Forums » Support

Back To Topics

SBrick Android App

• 16 posts
    April 12, 2016 9:11 AM CEST

[blockquote]Stephan Froden said:

I got 2 SBricks as part of the KickStarter campaign.  At the time, the Android app was crap, so I basically put them aside and haven't used the SBricks since (feeling that they were a waste of money until a usable app was available).

I recently decided to try and give the SBrick another go.  I downloaded the lastest version from the Google App Store.  When it loads it now shows a screen that says "Thank you for downloading SBrick.  Now you will see a short tutorial about how to use the application.  Swipe left".

In theory, this sounds great, because the old app was not very intuitive, so some sort of tutorial is welcome.

However, the App won't let me swipe left as directed.  It won't let me swipe in any direction.  I just see that same into to the tutorial screen the entire time.

So, from my point-of-view, the app is still crap.  How am I supposed to use the app if I can't get past the tutorial?

Sorry if this has been covered before... I haven't read through the entire 43 pages in this topic yet.

[/blockquote]

Haha. Just tried that too. Yes, for some reason swiping in tutorial works awful. I got it working by swiping from center of screen, 1 in 5 swipes actually changes page.

Try that, because app (if it works for you) is really great now. For my purposes, it covers all functionality I need.

If swiping works, don't forget to uncheck checkbox at the end, to skip this "fun" next time. Hope this helps.

• 6 posts
    April 12, 2016 7:00 AM CEST

I got 2 SBricks as part of the KickStarter campaign.  At the time, the Android app was crap, so I basically put them aside and haven't used the SBricks since (feeling that they were a waste of money until a usable app was available).

I recently decided to try and give the SBrick another go.  I downloaded the lastest version from the Google App Store.  When it loads it now shows a screen that says "Thank you for downloading SBrick.  Now you will see a short tutorial about how to use the application.  Swipe left".

In theory, this sounds great, because the old app was not very intuitive, so some sort of tutorial is welcome.

However, the App won't let me swipe left as directed.  It won't let me swipe in any direction.  I just see that same into to the tutorial screen the entire time.

So, from my point-of-view, the app is still crap.  How am I supposed to use the app if I can't get past the tutorial?

Sorry if this has been covered before... I haven't read through the entire 43 pages in this topic yet.

• April 9, 2016 8:18 PM CEST

After the first contact of a slider !!! Whether on Galaxy S4 or Livetab.

Screenshot from my S4

Photo from Livetab

Simple Control is working properly on both Devices.

• 310 posts
    April 8, 2016 3:09 PM CEST

[blockquote]Karl Fensterstock said:

When will finally have a working version for the Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9515 and

LIFETAB S8312 published?

Any other Bluetooth application works with these devices properly.

[/blockquote]

Hello Karl, 

Have you tried the simple control application? (You can download it from Google play) 
    What is your exact problem with the 2.0.2 version? Did your device find the Sbrick or where does it stuck? 

In the next week we will test a new driver, that hopefully solve this problem. But till the new update there is 2-3 weeks, so we should ask for some patience. 

Fortunately, on most of the devices it works, we are sorry that on your device it doesen't. We do our best to fix this isuse as soon as possible. 

Thanks for your patience, 

Regards, 

Balint Mezei - SBrick Team 

• April 7, 2016 6:27 PM CEST

When will finally have a working version for the Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9515 and

LIFETAB S8312 published?

Any other Bluetooth application works with these devices properly.

This post was edited by Karl Fensterstock at April 7, 2016 6:29 PM CEST
    • 310 posts
    April 6, 2016 6:36 PM CEST

[blockquote]Ogel Freak said:

Got 2 Sbricks today and tested with 2 Android devices (both on 5.1.1)

- Nexus 4 -> Doesn't work. App says it's connected but nothing happens when I turn a slider or something.

- Nvidia Shield K1 -> Works without any problems. Don't even have to pair the SBrick ;-)

[/blockquote]

Hi,

Which firmware version do you have? The newest is 4.8. If you have an older version you have to update it. 

After updating you have to restart your phone. Everytime you update you should restart it. 
    If it doesen't work, please download the SBrick simple control application, (It is available on google play), and try the brick with that. 

