Forums » Support

Back To Topics

SBrick Android App

• 164 posts
    June 20, 2016 4:41 PM CEST

Dear Mustafa, 

I have a note 3 with android 5.0 too. It works perfectly for me.  
    Can you please create a video about how to try to connect to the SBrick? 

Anway, the new android application will be available soon. Hopefuly we can test the final version this weekend. 

• June 20, 2016 4:31 PM CEST

Hello,

I'm using android 5.0 with samsung note 3 and android 6.0.1 with samsung note 5.

both are not able to find my 3 of sbricks!!!

Although Sbrick is turned on and green light is blink on it, as soon as I try to ad new creation, revert back a msg on the screen "Please turn on the SBrick!"...

what is the reason?

could you please help me.

thanks in advance and regards,

Mustafa

• 310 posts
    May 31, 2016 1:34 PM CEST

[blockquote]Karl Fensterstock said:

[blockquote]VERNET Benoit said:

Hi

Somebody can tell me when the next update will coming, because I have always lots of crash.......

[/blockquote]

I would be interested too !!!

[/blockquote]

Hello! 

We are working on it. 

We found the problem, the update will be available soon. :)

We ask for your patience. 

Regards, 

Balint Mezei - SBrick Team 

• May 29, 2016 7:35 PM CEST

[blockquote]VERNET Benoit said:

Hi

Somebody can tell me when the next update will coming, because I have always lots of crash.......

[/blockquote]

I would be interested too !!!

• 6 posts
    May 29, 2016 7:30 PM CEST

Hi

• 310 posts
    May 28, 2016 12:39 PM CEST

[blockquote]Sangdo Lee said: [blockquote]Balint Mezei said:

[blockquote]Sangdo Lee said: Hi... A package of SBRICK arrived last week... While testing it on my lego racinging car. I have several problems regarding SBRICK compatability. Most of all... I cannot upgrade firmware version! Using android app... when I tried to upgrade the firmware... nothing happened but a message. Can you show me how to update the firmware for my SBRICK?[/blockquote]

Hello! 

Please find "Sbricks" menu option in the application, than click to your appearing SBrick. 

Then, at the bottom of the page you will find an "Update Firmware" option. Please click on it, and it starts updating the firmware of your SBrick. 

Here you can find more support for the application, https://social.sbrick.com/wiki/view/pageId/36/slug/the-app

If
    you have further questions, feel free to ask. :)

Regards, 

[/blockquote] Thanks for your response... However I still need more help... As soon sa I opened the package and installed it into my lego car, I did exactly as what you sad below... But nothing happened.... only a message pop-up saying I have newer hardware than the version of App[/blockquote]

You got the message because you have the newest firmware, so you won't be able to update it. 

What exact compatibility problems did you have? Could you give us more information about it? 

Balint 

[/blockquote] Thanks! Now I understand that firmware update is not necessary for mine. Thus, problems in my SBRICK are not relevant to the F/W version. Three major problems are... -. Abrupt exit of android application: During normal operation, my app. suddenly exits and it should be restarted... -. Even though app. starts without exception and my own model is loaded successfully, SBRICK does not respond to my control... I can recover it by reloading the model repeatedly, or running control pannel and testing a channel. -. While running, SBRICK halts...temporally uncontrollable with my smartphone. I guess this problem is somewhat related to Bluetooth coverage or power density from baterry box.... Thanks.[/blockquote]

Hello!

Yes, you are right, it won't necessary. :) 

This abrupts are seems a special issue, please try to reinstal the application first. 

Low battery box could also be a problem, so please try to charge your batteries. 

If these won't work, please contact us again, and we will help you, don't worry. :) 

I hope i could helped to you. 

Best wishes, 

[/blockquote] It turned out that the abrupt termination I mentioned above is not related to the shortage of power supply form my baterry box. Even with full capacity, the same problem remains. I also tried my App. re-installation, however, nothing changed at all. I guess this problem may be caused by the channel configuration, where two PF motors are connected to one channel port among 4 ports supported by a SBRICK. Can you show me what would happen when more than two XL motors are connected to a SBRICK channel and the current over 2A flows through the channel port.... supposing two XL motors are highly loaded and need more than 1A, respectively. I wondere if this problem could be solved when I seperate two PF motors into two SBRICK channels to avoid current limit in SBRICK channel port. [/blockquote]

Hello! 

