Forums » Support

Back To Topics

SBrick Android App

• 6 posts
    October 2, 2016 3:28 AM CEST

Hi

I thought that I would give the SBrick another try since I wanted to add it to a creation that is using a RC Buggy motor.

I was part of the KickStarter program, however since receiving my SBrick I have only had it 'sort-of' working a few times.  Now, it's not working at all... again.

I have installed the latest version of the SBrick App from the Android Play Store, and when I start it up and go to SBricks I can see it detect my SBrick, but when I try to test the sliders/ports nothing happens.  When I go to My Creations and select a Profile, none of the controls/sliders work there either.  When I try to update the hardware firmware, it tells me that I am on the latest version, but doesn't tell me which version it is.

If I run the nRF Connect App, I can see the SBrick, connect to it, and sent commands without any issue.  Therefore I suspect that the SBrick is working ok, but the SBrick App is not working.

I installed the beta version of the SBrick App that you linked to in this thread, however when I go to SBricks it doesn't even detect my SBrick at all any more.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the SBrick App several times, and restarted my phone several times also, but I am wasting a lot of time on this.

I am using a HTC One, Android 5.0.2.

I also submitted a ticket on the docs.google page about a week ago but I have not received a response at all, hence I am posting here instead.

Please let me know how I can get my SBricks working.

Thanks in advance,
     - Stephan

• October 1, 2016 9:56 PM CEST

[blockquote]Balint Mezei said:

[blockquote]Bram Vermeiden said:

Hello I have bought a Sbrick today, but i cant connect it to my phone a moto g3.
    if I want to connect it with the bluetooth it says that the conection gets refused by the Sbrick.
    What do I need to do?

[/blockquote]

Hello! 

We ask you to try out this apk, this is a beta version yet, but may can solve the connection issue. 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5qRW6HABNtqT2pyOEdtdkZsVlE/view?usp=sharing

If it won't work please fill out his form, and our developers will contact you soon, 

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdIneJxqxmZMRasFSklMBO20-yOJGxY6zBCTnz-10eb1xoyIg/viewform

Best regards, 

Balint - SBrick Team 

[/blockquote]

Hi, The same problem with my new Moto G4 (Android 6.0.1) The app is only working and connecting with the brick if you start it the first time, but then the sliders are not working. The second time you start the app, you only get a black screen! I participated in the Kickstarter project, so I do have one of the first SBricks!

Best regards,

Martin

• 3 posts
    September 29, 2016 9:51 PM CEST

We need to join the BETA Google+ group first. What group is that?

• 164 posts
    September 29, 2016 3:33 PM CEST

Hello Guys,

Our official testing program has started. You can get the latest beta app from here: https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.vengit.sbrick

It
    seems we have an application which works on many android devices, but unfrotunately it doesn't work on any device, because the Android. This is why we contacted with the Google. It seems we will work together in the future and we try to solve this problem together.

If you would like to help us, please try it out our latest beta app. :)

Thanks,
    Tamas

• 164 posts
    September 29, 2016 3:23 PM CEST

[blockquote]Adam Liebl said:

Hello,

i have fill the Formular 1,5 weeks ago. But no answer. What is now the Probelm with my Sbrick?

[/blockquote]

Hi Adam, 
    Sorry for the late reply.

Plese try it our latest beta application: https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.vengit.sbrick

• 95 posts
    September 29, 2016 1:25 PM CEST

[blockquote]Tamas Misik said:

New Android application (4.1.0.31_0.127.15-d) 
    -> https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5qRW6HABNtqT2pyOEdtdkZsVlE/view?usp=sharing

Not
    public, just test version. Please try it and let us know your experiences.

[/blockquote]

The app still crash on my phone or tablet

• 2 posts
    September 28, 2016 7:30 AM CEST

Hello,

i have fill the Formular 1,5 weeks ago. But no answer. What is now the Probelm with my Sbrick?

• 310 posts
    September 23, 2016 9:04 PM CEST

[blockquote]Bram Vermeiden said:

Hello I have bought a Sbrick today, but i cant connect it to my phone a moto g3.
    if I want to connect it with the bluetooth it says that the conection gets refused by the Sbrick.
    What do I need to do?

[/blockquote]

Hello! 

We ask you to try out this apk, this is a beta version yet, but may can solve the connection issue. 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5qRW6HABNtqT2pyOEdtdkZsVlE/view?usp=sharing

If it won't work please fill out his form, and our developers will contact you soon, 

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdIneJxqxmZMRasFSklMBO20-yOJGxY6zBCTnz-10eb1xoyIg/viewform

Best regards, 

Balint - SBrick Team 

• 1 posts
    September 23, 2016 5:31 PM CEST

What do I need to do?

