Forums » Support

Back To Topics

Profile Designer

• 33 posts
    February 13, 2015 7:48 PM CET

Hi Folks,

I tried to log in into the Designer today. typed in my existing login credentials, instead of taking me to the application, it takes me to the landing page of the social forum instead! Is someone from the dev team is aware of this, please? Clearing browser cache did not help much.

Thanks,

Peter

• 33 posts
    February 13, 2015 7:29 PM CET

Adding to the story:

I have had to reset both the brick and the phone several times, not it works with some profiles.

Still having a weird issue: the profile I created for the iPhone (3:2 ratio) is not showing up in my profiles, while the other one, and only this one (ratio 16:9) is there and it works.

Any ideas are welcome (again):-)

Peter

• 33 posts
    February 13, 2015 7:14 PM CET

Hi,

I have recently joined the TestFlight. I have created profiles both for the iPhone 4S and the iPad2 with the sugegsted aspect ratios.

My brief findings:

1. I can see only one profile (the one created for the iPad2), while I wanted to see the one I created for the iPhone. I have read on this forum, that the app automatically recognizes the device and selects only the profile with the appropriate profile settings. Apaprently, there is something wrong around here.

2. I wanted to connect the SBrick, but the app has just quit upon selection of the profile (wanted to check the port tester). Re-booted the phone, deleted all profiles and re-entered them from scratch, no results so far.:-(. Whenever I try to enter a standard profile to configure the channels, the app quits.

I am over several reboots and complete resets.

Any ideas are very welcome:-)

Peter

• 143 posts
    February 13, 2015 5:30 PM CET

Today FIXES:

- If you have profiles with 4:3 aspect ratio You need to remove, and recreate your Joysticks to get circle shape. Sorry for that.
    - If you experienced that some of your setted controls are missing from the apps, you have to save your profile, and download the updated version in the Apps. After that, it must be fixed.

• 41 posts
    February 13, 2015 5:21 PM CET

Now PD works!! i can make and save correctly my profiles, BUT with a useless android app (the official and the simple one) is only a webpage to drag and drop objects.

• 143 posts
    February 13, 2015 12:13 PM CET

[blockquote]juerg siegenthaler said:

Is it possible to add some text-field to mark the Sliders etc??

[/blockquote]

I think in the future yes, i can imagine a functionality like that.

Is it also possible to add a copie button to copie a profile

[/blockquote]

Currently no, but we are working on it.

and finally an update button to mark the profile as updated, so in the android app the profile will shown as changed.
    [/blockquote]

It's an APP miss function thing, please report it here: https://social.sbrick.com/forums/topic/29/sbrick-android-app/view/page/11

This post was edited by Zsolt Szrapkó at February 13, 2015 12:15 PM CET
  • February 12, 2015 10:40 PM CET

Is it possible to add some text-field to mark the Sliders etc??

Is it also possible to add a copie button to copie a profile

and finally an update button to mark the profile as updated, so in the android app the profile will shown as changed.

• 20 posts
    February 12, 2015 4:51 PM CET

Hello. What is optimal for the PD for an image format and size?
    And what is better than JPG for a file format ??

[/blockquote]

To get the best background quality for this profile you should upload and use images with 1920*1080 resolution.

The best format is PNG.

• February 12, 2015 4:03 PM CET
    Hello. What is optimal for the PD for an image format and size?
    And what is better than JPG for a file format ??

This post was edited by juerg siegenthaler at February 12, 2015 4:04 PM CET
    • 20 posts
    February 11, 2015 7:57 PM CET

[blockquote]Conor Davies said:

Thanks, NXT 45 R,

that looks really good.

I'll give it a go.

Now, for your next challenge, can you make the slider reset to its 'zero' position when the reset button is pressed? :)

Conor

[/blockquote]

Thanks! It took a while to figure it out.

Sadly no. It would have to be programmed into the app somehow. (Like the port tester)

• 21 posts
    February 11, 2015 7:12 PM CET

Thanks, NXT 45 R,

that looks really good.

I'll give it a go.

Now, for your next challenge, can you make the slider reset to its 'zero' position when the reset button is pressed? :)

Conor

• 20 posts
    February 11, 2015 1:57 PM CET

Thanks, NXT45R.

As for the Auto-Reset...