I forwarded your problem to our developers. They will check it out, what could be wrong. 

We ask for your patience. :) May I ask you what kind of phone do you use? 

Best wishes, 

[/blockquote] I appreciate for your response ^^a My android phone is Galaxy S6 edge (SM-G925S) with android version 6.0.1. Thanks. [/blockquote]

Thank you, we saved the informations. :) I forwarded it to our developers.

We ask for your patience, thank you! 

This post was edited by Balint Mezei at May 28, 2016 12:40 PM CEST
    • 5 posts
    May 28, 2016 2:59 AM CEST
    [blockquote]Balint Mezei said:

[blockquote]Sangdo Lee said: Hi... A package of SBRICK arrived last week... While testing it on my lego racinging car. I have several problems regarding SBRICK compatability. Most of all... I cannot upgrade firmware version! Using android app... when I tried to upgrade the firmware... nothing happened but a message. Can you show me how to update the firmware for my SBRICK?[/blockquote]

Hello! 

Please find "Sbricks" menu option in the application, than click to your appearing SBrick. 

Then, at the bottom of the page you will find an "Update Firmware" option. Please click on it, and it starts updating the firmware of your SBrick. 

Here you can find more support for the application, https://social.sbrick.com/wiki/view/pageId/36/slug/the-app

If

Regards, 

[/blockquote] Thanks for your response... However I still need more help... As soon sa I opened the package and installed it into my lego car, I did exactly as what you sad below... But nothing happened.... only a message pop-up saying I have newer hardware than the version of App[/blockquote]

You got the message because you have the newest firmware, so you won't be able to update it. 

What exact compatibility problems did you have? Could you give us more information about it? 

Balint 

[/blockquote] Thanks! Now I understand that firmware update is not necessary for mine. Thus, problems in my SBRICK are not relevant to the F/W version. Three major problems are... -. Abrupt exit of android application: During normal operation, my app. suddenly exits and it should be restarted... -. Even though app. starts without exception and my own model is loaded successfully, SBRICK does not respond to my control... I can recover it by reloading the model repeatedly, or running control pannel and testing a channel. -. While running, SBRICK halts...temporally uncontrollable with my smartphone. I guess this problem is somewhat related to Bluetooth coverage or power density from baterry box.... Thanks.[/blockquote]

Hello!

This abrupts are seems a special issue, please try to reinstal the application first. 

Low battery box could also be a problem, so please try to charge your batteries. 

If these won't work, please contact us again, and we will help you, don't worry. :) 

Best wishes, 

[/blockquote] It turned out that the abrupt termination I mentioned above is not related to the shortage of power supply form my baterry box. Even with full capacity, the same problem remains. I also tried my App. re-installation, however, nothing changed at all. I guess this problem may be caused by the channel configuration, where two PF motors are connected to one channel port among 4 ports supported by a SBRICK. Can you show me what would happen when more than two XL motors are connected to a SBRICK channel and the current over 2A flows through the channel port.... supposing two XL motors are highly loaded and need more than 1A, respectively. I wondere if this problem could be solved when I seperate two PF motors into two SBRICK channels to avoid current limit in SBRICK channel port. [/blockquote]

Hello! 

I forwarded your problem to our developers. They will check it out, what could be wrong. 

Best wishes, 

[/blockquote] I appreciate for your response ^^a My android phone is Galaxy S6 edge (SM-G925S) with android version 6.0.1. Thanks.
    • 310 posts
    May 27, 2016 1:50 PM CEST

Hello! 

If

Regards, 

Balint 

Hello!

Best wishes, 

Hello! 

Best wishes, 

• 5 posts
    May 27, 2016 7:46 AM CEST

Hello! 

