of you could help us to translate the application on his/her language, we would appreciate the help. 

Please write us at, info@sbrick.com 

Thank you for your patience!

Best wishes, 

• 310 posts
    April 21, 2016 12:12 PM CEST

Hello guys! 

Regards, 

• 2 posts
    April 19, 2016 7:02 PM CEST

Hi All,

I have also tried the recomendation from Jakob Peterhänsel. It is spot on and now I can use the SBrick. So just don't use a profile with a Joystick as it uses a "Sequence" and don't load a "clineometer" in you profile. 

So just use the basic sliders and you will be able to use the SBrick on the model until this a "Sequence" or  "clineometer" is rectified 

Thanks for all the help on this and now off to work on the model!

Joe,

• 3 posts
    April 19, 2016 5:45 PM CEST

Jakob you are spot on. Handdrawn worked fine, so yes.

• April 19, 2016 5:37 PM CEST

[blockquote]Ramon Pereira said:

hi, I just did and upgraded fro m4.4 to 4.8, disabled bluetooth on my phone and restarted sbrick after that. The situarion remains the same, the app crashes when I add any  profile, I tried several of the ones for download and it crashes every time. Port testing works fine, I can see the SBrick being detectec and responsive, the problem seems with the App, which is also up to date form the app store.

[/blockquote]

I just added 'Handdrawn..' and 'Horizon Express 1.6' to my app, and they don't crash.

So it seems that you try to load profiles that use the new sequense feature.. :-/

SBrick team:

Adding features that is not available on all platforms, should be easy to code around in the app. I hope you learned a lesson here, and at least push app updates out that filter out profiles with features it dosen't support or simply disable GUI that use it.
    Alternativ is to have the Market store profile versions for the different App versions and simply download a compatible version - this is not rocket science.. ;-)

• 5 posts
    April 19, 2016 5:20 PM CEST

[blockquote]Ramon Pereira said:

hi, I just did and upgraded fro m4.4 to 4.8, disabled bluetooth on my phone and restarted sbrick after that. The situarion remains the same, the app crashes when I add any  profile, I tried several of the ones for download and it crashes every time. Port testing works fine, I can see the SBrick being detectec and responsive, the problem seems with the App, which is also up to date form the app store.

[/blockquote]

I bet your problem is the same thing we are all waiting for to be released. Does the profile that you are loading have either a "Sequence" or a "clineometer" in it? If so, on iOS it will crash the app. This is because the iOS version of the app doesn't yet support it. The sBrick developers keep saying it will be a few more weeks, but now it has been months since they have said that and still no update, so I'm not sure what will be happening or when.

• 3 posts
    April 19, 2016 5:12 PM CEST

• 310 posts
    April 19, 2016 2:27 PM CEST

[blockquote]Ramon Pereira said: Same situation here, iphone 6s plus, ios 9.3.1, bought sBrick with great enthusiasm but I've not been ever able to use it because the app crashes when I add any profile. I am patient, but this kind of issue is really dissapointing because I can't even get basic functionality, It's my most expensive brick. [/blockquote]

Hi, 

Please check your firmware version. The newest is 4.8. 

Could you connect to the SBrick from the Port tester? 

Regards, 

• 3 posts
    April 19, 2016 1:22 PM CEST
    Same situation here, iphone 6s plus, ios 9.3.1, bought sBrick with great enthusiasm but I've not been ever able to use it because the app crashes when I add any profile. I am patient, but this kind of issue is really dissapointing because I can't even get basic functionality, It's my most expensive brick.
    • 310 posts
    April 15, 2016 12:08 PM CEST

[blockquote]Joe Beagle said:

Hi All, 

I am new to the SBrick devices and purchased 4 for two models I am working on. I am using an ipad Air and iPhone 6 both have IOS ver 9.3.1(13e238) . When I try to add a profile to my My Creation the App crashes. 

Any info would be helpful as I am not sure if I am doing something wrong.

Thanks, Joe

[/blockquote]

Hello guys! 

Our developers check out what could be wrong. 

We ask you to be patience for a short time. :) 

Best wishes, 

This post was edited by Balint Mezei at April 15, 2016 12:35 PM CEST
  • April 15, 2016 7:23 AM CEST

Hi, Running iOS 9.3, SBrick App version 3.13. Every time I try to add a creation, at the step where I have to select a profile, the app crashes. I've tried deleting the app, restarting the phone, etc, but it always happens.

Need urgent help, I can't play with my SBrick at all!!!