Forums » Support

Back To Topics

SBrick Android App

• 310 posts
    November 1, 2016 9:54 PM CET

[blockquote]ANDRE Francois said:

Hi sbrick team and owners

Last week end i had to change my phone. my old windows phone was broken and i finally choose a sony xperia E5 android.

Now i tried again and again to make it work with my sbrick.

No problem to couple it with the phone but no way to found it with the sbrick app...I tried  many times coupling uncoupling run the app but no result at all ...

maybe If it's a firmaware problem but I can't update the sbrick firmware without the app and i don't know how to do to make it available for the app...Is someone has any advice or solutions ...

[/blockquote]

Hello! 

Please check out our simple control application, whether it can find your device, 

Here you can find the link for the app, 

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.vengit.blecontrol&hl=en

After checking this, please fill out this form, to help our developers find out what could be wrong, 

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdIneJxqxmZMRasFSklMBO20-yOJGxY6zBCTnz-10eb1xoyIg/viewform

Best
    wishes,

Balint
    Sbrick Team

• 4 posts
    November 1, 2016 9:44 PM CET

Hi sbrick team and owners

Last week end i had to change my phone. my old windows phone was broken and i finally choose a sony xperia E5 android.

Now i tried again and again to make it work with my sbrick.

No problem to couple it with the phone but no way to found it with the sbrick app...I tried  many times coupling uncoupling run the app but no result at all ...

maybe If it's a firmaware problem but I can't update the sbrick firmware without the app and i don't know how to do to make it available for the app...Is someone has any advice or solutions ....

• 310 posts
    October 26, 2016 9:47 PM CEST

[blockquote]Oscar Rydhé said:

Hi

I updated one of my SBricks to fw 4.17 and the battery and voltage readings doesn't work.

I only get 00 00 back when sending 0F00 and 0F0E according to protocol https://social.sbrick.com/wiki/view/pageId/11/slug/the-sbrick-ble-protocol

It works as expected with my other sbrick with fw 4.8

The SBrick Simple Control app also shows readings for the SBrick with 4.8 but not for the one with 4.17 

Is this a bug or is this feature not supported any more?

[/blockquote]

Hello Oscar! 

It looks like a new bug.

Soon there will be available a "feedback" menu in the IOS app to report a bug like this, but till that time please fill out this form, our developers will contact you soon. 

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdIneJxqxmZMRasFSklMBO20-yOJGxY6zBCTnz-10eb1xoyIg/viewform

Thank you, 
    Best reagds, 
    Balint

• 4 posts
    October 25, 2016 9:25 PM CEST

Hi

I updated one of my SBricks to fw 4.17 and the battery and voltage readings doesn't work.

I only get 00 00 back when sending 0F00 and 0F0E according to protocol https://social.sbrick.com/wiki/view/pageId/11/slug/the-sbrick-ble-protocol

It works as expected with my other sbrick with fw 4.8

The SBrick Simple Control app also shows readings for the SBrick with 4.8 but not for the one with 4.17 

Is this a bug or is this feature not supported any more?

• 164 posts
    October 20, 2016 2:45 PM CEST

[blockquote]Alexandre Campos said:

Also, I found that one of the bottom contacts (in the middle foreground on the below photo) of my SBrick (bought at Tomar BRInCKa 2015 in Portugal) looks recessed and probably doesn't touch the respective contact on the cable connected to it. Fortunately this contact appears to be one of the Power Functions motor lines and not one of the Power supply lines, as the SBrick still powers on, connects to my phone (but not the tablet), and drives its outputs. This isn't serious, is it?

[/blockquote]

Dear Alexandre, 

It seems your SBrick have some hardware problem. You will get a replacement SBrick. 
    Please contcat us about the details at: info@sbrick.com

Tamas. 

• 2 posts
    October 19, 2016 3:38 PM CEST

[blockquote]K TOM said:

Hello,

Can you make, please,

one-one session with your devices with these steps?