If you tried all of these, and nothing could solved the problem, please write us again. 

Regards, 

• 2 posts
    April 4, 2016 4:35 PM CEST

Got 2 Sbricks today and tested with 2 Android devices (both on 5.1.1)

- Nexus 4 -> Doesn't work. App says it's connected but nothing happens when I turn a slider or something.

- Nvidia Shield K1 -> Works without any problems. Don't even have to pair the SBrick ;-)

This post was edited by Ogel Freak at April 4, 2016 4:35 PM CEST
  • March 29, 2016 4:21 PM CEST

[blockquote]Marc Jaouen said:

[blockquote]Muhamad Khairi Safari said:

my prob is the app cant see th sbrick at all only the simple controller app works to update the firmware other than that its not working..

[/blockquote]

Did you try to pair the SBrick first?

- Reset all bluettoth services, apss, etc...

- Deactivate and reactivate the Bluetooth

- Check if the phone sees the SBrick and pair it

- Go in the app and check if it sees the SBrick

[/blockquote]

I tried all that also the phone would pair with the sbrick but disconnects immediately.

• 99 posts
    March 28, 2016 2:57 PM CEST

my prob is the app cant see th sbrick at all only the simple controller app works to update the firmware other than that its not working..

[/blockquote]

Did you try to pair the SBrick first?

- Reset all bluettoth services, apss, etc...

- Deactivate and reactivate the Bluetooth

- Check if the phone sees the SBrick and pair it

- Go in the app and check if it sees the SBrick

• March 28, 2016 10:31 AM CEST

[blockquote]Marc Jaouen said:

apparently i tried on my buddy's xiaomi phone on android 4.4 and it works perfectly.. so i suspect its the app 

[/blockquote]

I have observed similar situations after receiving my new Sbrick (replacing the older faulty one).

- I have a Sony Xperia (Lollipop) and an older Galaxy Note (Kit-Kat)

- Both could see the SBrick, but the Sony couldn't connect nor update the firmware

- I managed to update the firmware with the Simple Controller App on the Galaxy Note

- I had to pair the SBrick on the the Xperia before it could work with app v2.0

- Everything went fine after that, I can even connect to both SBrick at the same time or one by one (the app v2 is great for that)

All in all, it works perfecly, only the firmware update was a bit difficult (yet possible).

[/blockquote]

• 99 posts
    March 27, 2016 10:43 AM CEST

apparently i tried on my buddy's xiaomi phone on android 4.4 and it works perfectly.. so i suspect its the app 

[/blockquote]

I have observed similar situations after receiving my new Sbrick (replacing the older faulty one).

- I have a Sony Xperia (Lollipop) and an older Galaxy Note (Kit-Kat)

- Both could see the SBrick, but the Sony couldn't connect nor update the firmware

- I managed to update the firmware with the Simple Controller App on the Galaxy Note

- I had to pair the SBrick on the the Xperia before it could work with app v2.0

- Everything went fine after that, I can even connect to both SBrick at the same time or one by one (the app v2 is great for that)

All in all, it works perfecly, only the firmware update was a bit difficult (yet possible).

• 310 posts
    March 25, 2016 1:24 PM CET

[/blockquote]

Hi, 

We check out what could be wrong.
    On most of the android phones the application works fine, but there are some device on which for some reason it doesen't.
    We are working on solving this problem. 

We should ask for your patience, 

Regards, 

• March 24, 2016 2:13 AM CET

• March 24, 2016 1:56 AM CET

i just got my sbrink even after upgrading the firmare on the sbrick to 4.8 i still cant connect to it using the Sbrick App v2.0 Update 2..

My phone is LG G4 android 6.0

• 310 posts
    March 20, 2016 8:15 PM CET

[blockquote]bricker bricker 72 said:

[blockquote]Balint Mezei said:

Yesterday I updated my SBrick app and now it does not function good anymore!!!!