I don't want the slider to automatically return to the centre position because I want to be able to leave the motor running at whatever speed I choose. I do, however, want to be able to turn the motor 'OFF'. Using the slider does not actually turn the motor OFF, it just stops turning but it still receives a signal (and makes a horrible noise!).

What I'd like is a RESET button, like in the Port Tester, which will turn OFF the motor completely (and, in an ideal world, reset the slider to zero).

Thanks in advance for any guidance.

Conor

[/blockquote]

Hi Conor I just made how-to video for what you wanted to do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkEJfSmiqHU

This post was edited by NXT45 R. at February 11, 2015 4:06 PM CET
    • 143 posts
    February 10, 2015 11:37 PM CET

It must be possible to link the Slider with a Button such as in Visual Basic.

So that we can in the PD link the Slider with a Dropdown like the "AutoReset" to the Button

[/blockquote]

Yes, we want to achive functionality like what you said.

This post was edited by Zsolt Szrapkó at February 10, 2015 11:38 PM CET
    • 143 posts
    February 10, 2015 11:30 PM CET

profile working again and new profiles visible from within app.

thanks for whatever hard work you have been doing in the background.

I tried assigning both a slider and a button to a single port, to try to achieve my goal of a non-auto-zero slider that could be reset (i.e. switched off) by using the button - just like the RESET button in the port tester.

I failed :(

I've tried a range of possible solutions (thanks NXT 45 R and others) but nothing seems to work.

Since it is quite clearly possible to achieve this (just look at how the port tester does it), would it be possible to allow the same functionality in the Profile Designer, please?

Thanks in advance.

Conor

PS should I be putting this request in a different part of the forum?

[/blockquote]

We want create some controls, and options like that in the near future, but currently it's not possible.

• February 10, 2015 11:15 PM CET

It must be possible to link the Slider with a Button such as in Visual Basic.

So that we can in the PD link the Slider with a Dropdown like the "AutoReset" to the Button

This post was edited by juerg siegenthaler at February 10, 2015 11:17 PM CET
    • 57 posts
    February 10, 2015 10:28 PM CET

Of course in code everything can be done! Like in the port tester. :)

But comparing the port tester with the profile concept, is not quite the samething.

While the port tester is just a single implementation, profile involve an architecture and concept design that must be well though, for it to work correctly and scale, if we think in terms of efective software development practices.

If this is considered, of course it can be implemented. :)

On a different note, the LEGO PF Speed Remote controller also has one reset button for each dialer, for a similar reason and more than that.

• February 10, 2015 10:04 PM CET

@Conor Davies    ......Crazy... the same Problem... Slider and one Stop Button for Stop the Slider

• 21 posts
    February 10, 2015 9:50 PM CET

profile working again and new profiles visible from within app.

thanks for whatever hard work you have been doing in the background.

I tried assigning both a slider and a button to a single port, to try to achieve my goal of a non-auto-zero slider that could be reset (i.e. switched off) by using the button - just like the RESET button in the port tester.

I failed :(

I've tried a range of possible solutions (thanks NXT 45 R and others) but nothing seems to work.

Since it is quite clearly possible to achieve this (just look at how the port tester does it), would it be possible to allow the same functionality in the Profile Designer, please?

Thanks in advance.

Conor

PS should I be putting this request in a different part of the forum?

• 167 posts
    February 10, 2015 9:43 PM CET

Thanks for the quick reports. :)

• 21 posts
    February 10, 2015 9:41 PM CET

profiles now appearing.

many thanks.

Will test and report back.

• 26 posts
    February 10, 2015 9:31 PM CET

Working now :-) Thank you.

IOS 8.1.3 App 3.6 (build 158)

• 167 posts
    February 10, 2015 9:13 PM CET

Nope.

But this time really, I've reproduced and successfully tested with my droid.

• 167 posts
    February 10, 2015 8:59 PM CET

I probably have caught the bug, please check your appliactions.

• 23 posts
    February 10, 2015 8:23 PM CET

Same problem over here: I just installed the latest version of the Android app, but my custom prifile is not showing up in the market.

Using: Sony Z3 Compact, Android 4.4.4

This post was edited by Jurgen Krooshoop at February 10, 2015 8:23 PM CET
    • 21 posts
    February 10, 2015 7:43 PM CET

just tried to make a new profile in PD.

New profile not appearing in marketplace on ipad/app.

Thanks.

COnor

This post was edited by Conor Davies at February 10, 2015 7:53 PM CET