1. restart the app

2. SBricks menu --> connect to one SBrick

3. use slider A for 3 seconds

4. use slider B for 3 seconds

5. tap onto the menu

6. wait 10 seconds

7. exit from the app

Thank you! Tamas

[/blockquote]

I'm not sure what you mean by "one-one session" but regardless I can't do what you ask because the app isn't connecting to the SBrick anymore.  I can pair and unpair in the Bluetooth menu (a change from yesterday when pairing was beign rejected by the SBrick) but when I go to the SBricks menu in the app, I just get the grey screen with the spinning half-circles.

• 13 posts
    October 19, 2016 1:01 AM CEST

I'm having mixed results with my devices.

My Sony Xperia Z1 Compact (Android 5.1.1) used to work well with the latest versions of SBrick FW and app from the Store, but lately the app could detect the SBrick but, when opening its test page, it kept giving me the spinning circles. The Simple Control app worked similarly: the SBrick was detected, but the test sliders did nothing and the status bar remained dark green. Now, having installed the 4.2.0.76_2.136.16-r beta, it now works and I was able to update the FW.

With my Nvidia SHIELD Tablet K1 (Android 6.0.1), it's another story: neither the full app (even the beta) nor Simple Control detect my SBrick. It is visible on the Bluetooth Settings screen, but nowhere else.

Also, I found that one of the bottom contacts (in the middle foreground on the below photo) of my SBrick (bought at Tomar BRInCKa 2015 in Portugal) looks recessed and probably doesn't touch the respective contact on the cable connected to it. Fortunately this contact appears to be one of the Power Functions motor lines and not one of the Power supply lines, as the SBrick still powers on, connects to my phone (but not the tablet), and drives its outputs. This isn't serious, is it?

• 2 posts
    October 18, 2016 5:51 PM CEST

I am having similar problems with the Android app.  The current version of the app in the Play store installs fine, seems to connect to the SBrick but it won't respond to commands, either through a profile or when trying to test in the SBricks menu.  The beta versions linked in this topic (most recently the one at http://bit.ly/2dlcw7R) won't even detect the SBrick.  I have tried three different Android devices (LG V10, Samsung Galaxy S4 and Nexus 10 Tablet) running different flavors of Android and they all behave the same way.  Pairing and unpairing in the Bluetooth menu has had no effect, and currently it says pairing is rejected by the SBrick.

I submitted a report per Lenard's post on the 14th but never even got an acknowledgement.  How do we actually troubleshoot/resolve these issues?  Or do I need to pony up for an iOS device for this to work?

Help, please?

• 6 posts
    October 18, 2016 5:19 AM CEST

I have downloaded version 4.2.0.76. With this version I was able to:

- go to the menu and select SBricks

- this screen actually loaded and it was able to detect my SBrick now, but at this stage the SBrick wouldn't respond to the port/LED testers at all

- I was able to update my SBrick firmware (I wasn't able to do this before as the SBrick want being detected)

- I was able to go to the Android Bluetooth menu and pair and unpair with my SBrick

- now the SBrick can actually respond to the commands from the SBrick App

- I created a new creation (all previous ones were removed when uninstalling/reinstalling the App, so I had to create a new one)

- I selected and downloaded my custom profile (I also tried one from the public profiles)

- When I tried to control my creation it would say 'available' or 'connecting', but wouldn't proceed any further

- I restarted my phone and the SBrick

- now it seems that I can finally control one of my SBricks again (I need to do the same with my other SBrick too)

Now I'm afraid to update the SBrick App ever again because it might stop my SBrick/s from working again.

Why is it that within the SBrick App my SBrick has a different Bluetooth ID than what is shown in the nRF Connect App?

• 4 posts
    October 16, 2016 9:02 AM CEST

[blockquote]K TOM said:

[blockquote]Martin Dvorak said:

[blockquote]Lénárd Pásztor said:

Samsung Galaxy S6 edge, Android 6.0.1

1) Public profiles load 1 of 10 tries.