• 164 posts
    September 16, 2016 10:06 AM CEST
    • 2 posts
    September 15, 2016 8:46 PM CEST

Hello,

i have a problem with one of my Sbricks. The Sbrick App shows me that i have a Connection. But when i test the Ports form the brick nothing happen. Is a Lego Servo on a Port and i turn on the Batteriepack the Servo do the Calibration.

What can i do? 

• 310 posts
    September 12, 2016 9:41 AM CEST

[blockquote]Taylor Shin said:

SBrick Android App doesn't run on LG tablet.

Tablet Model Number:

LG-V521 (T-Mobile U.S.)

Hardware version:

Rev. 1.0

Problem:

If I run SBrick app, the screen becomes black and nothing happens.

Update:

O wait, it's running!! But the screen breaks up when I tilt(the tablet tries to rotate its screen) it, the introduction screen breaks up and becomes unrecognizable.

[/blockquote]

Hello!

We did not experience any issue like this before, could you send us some picture about it, on info@sbrick.com

Please try to reinstall the application, if it won't work contact us again. 

Best wishes, 

Balint - SBrick Team 

• 2 posts
    September 12, 2016 2:05 AM CEST

SBrick Android App doesn't run on LG tablet.

Tablet Model Number:

LG-V521 (T-Mobile U.S.)

Hardware version:

Rev. 1.0

Problem:

If I run SBrick app, the screen becomes black and nothing happens.

Update:

O wait, it's running!! But the screen breaks up when I tilt(the tablet tries to rotate its screen) it, the introduction screen breaks up and becomes unrecognizable.

This post was edited by Taylor Shin at September 12, 2016 2:07 AM CEST
    • 164 posts
    September 7, 2016 10:27 AM CEST

New Android application (4.1.0.31_0.127.15-d) 
    -> https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5qRW6HABNtqT2pyOEdtdkZsVlE/view?usp=sharing

Not
    public, just test version. Please try it and let us know your experiences.

• September 6, 2016 10:06 AM CEST
    Last night I changed  one of the servo motors and the problem has been solved so the problem is the servo motor and not the bricks sorry I assumed it was the brick.

Thanks for the quick response and the tip about contact Lego.

I can say that the app version 4.0.3. is the best version until now it is stable and works perfectly.

In this version you can set contact in ms what is the purpose of this?

With kind regards,

This post was edited by bricker bricker 72 at September 6, 2016 12:07 PM CEST
    • 164 posts
    September 5, 2016 8:43 PM CEST

Please test it again. If you are sure your servo motor works perfectly and the problem will be with the SBrick please contact us and we will help you. 

ButI tihnk this will be a problem with your servo motor. If you contact with the LEGO you will get a new one. 

• September 5, 2016 7:10 PM CEST

hi guys I updated to version 4.0.3.9.r and it worked until now perfectly.

but now I have a problem with 2 sbricks ( until now they worked perfect) al the others work correct.

the problem is that when I want to steer with a servo motor, it on one side steer and returns to center and the other side it steers but do not return to center.

the profiles I programmed are correct until now they worked correct the problem also appears when I test the the brick.

so I think their is a problem with the bricks?

I use hardware version 4 and 5 with firmware version 12 and android 6.0.01 on a samsung galaxy s5 neo

what can I do to solve the problem? and it need to be quick please  because I have A large demonstration in a few weeks ( Lego World in the Netherlands )

with kind regard,

Bricker Bricker 72

• 310 posts
    August 24, 2016 3:02 PM CEST

[blockquote]John Helzer said: I can connect to my sbricks with an old iPod touch, but not with my new droid turbo 2. Every time I try to connect to the sbricks in the app, it just buffers and buffers until the app crashes, even though in the settings it says they are paired. I have the latest firmware and update on the app.[/blockquote]

Hello John! 

It looks like a special issue, please try to reinstal the application, and sign in again. 

You don't need to connect it through your bluetooth settings of your device, the application automatically see the brick. 

Please try the reinstal, and contact us again, what happened. :) 

Regards, 

Balint - SBrick Team 

• 1 posts
    August 23, 2016 5:59 PM CEST
    I can connect to my sbricks with an old iPod touch, but not with my new droid turbo 2. Every time I try to connect to the sbricks in the app, it just buffers and buffers until the app crashes, even though in the settings it says they are paired. I have the latest firmware and update on the app.
  • August 23, 2016 11:43 AM CEST

[blockquote]Vsevolod Kindiakov said:

The 4.0.3.9-r version is the first improvement I've seen in the last year. I've been able to go through the "Upgrade firmware" process without it failing. It is still unstable - sometimes I can't get into testing an SBrick after tapping on it in the list (just keeps doing the circle animation until I restart the app). Sometimes I can't get the list of profiles - it fails to grab them.

Disconnection issues are still there when controlling my MOC - one of the SBricks will keep disconnecting and reconnecting (and sometimes it will think it's reconnected, but I still have no control and have to exit and re-enter the profile).

