- Some problem with Sbrick scanner fixed
    - Sbrick connection issue when scanned device not working fixed
    - Youtube video player crash fixed

Please extend the mobile compatibility list here: http://goo.gl/R0IGmy
    Direct download link: https://www.sbrick.com/apk/SBrick_0041.apk

• 4 posts
    January 23, 2015 3:04 PM CET

Hello Morton

I had almost the similar problem and was trying hard to get a solution for me.

If You like to get some experience from me, please mail to me: nikolausp55(at)web.de and I will contact you asap.

best regards

Nikolaus

• 95 posts
    January 23, 2015 10:57 AM CET

I am really suprised there is no update to fix v35 (last time v26 came very quickly to fix v25a)

I am also waiting to get more features in the android app (like the demo of the horizon express train with ios for example)

Thank you

This post was edited by Frederic Ayrault at January 23, 2015 10:58 AM CET
    • 7 posts
    January 22, 2015 7:29 PM CET

I mailed you about this issue before....

Today I tried to conect to my SBrick, no luck. I first used a Samsung galaxy S4 then a galaxy s3 then an Iphone 5s then an Ipad........nothing will connect to my SBrick. And since you have told me to post this on the forum (don't know why, never heard of anything like it) well....I will.

How can you keep telling me that you are working on an Android app when my SBrick will not connect to an ios device either? Why do you not consider the possibility that something might be wrong with my SBrick?

If I am making a mistake, please let me know. I have been able to connect to my SBrick once and the controls were delayed and very bad.....long time to react and lost connection or app crashed over and over......

I've been looking at the SBrick in my 42030 for almost a month now, and never have I been able to do what any video on youtube shows.....WHY?????????? Can I return my Sbrick and get my money back? Cause I'm done......was supposed to represent SBrick at an RC event here in Denmark in may, but how is that possible when I cna't get the Brick to work??

• 95 posts
    January 20, 2015 9:31 AM CET

I am trying to control two SBrick in the same set (using v26) without success

First I have created one set controlling the first SBrick, another one for the second SBrick

Both are working correctly. I can switch between the sets

Then I create a new set with both Sbrick linked but I can only control one Sbrick

Is it a bug, something not working yet or I made a mistake?

I am also not able to control two channels with the same slider

This post was edited by Frederic Ayrault at January 20, 2015 9:33 AM CET
  • January 20, 2015 6:45 AM CET

Thanks Matej,

Both solutions worked for me. I guess the latest release of the app was faulty?

[blockquote]Matej Papluh said:

[blockquote]Oleksandr Barannyk said:

I have some problems with two of my recently ordered sbriks. I was trying to initialize them (one at a time) through the android app on my Galaxy S5. While the app was able to recognize both bricks, their functions did not work at all. At this point I am not sure either bricks are faulty or android app s doing anything wierd...

Any suggestions?

[/blockquote]

I suggest to try the older version from the link above your post.

If it does not help, try the nRF control panel app 

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=no.nordicsemi.android.mcp&hl=en

See if it can discover services and for example turn on-off the LED. More info here

https://social.sbrick.com/forums/topic/58/release-of-the-protocoll  (big post by Tamás Fábián )

and example on Jorge's video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_NeGcnJVZw ( in HD you can even read the saved commands)

[/blockquote]

• 17 posts
    January 19, 2015 11:15 PM CET

I think the most important thing, is if you can get it to work via the Brick Management tool. From start to finish, that has always worked for me on an S4.

Where I was failing, was mainly due to lacking interface design. When you create a set for yourself. You add a brick, then add a profile from the market, then you need to click on the brick. That will bring up an interface to link the controls to the ports. That makes previously completely useless profiles into things that actually work.

For some reason the visuals of the latest GamePad 2 profile seem messed up. You get the circle in the middle from another profile and you have to back track to get rid of it.

Would be nice if you could delete sets. The delete set button is still useless in both browse and edit pages.

• 34 posts
    January 18, 2015 2:12 PM CET

[blockquote]Oleksandr Barannyk said:

I have some problems with two of my recently ordered sbriks. I was trying to initialize them (one at a time) through the android app on my Galaxy S5. While the app was able to recognize both bricks, their functions did not work at all. At this point I am not sure either bricks are faulty or android app s doing anything wierd...

Any suggestions?

[/blockquote]

I suggest to try the older version from the link above your post.

If it does not help, try the nRF control panel app 

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=no.nordicsemi.android.mcp&hl=en

See if it can discover services and for example turn on-off the LED. More info here

https://social.sbrick.com/forums/topic/58/release-of-the-protocoll  (big post by Tamás Fábián )

and example on Jorge's video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_NeGcnJVZw ( in HD you can even read the saved commands)

This post was edited by Matej Papluh at January 18, 2015 2:13 PM CET
    • 5 posts
    January 18, 2015 1:24 PM CET

+1 for what Matej Papluh reports. Tested 0.35 on Nexus 7 (2013) and Nexus 5 and face the same symptoms. It is not usable at all :/

• January 18, 2015 9:44 AM CET

Any suggestions?

• 340 posts
    January 17, 2015 4:34 PM CET

It sounds bad. :(

I asked the dev team to check this asap.

0.22 still available here: http://sbrick.com/apk/SBrick_0026.apk

• 16 posts
    January 17, 2015 4:21 PM CET

I installed 0.35 on my Asus Memopad 7, and I was able to access all functions that worked previously, but it is significantly less stable than 0.26 (freezes, BT that looks desperately for device, and so on).