App version v2.0.2

Firmware version 8

Hardware version 4

Android 5.1.1

Samsung neo 5

Sometimes I have to start a profile I few times before the SBrick responds although it is connected! And then it works but when I want to use a profile white more than 1 SBrick only 1 works and I can see that it is connected with the other ones  but they do not respond.

When I test the bricks they work perfectly, but when I open a profile then I get the problem as mentioned.

My conclusion is there is nothing wrong with my phone or SBricks  but there is something wrong within the app.

What to do to solve the problem?????????

I already tried a lot to solve it, I tried all the suggestions mentioned here on this forum but they do not work!

I hope to hear from you soon,

with regards,

Bricker Bricker 72

[/blockquote]

Hello, 

I forwarded this problem to our developers. They try to fix it as soon as possible. 

Thank you for the report. 

Regards, 

[/blockquote]

thanks for your reply but how do I find out when my problem is solved? and what I need to do to solve it.

Kind regards,

Bricker Bricker 72

[/blockquote]

Hello, 

Others have also experienced this problem. Our developers check out what could be wrong. 
    In the next version it will be fixed. Your phone will offer you the update, you will see immediately. (Thorugh Google Play) 

May i ask you, what kind of phone do you have? 

Regards, 

[/blockquote]

samsung galaxy S5 Neo, and do I have to remove the app and than download it again or wil it go automaticly within the app?

kind regards,

bricker Bricker 72

[/blockquote]

It will go automaticly. :) 

Thank you for the information. :) 

Regards, 

• March 19, 2016 5:24 PM CET

App version v2.0.2

Firmware version 8

Hardware version 4

Android 5.1.1

Samsung neo 5

Sometimes I have to start a profile I few times before the SBrick responds although it is connected! And then it works but when I want to use a profile white more than 1 SBrick only 1 works and I can see that it is connected with the other ones  but they do not respond.

When I test the bricks they work perfectly, but when I open a profile then I get the problem as mentioned.

My conclusion is there is nothing wrong with my phone or SBricks  but there is something wrong within the app.

I already tried a lot to solve it, I tried all the suggestions mentioned here on this forum but they do not work!

with regards,

Bricker Bricker 72

[/blockquote]

Hello, 

I forwarded this problem to our developers. They try to fix it as soon as possible. 

Regards, 

[/blockquote]

thanks for your reply but how do I find out when my problem is solved? and what I need to do to solve it.

Kind regards,

Bricker Bricker 72

[/blockquote]

Hello, 

Others have also experienced this problem. Our developers check out what could be wrong. 
    In the next version it will be fixed. Your phone will offer you the update, you will see immediately. (Thorugh Google Play) 

Regards, 

[/blockquote]

samsung galaxy S5 Neo, and do I have to remove the app and than download it again or wil it go automaticly within the app?

kind regards,

bricker Bricker 72

This post was edited by bricker bricker 72 at March 19, 2016 5:26 PM CET
    • 310 posts
    March 19, 2016 12:03 PM CET

App version v2.0.2

Firmware version 8

Hardware version 4

Android 5.1.1

Samsung neo 5

with regards,

Bricker Bricker 72

[/blockquote]

Hello, 

Regards, 

[/blockquote]

Kind regards,

Bricker Bricker 72

[/blockquote]

Hello, 

Regards, 

• 310 posts
    March 17, 2016 6:36 PM CET

[blockquote]Paolo DGZ said:

Hi!

Our developers checking the issue as soon as possible. Thank you for the report.

Please try to restart your phone maybe it will solve the problem. After every FW update you should restart it.

Regards,

[/blockquote]

from the 1.6.1 ap i saw that the hardwere is the 4.3 and the softwere the 4.3, it works but not really good (the profile joystick look a little bit oval and button output values seems not to work) but when i download the newer app and i click on "sbricks" it does not show mine also if it is paired and works with the older one before (i have disistalled it). now i'm trying with my ipod 5th gen

EDIT with the 3.13 build 509 app on my ipod all works great, i think the problem is in the in-app pairing method of the android version

[/blockquote]

Hi, 

We don't support 1.6 anymore. We try to develop 2.0.2 further. 

Those who cannot use it by now, we should ask for patience, soon we will fix it. 