2) My profiles unable to load at all.

3) Sbrick - test does not work, neither LED TESTER / UPDATE FIRMWARE4) Tried on 4 sbricks what I have

[/blockquote]

Please try pair, then unpair the SBricks at the Bluetooth settings first.

[/blockquote]

Didn't help + Samsung is not able to sbrick pair again "sbrick refused to pair"

[/blockquote]

1. this can be a network issue, we are checking it

2. do you use the right aspect ratio?

3. what is your current firmware and hardware version?

4. you can disable this in the last page

[/blockquote]

1. I think this is issue of Android / Sbrick app

2. I don't have issue with profile, aspect ratio have nothing to do with that. I can't even control Sbrick via Sbrick test in menu.

3. Hardware/Firmware version is not shown (blank) in Sbrick test (in menu)

4. Not sure what are you talking about. :) EDIT - ok, get it - tutorial, thanks !

[/blockquote]

Hello!

This version http://bit.ly/2e3Xoz4 has got some fixings, please try to upgrade the firmware!

Thanks,

Tamas

[/blockquote]

Hi, good news, it works.

Sbrick is now OK. Only problem what stays is access to public/private profiles - running circles 100% and nothing...

Public profiles page will load up only when I logout myself.

• 6 posts
    October 16, 2016 8:51 AM CEST

[blockquote]K TOM said:

Hello!

This version http://bit.ly/2e3Xoz4 has got some fixings, please try to upgrade the firmware!

Thanks,

Tamas

[/blockquote]

I downloaded and installed this version (4.2.0.74...), but nothing has changed. When I click on SBricks in the menu, I just get a grey screen with a spinning icon and my SBricks do not get detected at all.

This post was edited by Stephan Froden at October 16, 2016 8:52 AM CEST
    • 4 posts
    October 15, 2016 9:34 PM CEST

3) Sbrick - test does not work, neither LED TESTER / UPDATE FIRMWARE

4) Tried on 4 sbricks what I have

[/blockquote]

[/blockquote]

[/blockquote]

[/blockquote]

1. I think this is issue of Android / Sbrick app

2. I don't have issue with profile, aspect ratio have nothing to do with that. I can't even control Sbrick via Sbrick test in menu.

3. Hardware/Firmware version is not shown (blank) in Sbrick test (in menu)

4. Not sure what are you talking about. :) EDIT - ok, get it - tutorial, thanks !

This post was edited by Martin Dvorak at October 15, 2016 9:37 PM CEST
    • 6 posts
    October 15, 2016 8:09 PM CEST

I have downloaded and installed the latest beta version of the Android App.

I have checked my Android Bluetooth menu. There are no SBricks paired. If I scan for new devices I can see my SBrick, but if I try to pair I get a message saying 'Pairing rejected by SBrick'.

When I open the App, I go through all of the tutorial screens (which were all blank), and finally get into the App.  I go to SBricks, and the screen goes grey with a spinning icon, and stays there, never detecting my SBrick.

I can still connect to my SBrick using the nRF Connect App, but your App is still not working.

I am using a HTC One phone with Android 5.0.2

It is almost TWO YEARS since I received my SBrick, and you still don't have an Android App that works.

I can't believethat you are releasing another KickStarter product when you haven't even managed to get your Android App for your existing product working yet.

• 340 posts
    October 15, 2016 6:02 PM CEST

4) Every time when app starts, there is f***** 9 list tutorial

5) Tried on 4 sbricks what I have

[/blockquote]

[/blockquote]

[/blockquote]

• 4 posts
    October 15, 2016 1:11 PM CEST

4) Tried on 4 sbricks what I have

[/blockquote]

[/blockquote]

This post was edited by Martin Dvorak at October 15, 2016 9:36 PM CEST
    • 340 posts
    October 15, 2016 12:46 PM CEST

[/blockquote]

• 4 posts
    October 15, 2016 12:27 PM CEST

• 340 posts
    October 14, 2016 7:13 PM CEST

For Android 5.0+ users: if you updated the sbrick firmware, then unpair the SBricks in the Android's Bluetooth menu, then you can continue.

