Forums » Support

Back To Topics

SBrick Android App

• 95 posts
    February 5, 2015 10:54 PM CET

I think you can find here some guys who can help you.

But I think you should first try to solve connections problems before adding new fuctions.

I also think you should release more versions to let us help you to see if fixes works.

If I agree about we need profile designer, I think you should add other functions before like using more than one SBrick to be able to use the 42009S or the ultimate version (for me I also would like to be able to control 2 channels with the same slider

I think I can wait to have a full working version but I do need to see some progress...

Thank you

• 21 posts
    February 5, 2015 7:48 PM CET

[blockquote]Maxim Baybakov said:

I have the same "long" delay. Especially when using steering control or two ports.
    When the slider quickly move in different directions, for example 20 times, brick continues to perform these commands for 15-20 seconds.

Several times the application was closed itself.

Inversion of ports does not always work (if on/off is the inversion).
    (Samsung Galaxy S3, 4.3)

[/blockquote]

Was this promlem solved? This delay limits the using of sbrick very much.

• 19 posts
    February 5, 2015 5:17 PM CET

looking forward to test next version, you bet i will report if still not working :)

• 340 posts
    February 5, 2015 4:31 PM CET

[blockquote]Gábor Polczer said:

yeah Lénárd, i can provide such on nexus 5 & 9, perfect for lollipop testing. just define what you need.

[/blockquote]

Sounds great, thanks! :)

I will come back to you if the next release not work with Nexus.

• 19 posts
    February 5, 2015 4:29 PM CET

yeah Lénárd, i can provide such on nexus 5 & 9, perfect for lollipop testing. just define what you need.

This post was edited by Gábor Polczer at February 5, 2015 4:30 PM CET
    • 16 posts
    February 5, 2015 3:53 PM CET

[blockquote]Lénárd Pásztor said:

Unfortunately we don't have a wide range of android devices to test with. This is why the community support so important for us to make better SBrick apps.

[/blockquote]

If you need detailed bug reports, log files, etc, just ask!

• 340 posts
    February 5, 2015 3:39 PM CET

[blockquote]d sz said:

Dear Developer Team

As a customer (I bought sbrick after the kickstarter campaign) I ask you very curiously, when do you plan to correct the basic functions of the sbrick android application, like:

• usable and working control profiles
    • inverting directions (for steering)
    • lag-less control
    In this situation the application can't be used for control lego creations, except some simple testing...

cheers

dsz 

[/blockquote]

Yes, we are in a big delay with the android app (and windows phone too).

Tomorrow we going to release a new alpha from the android app. I hope it solves all the problems that you mentioned.

Unfortunately we don't have a wide range of android devices to test with. This is why the community support so important for us to make better SBrick apps.

• 3 posts
    February 5, 2015 2:19 PM CET

Dear Developer Team

As a customer (I bought sbrick after the kickstarter campaign) I ask you very curiously, when do you plan to correct the basic functions of the sbrick android application, like:

• usable and working control profiles
    • inverting directions (for steering)
    • lag-less control
    In this situation the application can't be used for control lego creations, except some simple testing...

cheers

dsz 

• 25 posts
    February 5, 2015 11:17 AM CET

To complete my previous post, here is an alternative to Sbrick that seems to be better, in terms of number of controlable motors, and especialy in terms of Android application (weirdy, they are developing the way I suggested...).

http://www.pockberger.com/bluesmartcontrol/?page_id=82

Will VengIT stop doing social facebook (at least for a while) and greatly improve their android app, or will they let this other project take their customers?

Developers: please communicate!!!

This post was edited by Sylvain CACHEUX at February 5, 2015 11:27 AM CET
    • 24 posts
    February 4, 2015 10:13 PM CET

[blockquote]Morten Nielsen said: BTW, link doesn't work for the older version[/blockquote]

Do you mean this link???   "Version v0.26 is available at  http://sbrick.com/apk/SBrick_0026.apk"

It's where I got v0.26 from and, just to check, I've just downloaded another copy.  Works for me.

• 7 posts
    February 4, 2015 3:26 PM CET
    BTW, link doesn't work for the older version
    • 7 posts
    February 4, 2015 3:25 PM CET
    I see how this is a solution..... Or really I don't!! Seems like saying that my car can move if I push it...... Yes, but really not what I had in mind
    • 24 posts
    February 4, 2015 1:49 PM CET

For those struggling with using a Samsung Galaxy S3 I have found (thanks to a lot of help from Jorge Pereira) that using v0.26 of the Android app gives some comtrol of your Sbricks.