Better than before, but still fairly unusable here.

Nexus 4 5.1.1

[/blockquote]

Dear Vsevolod,

Did you update your SBrick firmware? If not please do it! The latest firmware version the 12.

If you need any help about the firmware update just let me know. 

[/blockquote]

Yes, as I mentioned - I've managed to get through the update process without hangups this time. My two SBricks are on 4.12, but the issues described are still there. :(

• 3 posts
    August 22, 2016 7:07 PM CEST

[blockquote]Chris Pst said: The update did not fix my problem... could somebody please reply to my previous question. Thanks[/blockquote]

Hi Chris,

Can you please download the Simple Control apk form the google play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.vengit.blecontrol
    Please
    try to udapte your SBrick's firmware with this application. 

If oyu need any help about the update, just let me know.

[/blockquote] Hi Tamas, Thanks for replying! However as stated in my initial question the simple app does not see my brick, so how can i upload the firmware?

Update: I managed to get my androids working using the following steps

1) downloaded APK for 2.0.2

2) updated the firmware to version 8

3) now the bricks became visible in APK for 4.0.1

4) updated to firmware version 12

At first glance, most functions seem to work! I would suggest to add steps like this to a FAQ so others can find a solution more easily

This post was edited by Chris Pst at August 22, 2016 9:08 PM CEST
    • 164 posts
    August 22, 2016 4:27 PM CEST

[blockquote]Vsevolod Kindiakov said:

The 4.0.3.9-r version is the first improvement I've seen in the last year. I've been able to go through the "Upgrade firmware" process without it failing. It is still unstable - sometimes I can't get into testing an SBrick after tapping on it in the list (just keeps doing the circle animation until I restart the app). Sometimes I can't get the list of profiles - it fails to grab them.

Disconnection issues are still there when controlling my MOC - one of the SBricks will keep disconnecting and reconnecting (and sometimes it will think it's reconnected, but I still have no control and have to exit and re-enter the profile).

Better than before, but still fairly unusable here.

Nexus 4 5.1.1

[/blockquote]

Dear Vsevolod,

Did you update your SBrick firmware? If not please do it! The latest firmware version the 12.

If you need any help about the firmware update just let me know. 

• 164 posts
    August 22, 2016 11:24 AM CEST

[blockquote]Chris Pst said: The update did not fix my problem... could somebody please reply to my previous question. Thanks[/blockquote]

Hi Chris,

Can you please download the Simple Control apk form the google play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.vengit.blecontrol
    Please
    try to udapte your SBrick's firmware with this application. 

If oyu need any help about the update, just let me know.

• 4 posts
    August 22, 2016 11:00 AM CEST

[blockquote]Pio Murmann said:

Hello everybody,

just for info: In the last few weeks I had some trouble with SBrick App and my 4 SBricks (Firmware 4.12). I use a Samsungs Galaxy S5 (Mobile phone) and installed the App version 4.0.2. I loose the Bluetooth connection to my 4 after a few minutes. I disconnect the connection power off/power on the 4 SBricks an then it works for a few minutes. Then the same problem. I tried to download and install Version 4.0.3-9r: Also the same problem. OK. I installed the the SBrick App 4.0.1. This version works fine with all my SBricks.

But now a surprise: On my Tablet (Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1) I installed 4.0.1. I tried to connect to my SBricks. If I tried to start the App the message "App angehalten" (a german App version) appears. I installed SBrick App 4.0.2 the same Problem. I download and install SBrick App 4.0.3-9r. Wow! It works fine! I can start my App and connect to all my 4 SBrick (Firmware 4.12) at my Lego MOC. I configure my profile and all works fine! Great!

Best regards

[/blockquote]

BTW, I download the version 4.0.3-9r from: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2dAUNpc5UBXaURoanFQN1VhTGc/view?usp=sharing

• 4 posts
    August 21, 2016 1:33 PM CEST

Hello everybody,

just for info: In the last few weeks I had some trouble with SBrick App and my 4 SBricks (Firmware 4.12). I use a Samsungs Galaxy S5 (Mobile phone) and installed the App version 4.0.2. I loose the Bluetooth connection to my 4 after a few minutes. I disconnect the connection power off/power on the 4 SBricks an then it works for a few minutes. Then the same problem. I tried to download and install Version 4.0.3-9r: Also the same problem. OK. I installed the the SBrick App 4.0.1. This version works fine with all my SBricks.

But now a surprise: On my Tablet (Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1) I installed 4.0.1. I tried to connect to my SBricks. If I tried to start the App the message "App angehalten" (a german App version) appears. I installed SBrick App 4.0.2 the same Problem. I download and install SBrick App 4.0.3-9r. Wow! It works fine! I can start my App and connect to all my 4 SBrick (Firmware 4.12) at my Lego MOC. I configure my profile and all works fine! Great!

Best regards