• 340 posts
    October 14, 2016 6:17 PM CEST

Hi Guys,

We are starting to test the new release. Here is a link for the Android version. This is not the public release, but it is very useful for us if you can test it also.

Please download this apk if your Android app not works with your SBrick: http://dewsys.com/sbrick/releases/sbrick-4.2.0.68_2.135.16-r.apk
    Please
    send us your report here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeQMie_XRcylXdiV_qadJDqR3oqA6f8mmmFi_FOYS7ftB1zOQ/viewform or you can find feedback menu in the application.

The new firmware version is 16. There are changes in the communication protocol to decrease the packet flow between the SBrick and the Phone. This will improve the connection stability. Of course the driver changed too. Please start with updating the firmware.

With the new firmware the SBrick stores the name, so if you are in an exibition you can find your SBrick easier.

We are still testing too, this is not the final version for the next public release, but I wanted to give you some progress about the app.

• 95 posts
    October 11, 2016 3:13 PM CEST

Finally after almost 2 years, a beta group is created...

This could have been a good idea if there were more versions to test...

the last one is almost 1 month old...

• 310 posts
    October 7, 2016 5:18 PM CEST

[blockquote]theodore pietrzak said:

market fails to load on samsung galaxy s7. with androind 6.0.1
    reloaded app ad fiew time, try to load market many time, app work and can test the sbrick just fine, just un able to load profliles

[/blockquote]

Hello Theodore! 

Please check your internet connection, we have not expereienced an issue like this before.

If it won't work please reinstall the application. 

If none of these work, please contact us again on info@sbrick.com

Best regards, 

Balint
    SBrick Team 

• October 7, 2016 12:28 PM CEST

[blockquote]Tamas Misik said:

@Martin, 
    Unfortunately it seems the SBrick app doesn't work on Motorola phones. 
    Probabaly because the Motorla uses diferent Android OS than other brands (HTC, Samsung, etc..). We have contacted with the google about this problem. Hopefully we can find some souliton quickly.

@Stephan,
    Thanks for the report. Yes, it seems like a bug. Our developers working on a new version, so probably this bug will fixed in the next version of our applcation. Thanks for you patience.

More news about our Android application soon. Thanks for your patience. 
    Tamas

Thank you Tamas for the reaction.......I will wait for a while and otherwise have to buy a second hand phone or so where the app works!

• October 7, 2016 3:59 AM CEST

market fails to load on samsung galaxy s7. with androind 6.0.1
    reloaded app ad fiew time, try to load market many time, app work and can test the sbrick just fine, just un able to load profliles

• 164 posts
    October 3, 2016 1:09 PM CEST

@Martin, 
    Unfortunately it seems the SBrick app doesn't work on Motorola phones. 
    Probabaly because the Motorla uses diferent Android OS than other brands (HTC, Samsung, etc..). We have contacted with the google about this problem. Hopefully we can find some souliton quickly.

@Stephan,
    Thanks for the report. Yes, it seems like a bug. Our developers working on a new version, so probably this bug will fixed in the next version of our applcation. Thanks for you patience.

More news about our Android application soon. Thanks for your patience. 
    Tamas

• October 2, 2016 9:41 AM CEST

Hi,

It would be nice to read some positive news about SBrick on the internet! But as an early hour supporter (KickStarter) I have problems too. My brick makes contact with my Android 6.0.1 phone, but for the rest nothing works. The green LED is not on either. Found out that the app only starts if BlueTooth is disabled first....that is strange for an app that needs BlueTooth! Also if you press EXIT then the app doesn't exit but starts all over again. I guess we have to wait for a real software update, because the beta version is not working either and I will check a new brick in the store, because maybe the problem is in my never used brick. 

Best regards