If

Regards, 

Balint 

Hello!

Best wishes, 

[/blockquote] It turned out that the abrupt termination I mentioned above is not related to the shortage of power supply form my baterry box. Even with full capacity, the same problem remains. I also tried my App. re-installation, however, nothing changed at all. I guess this problem may be caused by the channel configuration, where two PF motors are connected to one channel port among 4 ports supported by a SBRICK. Can you show me what would happen when more than two XL motors are connected to a SBRICK channel and the current over 2A flows through the channel port.... supposing two XL motors are highly loaded and need more than 1A, respectively. I wondere if this problem could be solved when I seperate two PF motors into two SBRICK channels to avoid current limit in SBRICK channel port.
    • 310 posts
    May 24, 2016 7:51 PM CEST

Hello! 

If

Regards, 

Balint 

Hello!

Best wishes, 

• 5 posts
    May 24, 2016 6:30 AM CEST

Hello! 

If

Regards, 

Balint 

[/blockquote] Thanks! Now I understand that firmware update is not necessary for mine. Thus, problems in my SBRICK are not relevant to the F/W version. Three major problems are... -. Abrupt exit of android application: During normal operation, my app. suddenly exits and it should be restarted... -. Even though app. starts without exception and my own model is loaded successfully, SBRICK does not respond to my control... I can recover it by reloading the model repeatedly, or running control pannel and testing a channel. -. While running, SBRICK halts...temporally uncontrollable with my smartphone. I guess this problem is somewhat related to Bluetooth coverage or power density from baterry box.... Thanks.
    • 310 posts
    May 23, 2016 10:18 PM CEST

Hello! 

If

Regards, 

Balint 

• 5 posts
    May 23, 2016 3:23 PM CEST

Hello! 

If

Regards, 

[/blockquote] Thanks for your response... However I still need more help... As soon sa I opened the package and installed it into my lego car, I did exactly as what you sad below... But nothing happened.... only a message pop-up saying I have newer hardware than the version of App
    • 310 posts
    May 23, 2016 3:06 PM CEST

Hello! 

If

Regards, 

This post was edited by Balint Mezei at May 23, 2016 3:06 PM CEST
    • 5 posts
    May 23, 2016 1:16 PM CEST
    Hi...

A package of SBRICK arrived last week...

While testing it on my lego racinging car.

I have several problems regarding SBRICK compatability.

Most of all... I cannot upgrade firmware version!

Using android app... when I tried to upgrade the firmware... nothing happened but a message.

Can you show me how to update the firmware for my SBRICK?
  • May 5, 2016 11:42 PM CEST

When there is finally an update which then might also works with my equipment?

The latest version V 2.0.2 is indeed already 8 weeks old!

• 310 posts
    May 5, 2016 11:54 AM CEST

[blockquote]Ogel Freak said:

Got 2 Sbricks today and tested with 2 Android devices (both on 5.1.1)

- Nexus 4 -> Doesn't work. App says it's connected but nothing happens when I turn a slider or something.

- Nvidia Shield K1 -> Works without any problems. Don't even have to pair the SBrick ;-)

[/blockquote]

Hi,

Which firmware version do you have? The newest is 4.8. If you have an older version you have to update it. 

After updating you have to restart your phone. Everytime you update you should restart it. 
    If it doesen't work, please download the SBrick simple control application, (It is available on google play), and try the brick with that. 

If you tried all of these, and nothing could solved the problem, please write us again. 

Regards, 

[/blockquote]

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback. Installed the newest firmware.

The Nexus 4 now works with the 'Simple control' app but not with the normal SBrick app.

Regards, Frank

[/blockquote]

Hello Frank! 

We are continuously working on solving this issue. 

Soon it will be fixed. 

We ask for some patience. 

Regards, 

This post was edited by Balint Mezei at May 5, 2016 11:55 AM CEST
    • 2 posts
    April 26, 2016 5:12 PM CEST

Got 2 Sbricks today and tested with 2 Android devices (both on 5.1.1)

- Nexus 4 -> Doesn't work. App says it's connected but nothing happens when I turn a slider or something.