It's not perfect but at least you'll be able to do something.  Version v0.26 is available at  http://sbrick.com/apk/SBrick_0026.apk

• 7 posts
    February 4, 2015 12:46 PM CET

Hello Frederic,

thanks a lot. With v26 the connection works with both phones.

best regadrs
    Tanja

• 95 posts
    February 3, 2015 10:47 PM CET
    for me v26 does not have connexion problems like 35 or 41 http://sbrick.com/apk/SBrick_0026.apk
    • 7 posts
    February 3, 2015 6:18 PM CET

Hello,

I suddenly have problems with the SBrick app. Now SBrick is no longer recognized.
    The problem is when
    Samsung Galaxy S4 mini Android 4.4.2 Bluetooth 4.0 and
    HTC One S Android 4.4.4 (CyanogenMod) Bluetooth 4.0

The problem occurred after SBrick has been updated.

What can I do?

best regards
    Tanja

• 4 posts
    February 3, 2015 5:27 PM CET

Hi    Sylvain,

Give me a email, and I will sow some solution......nikolausp55@web.de

best regards

Nikolaus

XXXXX

• 25 posts
    February 3, 2015 2:03 PM CET

[blockquote]Matej Papluh said:

There is not much communication towards the ones not chosen, so following is my educated guess

If you can open files in sdcard/Android/data/com.vengit.sbrick/jsons  (I use ES File Explorer) you can see a representation of a profile.

Each control has type (slider etc), position & size, graphics and channel name - the last one is for Example "Slider 1", "Steering"... this it the name we can assign to the linked Sbrick.

My idea of Profile editor is that you will be able to place these control types, position & resize them, maybe skin them and most importantly name them. 

So one could place 8 controls, name them "Train 1" to "Train 8", open first linked SBrick and ad A to D Train 1 to 4 and open second Sbrick and add to A to D channel Train 5 to 8...

[/blockquote]

Ok, but when? No news of development. I understand people loosing their nerves by always showing the wonderful sbrick to friends, but... impossible to use it correctly, or to use it the way they should, always saying friends "well, it's alpha version"... since... hu... weeks and weeks.

You want a profile designer on a laptop? Cool, peolple will need to buy a PC and take it with them. One thing more in Sbrick's disadvantages (need PC to be able to customize if you don't want to browse tons of profiles). I regret I can not present the app I was telling you about earlier. A true example of a great interface.

As a matter of fact, I've no choice but to wait and, one day, do with what you have decided. I can be comprehensive, but for such a project (meaning associating people/backers), I'm a bit disapointed not to have significant news about development (although we had about sbrick hw dev). Someone else was telling that vengit is redesigning a facebook instead of a good app (meaning working, and answering customers wishes). I'm begining to agree although I was most of a comprehensive guy. More than one month since we received Sbrick, and? What are the progress? Is there any kind of good news or indications about the development to progress, any calendar? Nothing, as far as I see. Even the buttons in profils can still not switch off a light once lighted on. Android is the poor parent for Sbrick. As nothing come, I'm begining to believe that there is nothing to come, and that's a shame, especialy for people like me, who could be a relay of Sbrick advertisement in their LUG/community.

I still hope, but it would be nice to have some good news soon.

• 95 posts
    February 3, 2015 12:06 PM CET

This is the difference between the android app and the ios one...

• 7 posts
    February 3, 2015 10:30 AM CET

Today it snowed......like most winters. 

Yes, I agree....not much to do with SBrick support, like I am starting to feel we don't get and never will.....the support.

Since I wrote a rather frustrated post here, several have shined a light upon the non working SBrick. makes me happy that it seems like my SBrick is ok....! But, what is frustrating me more and more is the following:

- new videos of how users create wonderfull Lego creations with SBrick built in....and it works???!!!??? How??? When everyones SBrick does not...how do theirs?? 

- That it does not require a Lego enthusiast to play with the SBrick, but more like a member from Scorpion with a 150+ iq...!!?? Not what I expected...but happy to learn every day, but dind't buy a app lesson or programming lesson....I bought a SBrick, that should be able to control my Lego, but is just a big 4x4x3 brick.

- That it is not an Android issue....it is the same with an Iphone.....I can say this, as I bought a Iphone 4 just to be able to contorl the (S)Brick.....but still just sitting with a big (S)Brick in my hand.....

I know this is a kickstarter project, but beeing the first I support, it hasn't been the last (supported nxt-monsters Mini-zip (9v battery addapter for powerfunctions)) But this has made me realize that supporting complex ideas might not be the best solution......I mean if in a year or two, if I heard of a SBrick that was so an so great.....and when purchased it just works......then I would be impressed and happy about my purchase.....not so much atm...!! peace

• 6 posts
    February 3, 2015 8:37 AM CET

hello

I have a problem with connecting sbrick

I have a samsung galaxy s3  with 4.3 android version. I see the tutorial and i can made all without one thing: discovering sbrik!  the app can't find my sbrick. Then i install "BLE tools"  and this app can discovering s brick, but on sbrick app, only not!!!

Somebody can help me?

Thanks

ben

PS  sorry for my horrible english!!

• 34 posts
    February 2, 2015 10:50 PM CET

There is not much communication towards the ones not chosen, so following is my educated guess

If you can open files in sdcard/Android/data/com.vengit.sbrick/jsons  (I use ES File Explorer) you can see a representation of a profile.