• 34 posts
    January 17, 2015 2:41 PM CET

Upgrade to 0.35 on Nexus7 and I haven't found a way to make it work

• Motors do not respond in port tester, MOC port tester, profile (Test 2)
    • Even the LED cannot be turned on
    • Sometimes it gets to the state that it won't be found at all needing power cycle on SBrick (did not happen on 0.26 or very seldom)
    • lot of crashes on screens where there were none on 0.26 - profile (test2), managing brick in moc - Android report tool says problem in Bluetooth Share 4.4.4
    • Sometimes it ends up in a state that the SBrick does not even respond to "dicovering services" on nRF afterwards
    • Couldn't discover all bricks service popping up

When I return to 0.26 all that works.

edit: For a moment, I got some response on the port setup screen, then going to profile (test 2) the BT Share crash and no response anywhere again.

This post was edited by Matej Papluh at January 17, 2015 2:59 PM CET
    • 95 posts
    January 17, 2015 11:06 AM CET

[blockquote]Alexey Tikhvinsky said: On my Xperia Z Ultra new 35 app version totally don't want to work. App crashes in the profile page, in port test page and in starting screen. Port tester and any profile control simply don't work. No way to get at least one engine work. I have to go back to the previous stable version. [/blockquote]

I have the same problem with my S4

• January 17, 2015 7:48 AM CET
    On my Xperia Z Ultra new 35 app version totally don't want to work. App crashes in the profile page, in port test page and in starting screen. Port tester and any profile control simply don't work. No way to get at least one engine work. I have to go back to the previous stable version.
    • 5 posts
    January 17, 2015 12:02 AM CET

when will the running application on android?

This post was edited by Michal G at January 17, 2015 12:04 AM CET
  • January 16, 2015 11:39 PM CET

[blockquote]Javier García said:

To control the SBrick from profiles you have to asign one Sbrick to the profile and you have to asign actions for each of the four Sbrick's channels.

To do this you have to edit the profile and in the "linked SBricks" you have to select one of them and you get a new window with "Ports and Channels" where you have to asign actions to each port.

I hope this help you!

[/blockquote]

Oh, that's my fault! I did not realize i had to do this step. Very sorry! :( Now is working!

Thanks for your suggestion, Javier!

• 5 posts
    January 16, 2015 11:24 PM CET

Except video tutorial not new in new version of application :-(

• 12 posts
    January 16, 2015 8:00 AM CET

Hello Nico!

To control the SBrick from profiles you have to asign one Sbrick to the profile and you have to asign actions for each of the four Sbrick's channels.

To do this you have to edit the profile and in the "linked SBricks" you have to select one of them and you get a new window with "Ports and Channels" where you have to asign actions to each port.

I hope this help you!

• January 15, 2015 11:07 PM CET

Finally i got my Sbrick today. I use a N7000 (Galaxy Note 1) with SlimRom (cooked rom). 

That is my feedback:

• Sometime i cant connect to my Sbrick and i have to restart the app and wait a little bit to have a stable connection;
    • I was able to control my Sbrick only with Test function;
    • I was able to download profile and i was able to use them in a MOC Profile but i cant control the SBrick in that way.
    • Erase button in MOC profile's edit page dont work, i can delete a profile only in MOC profile's list page by touching one of them and then press delete;

This post was edited by Deleted Member at January 15, 2015 11:07 PM CET
  • January 14, 2015 2:58 PM CET

Finally got my Sbricks yesterday, but I'm having issues with the app on Android. I know it's still in Alpha, but I have some questions.

• Nexus 6 and Nexus 9
      • The input is a bit laggy
      • Gamepad 1 profile is completely broken (like in Maxim Baybakov's video)
      • Gamepad 2 has only acceleration, no steering.

I can see the potential, but I'm really looking forward to being able to really test this thing out.

• 95 posts
    January 14, 2015 12:25 PM CET

[blockquote]Philippe Hurbain said:

No, it works fine, no lag or commands that are repeated long after moving sliders back and forth. What I did see several times is the motor that keep on turning after I pulled my fingers off the screen. But it stops as soon as I hit the slider again.

[/blockquote]

Looks like it is not a phone problem I have the same behavior with my S4 (Gt-i9505) running 4.4.2

Maybe we need a firmware upgrade of the sbrick (like for ios) or an application fix.

X

• 87 posts
    January 13, 2015 10:20 PM CET

[blockquote]Philippe Hurbain said:

No, it works fine, no lag or commands that are repeated long after moving sliders back and forth. What I did see several times is the motor that keep on turning after I pulled my fingers off the screen. But it stops as soon as I hit the slider again.

[/blockquote]

Exactly the same behaviour with my Sony Xperia Z1 Android 4.4.4

• 34 posts
    January 13, 2015 8:20 PM CET

Thanks,

looking for a cheaper tablet(s) to use as controller for exhibitions. Although you seem to have the new version of MEMO 7 :)

• 16 posts
    January 13, 2015 8:05 PM CET

[blockquote]Matej Papluh said:

[blockquote]Maxim Baybakov said:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4UFWNYyyEU[/blockquote]

Just a question, does the ASUS shows this behavior ? Please write to generic Android app thread if yes as not to break the thread. Thanks.

[/blockquote]