Till that time you can use 1.6. 

Regards, 

• March 16, 2016 6:57 PM CET

App version v2.0.2

Firmware version 8

Hardware version 4

Android 5.1.1

Samsung neo 5

with regards,

Bricker Bricker 72

[/blockquote]

Hello, 

Regards, 

[/blockquote]

Kind regards,

Bricker Bricker 72

• 11 posts
    March 16, 2016 5:32 PM CET

Hi!

Our developers checking the issue as soon as possible. Thank you for the report.

Please try to restart your phone maybe it will solve the problem. After every FW update you should restart it.

Regards,

[/blockquote]

from the 1.6.1 ap i saw that the hardwere is the 4.3 and the softwere the 4.3, it works but not really good (the profile joystick look a little bit oval and button output values seems not to work) but when i download the newer app and i click on "sbricks" it does not show mine also if it is paired and works with the older one before (i have disistalled it). now i'm trying with my ipod 5th gen

EDIT with the 3.13 build 509 app on my ipod all works great, i think the problem is in the in-app pairing method of the android version

This post was edited by Paolo DGZ at March 16, 2016 5:56 PM CET
    • 310 posts
    March 16, 2016 1:30 PM CET

[blockquote]Paolo DGZ said:

Also i have some problems with the new app, i'm woth a galaxy s4 mini with android 4.4.4, i tried the 1.6 version and the sbrick works normal, but the new one is unable to connect with it, also the sbrick does not appear in the sbrick list, with the 1.6 app i updated the firmwere but nothing change, if i try to set a profile the app stuck saying me to turn on the sbrick when i'm editing the channels

[/blockquote]

Hi! 

Regards, 

• 310 posts
    March 16, 2016 1:28 PM CET

App version v2.0.2

Firmware version 8

Hardware version 4

Android 5.1.1

Samsung neo 5

with regards,

Bricker Bricker 72

[/blockquote]

Hello, 

Regards, 

• 310 posts
    March 16, 2016 1:23 PM CET

[blockquote]Frederic Ayrault said:

[blockquote]Tamas Misik said:

Hi Guys,

Thanks for your patience. The new (2.0.2.) android application available on google play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.vengit.sbrick&hl=en

[/blockquote]

Today I have to congratulate Vengit Team for the new version. I have quickly test it and now I will be able to control my train, a crossing and a switch.

For the train I use a slider (auto reset yes) and a button (auto reset yes and output 0) and it works perfectly the slider control the motor and the button stops the motor (the slider also goes to the middle position :-)

For the crossing or swith I use to button (auto reset yes, using the same channel but with the output set to 1 for the first one and -1 for the second) and this is also working the motor turn clockwise with one button and in the opposit direction with the other.

Edit : I just have a little problem. I have set up the slider to control 2 motors in opposit direction (I have 2 88002 on the same train base 6x28) and most of the time the motors does not start at the same time and a few time one turns but not the other :-(

Edit2 : I made a new profile with 11 buttons all with auto reset no and output set from 0 to 1 with a .1 step the problem only occurs with .4 (mimum value to start a motor) there is no problem when using .5 and more I this this can be a motor issue

But when I use the buttons the 2 motors starts at time but I still have the problem when I use the slider

Once again thank you for this release

[/blockquote]

Hello!

There is a "+" sign, where you can set the ports. There you can add more ports to one slider. 

I hope, I could helped to you. 

Best wishes, 

• 11 posts
    March 15, 2016 11:12 PM CET

Also i have some problems with the new app, i'm woth a galaxy s4 mini with android 4.4.4, i tried the 1.6 version and the sbrick works normal, but the new one is unable to connect with it, also the sbrick does not appear in the sbrick list, with the 1.6 app i updated the firmwere but nothing change, if i try to set a profile the app stuck saying me to turn on the sbrick when i'm editing the channels

• March 15, 2016 5:44 PM CET

App version v2.0.2

Firmware version 8

Hardware version 4

Android 5.1.1

Samsung neo 5

with regards,

Bricker Bricker 72

This post was edited by bricker bricker 72 at March 15, 2016 7:24 PM CET