- Nvidia Shield K1 -> Works without any problems. Don't even have to pair the SBrick ;-)

[/blockquote]

Hi,

Which firmware version do you have? The newest is 4.8. If you have an older version you have to update it. 

After updating you have to restart your phone. Everytime you update you should restart it. 
    If it doesen't work, please download the SBrick simple control application, (It is available on google play), and try the brick with that. 

If you tried all of these, and nothing could solved the problem, please write us again. 

Regards, 

[/blockquote]

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback. Installed the newest firmware.

The Nexus 4 now works with the 'Simple control' app but not with the normal SBrick app.

Regards, Frank

• 310 posts
    April 23, 2016 1:27 PM CEST

[blockquote]Stephan Froden said:

-= Lynx =- - thanks for the tip.  I played around a bit more and found the following:

• Let's say you want to "move" something on the phone screen, and this might take 1 second to complete.
    • Then let's say that you want to "swipe" something, and this might take 0.5 seconds.
    • Then let's say that you want to "flick" something, and this might take 0.1 seconds.
    • Well, to get past the tutorial screens, I had to "flick" each screen very fast.  Much faster than a "swipe", and even faster than a "flick".

@ Balint Mezei - I am using a HTC One running Android 5.0.2

Now... I am in the App proper, but all of my profiles and creations from before I upgraded have disappeared.  Is this normal?  Each time I update the App, do I have to set-up everything all over again?  What is the incentive to update if I'm going to lose all my configurations each time?

I understand the SBrick and App have some advantages over the Lego PF IR controls (when they work), but the Lego PF IR controls have one huge advantage: THEY WORK!  You insert the batteries into your creation and remotes, turn them on, and they work.  I don't want to have to play around with dodgy Apps each time I want to control my creations, and so far the SBrick and App have been much too unreliable.

I have now lost interest in the SBrick once again.  Maybe I'll try again in another year.

[/blockquote]

Hello! 

Thank you for sharing this information with us. 

We are working on the new application continuously.

With it you won't need to set all the things from the start. 

Best wishes, 

Balint Mezei - SBick Team 

• 6 posts
    April 21, 2016 9:43 PM CEST

-= Lynx =- - thanks for the tip.  I played around a bit more and found the following:

• Let's say you want to "move" something on the phone screen, and this might take 1 second to complete.
    • Then let's say that you want to "swipe" something, and this might take 0.5 seconds.
    • Then let's say that you want to "flick" something, and this might take 0.1 seconds.
    • Well, to get past the tutorial screens, I had to "flick" each screen very fast.  Much faster than a "swipe", and even faster than a "flick".

@ Balint Mezei - I am using a HTC One running Android 5.0.2

Now... I am in the App proper, but all of my profiles and creations from before I upgraded have disappeared.  Is this normal?  Each time I update the App, do I have to set-up everything all over again?  What is the incentive to update if I'm going to lose all my configurations each time?

I understand the SBrick and App have some advantages over the Lego PF IR controls (when they work), but the Lego PF IR controls have one huge advantage: THEY WORK!  You insert the batteries into your creation and remotes, turn them on, and they work.  I don't want to have to play around with dodgy Apps each time I want to control my creations, and so far the SBrick and App have been much too unreliable.

I have now lost interest in the SBrick once again.  Maybe I'll try again in another year.

This post was edited by Stephan Froden at April 21, 2016 9:46 PM CEST
    • 310 posts
    April 19, 2016 12:15 PM CEST

[blockquote]Bram Verbout said:

Hi guys,

I designed a profile for the Lucio Crashtender, just like he made in his instructions. My S-Brick app on my telephone (Sony Xperia Z1) says I have to choose a 16:9, so I did. So I made a profile, just like Lucio described. When I use the app, I can choose public profiles but not my own designed profile. It doesn't appear in my profile list. I already made another one like the first one but i still cannot see it on the telephone. I saved my work at the https://designer.sbrick.com/ so I can see the 2 profiles any time when I log in on to the site. 