Each control has type (slider etc), position & size, graphics and channel name - the last one is for Example "Slider 1", "Steering"... this it the name we can assign to the linked Sbrick.

My idea of Profile editor is that you will be able to place these control types, position & resize them, maybe skin them and most importantly name them. 

So one could place 8 controls, name them "Train 1" to "Train 8", open first linked SBrick and ad A to D Train 1 to 4 and open second Sbrick and add to A to D channel Train 5 to 8...

• 57 posts
    February 2, 2015 6:31 PM CET

Better than that! The idea is to let the users to design their own profiles with a Profile Designer web service, that then you can use with your smartphone/tablet and share with others.

It is also much more convenient to do it in a laptop, than doing it on your phone.

I had the opportunity to see the current stage of the Profile Designer development and it looks pretty nice! :)

We just need sometime more until it is fully developed.

We would need to wait in any case, regardless of the solution adopted. ;)

This post was edited by Fernando Correia at February 2, 2015 6:32 PM CET
    • 25 posts
    February 2, 2015 6:10 PM CET

[blockquote]Norman Chalcraft said:

[blockquote]Matej Papluh said:

Having option to edit profiles in-app would be nice, but I disagree for it being easier to develop:

- having a PC (and easily MAC/Linux if using portable language) to generate profiles that can be loaded by app is faster. And if done in HTML5 for example its possible that one would be able to use even mobile browser. 

- this would also eliminate the need to create the editing engine for each platform - as you can see, we (as android users) still don't have the functionality that iOS guys have even after 3-4 months. I do not want to way to Xmass  2015 to be able to customize profiles while iOS guys will be happy to do so half a year before us (I understand Apple-first approach when the app generates money, but as part of HW product that I paid for, I really, really hate it) 

[/blockquote]

Totally agree!!

[/blockquote]

Hi,

I don't mind where the graphical part of the app is done. But I am persuaded that doing profiles and profiles and profiles is the better way to never meet users expectations as every moc is unique. Moreover, how to control several sbricks ? How to join several profiles on the same screen ? That means that you'll have to control 2-3 trains/MOCs one by one ? I've had the chance to use a mobile software with the kind of approach I mentionned (doing little parts that user puts where he wants on his screen). This is awesome because everybody can set up his own display by arranging controls/labels where he wants. And if you have a tablet, you can put more controls/labels. And it's not incompatible with profiles. It's just another choice of development that need to be done at the begining.

As said, the better part is that as it's fully compatible with the profile notion (a profile is never more than some controls/labels put in a certain way and then saved...), that's not preventing from doing a profile designer in html5 if you want. But developing the app this way makes user autonomous with his plateform, no need of a PC (on which either you will have to develop 1 profile designer application per OS, linux/windows/mac... much complicated than in-app by design).

I truely think that developers already have created functions (like for a slider, for example). Then it's included in a profile (I don't know how and where). So basic feature is already there : functions (sliders, buttons, etc). Only thing is to format. Detect screen size, divide it in small squares, and allow user to put a control in these squares. A button would be 1 square, a slider 2 squares (horizontal or vertical), a label 1 square, etc. Then add a "save" button and that's all. It should be very simple (and no need of a PC).

I don't think coding like this would add so much development time. And as the app is still at its early development stage, it should be easy to take this approach in account. Moreover, having an external tool to design profiles add significant development beside a fully autonomous app (no link to handle, no sync, no particular security, etc.).

With the current design way, we will soon have hundreds of profiles (and have fun to find one that "may" fit your particular need), and it will quickly be impossible to find what you want, so people will redo profiles, which will add more and more profiles and profiles and profiles... That's not very attractive, no?

Moreover, the current way is selecting profile, and then sbrick. As we should change more often of profile than of sbrick (which detection is quite long, regarding profile selection), I think the sbrick should be the first to be selected, then the profile. And so it should be in the profile that we affect a control to a sbrick port. I think it's more logic.

Nevertheless, I think we do not have enough exchanges with developpers. Where are they, what are they coding yet, can they reply us about some design question like this one, when should next step be completed, is there any development calendar, ... ?

This post was edited by Sylvain CACHEUX at February 2, 2015 6:14 PM CET
  • February 1, 2015 9:04 PM CET

[blockquote]Norman Chalcraft said:

2015-02-04

• Social functions

2015-02-06

• Share brick with friends (shared secondary password)

Unscheduled

• Gather & save data about brick usage & voltage / temp informations
    • About screen
    • First steps screen
    • Brick list improvements
    • Social feed
    • Social messages
    • Social events
    • Help screen
    • Synchronize user's sets

Shame that it doesn't include anything about being able to control a Sbrick.

[/blockquote]

100% ACK. I'm not really sure if they are writing an SBrick control APP or a second Facebook.

Make the brick work first and foremost. At the moment you are aiming to build a non-driving car with a mega-ultra-soundsystem...

Leg bedre,

Christian

This post was edited by Christian Treczoks at February 1, 2015 9:04 PM CET