The S-Brick is working because when I choose for example the "Hand drawn driving controls v3.2, the light button is working and some of the lights on the crashtender are working. 

So I'm wondering what I do wrong, the S-Brick is actived, the phone-app is working and updated.

Can you help me?

Regards,

TallBoyBram 

[/blockquote]

Hello! 

How many account do you have? 

We think that the problem could be that you use another account in your application and in the Profile Designer (at the same time in this site.)

Please check this, if we were wrong, please write us at info@sbrick.com 

Best wishes, 

• 2 posts
    April 18, 2016 6:05 PM CEST

Hi guys,

I designed a profile for the Lucio Crashtender, just like he made in his instructions. My S-Brick app on my telephone (Sony Xperia Z1) says I have to choose a 16:9, so I did. So I made a profile, just like Lucio described. When I use the app, I can choose public profiles but not my own designed profile. It doesn't appear in my profile list. I already made another one like the first one but i still cannot see it on the telephone. I saved my work at the https://designer.sbrick.com/ so I can see the 2 profiles any time when I log in on to the site. 

The S-Brick is working because when I choose for example the "Hand drawn driving controls v3.2, the light button is working and some of the lights on the crashtender are working. 

So I'm wondering what I do wrong, the S-Brick is actived, the phone-app is working and updated.

Can you help me?

Regards,

TallBoyBram 

• 310 posts
    April 12, 2016 2:20 PM CEST

I got 2 SBricks as part of the KickStarter campaign.  At the time, the Android app was crap, so I basically put them aside and haven't used the SBricks since (feeling that they were a waste of money until a usable app was available).

I recently decided to try and give the SBrick another go.  I downloaded the lastest version from the Google App Store.  When it loads it now shows a screen that says "Thank you for downloading SBrick.  Now you will see a short tutorial about how to use the application.  Swipe left".

In theory, this sounds great, because the old app was not very intuitive, so some sort of tutorial is welcome.

However, the App won't let me swipe left as directed.  It won't let me swipe in any direction.  I just see that same into to the tutorial screen the entire time.

So, from my point-of-view, the app is still crap.  How am I supposed to use the app if I can't get past the tutorial?

Sorry if this has been covered before... I haven't read through the entire 43 pages in this topic yet.

[/blockquote]

Hi, 

What kind of device do you use? I forward this issue to our developers. :) 

Soon we will post some tutorial videos, it may help. :) 

Regards, 

This post was edited by Balint Mezei at April 12, 2016 2:20 PM CEST
    • 310 posts
    April 12, 2016 2:14 PM CEST

[blockquote]-= Lynx =- said:

I got 2 SBricks as part of the KickStarter campaign.  At the time, the Android app was crap, so I basically put them aside and haven't used the SBricks since (feeling that they were a waste of money until a usable app was available).

I recently decided to try and give the SBrick another go.  I downloaded the lastest version from the Google App Store.  When it loads it now shows a screen that says "Thank you for downloading SBrick.  Now you will see a short tutorial about how to use the application.  Swipe left".

In theory, this sounds great, because the old app was not very intuitive, so some sort of tutorial is welcome.

However, the App won't let me swipe left as directed.  It won't let me swipe in any direction.  I just see that same into to the tutorial screen the entire time.

So, from my point-of-view, the app is still crap.  How am I supposed to use the app if I can't get past the tutorial?

Sorry if this has been covered before... I haven't read through the entire 43 pages in this topic yet.

[/blockquote]

Haha. Just tried that too. Yes, for some reason swiping in tutorial works awful. I got it working by swiping from center of screen, 1 in 5 swipes actually changes page.

Try that, because app (if it works for you) is really great now. For my purposes, it covers all functionality I need.

If swiping works, don't forget to uncheck checkbox at the end, to skip this "fun" next time. Hope this helps.

[/blockquote]

Thank you for the information! :) 

• April 12, 2016 11:24 AM CEST

The app is still big crap. Meanwhile there are on Kickstarter similar projek I support now.

This looks a lot better and then end my two SBricks in the trash.